Sali Hughes

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Someone on the guardian column pointed out Sali's trip to the sustainability confidence was sponsored by Aveda and asked if this posed a conflict of interest. And surprise surprise it was rmeoved by mods....

• Wow
Reactions: 8
I wish I could say I was surprised by that, but I'm not.

If you want to be thought of as a journalist, Sali, have some journalistic integrity :rolleyes:

I used to love the In The Bathroom series; her past guests were interesting, had something to say and it really was more about how they do their hair/make up etc, think Brix Smith-Smart, Gizzi Erskine.

Now it's a hollow bland shell just promoting the latest celebrity or MUA who has come out with a collection. Pretending to be BFF with Drew Barrymore was embarrassing for all parties.

Reactions: 7
Amazing how she can irritate in just a couple of paragraphs. Yes of course she has loved Aveda since the 90s :sleep: and she doesn't mention she is sponsored or that some Aveda products DO have sulphates. Glad some comments are getting through re this btl. She won't be happy with that.

Reactions: 4
New Sali post another ‘ive ALWAYS loved and admired’
You beat me to it.

I used to love the In The Bathroom series; her past guests were interesting, had something to say and it really was more about how they do their hair/make up etc, think Brix Smith-Smart, Gizzi Erskine.

Now it's a hollow bland shell just promoting the latest celebrity or MUA who has come out with a collection. Pretending to be BFF with Drew Barrymore was embarrassing for all parties.
I think this was the worst one. It felt like a total scam on both sides.

bleeping hell, Guardian. Sort it out.

Reactions: 1
I know it's awful to scrutinise someone's face but I'm curious about what's going on here. No matter what expression I make I can't make that part of my eye crease like Sali's in this photo. I'm an ignoramus re Botox - does freezing part of your face mean you use muscles that you wouldn't normally? Not seen this going on in other photos.

Attachments

Reactions: 1
I know it's awful to scrutinise someone's face but I'm curious about what's going on here. No matter what expression I make I can't make that part of my eye crease like Sali's in this photo. I'm an ignoramus re Botox - does freezing part of your face mean you use muscles that you wouldn't normally? Not seen this going on in other photos.
I don't know either re botox. Sali has IMO always been a bit evasive as to treatments but upthread someone quoted her as saying she sometimes has 'a weak dilute' of Botox. Of course her it's business but if you are flogging sorry recommending anti aging creams you should I think declare if you have had anti aging treatments. No one would care or judge - it is just a matter of honesty. She is very keen to have #no filter on her photos.
The same IMO as when Fern Britton was flogging slimming products without declaring she had had her stomach stapled.

Reactions: 2
I don't know either re botox. Sali has IMO always been a bit evasive as to treatments but upthread someone quoted her as saying she sometimes has 'a weak dilute' of Botox. Of course her it's business but if you are flogging sorry recommending anti aging creams you should I think declare if you have had anti aging treatments. No one would care or judge - it is just a matter of honesty. She is very keen to have #no filter on her photos.
The same IMO as when Fern Britton was flogging slimming products without declaring she had had her stomach stapled.
I completely agree. I'm actually disgusted by it. I think it amounts to making a career out of women's insecurities and adding to unrealistic beauty standards. All in the name of feminism.

I completely agree. I'm actually disgusted by it. I think it amounts to making a career out of women's insecurities and adding to unrealistic beauty standards. All in the name of feminism.
I've said before here I just don't get why lines and wrinkles are so unattractive and revolting and to be lied about. Even Sali's 'weak dilute' is a humblebrag - ie 'I've got so few lines I hardly need much at all - just the smallest little fairy kiss'. I much prefer French women vloggers (not all of them obvs) as they don't seem to automatically equate getting older AND SHOWING IT = unsexy/unattractive. For all Sali champions the older woman she still slavishly adheres to pretending not to age. It's a miracle!

Amazing how she can irritate in just a couple of paragraphs. Yes of course she has loved Aveda since the 90s :sleep: and she doesn't mention she is sponsored or that some Aveda products DO have sulphates. Glad some comments are getting through re this btl. She won't be happy with that.
Classic Sali, 'i've loved Shampure since it launched in the 1990's' Lets assume it was 1995, when it came out Sali would have been 20...... you're telling me that she was buying £15.50 bottles of shampoo at that age.... really?

Reactions: 5
Saw Sali's Beauty Pie ad on Instagram TV today. So she is getting paid, presumably, to advertise the product. Doesn't this compromise the integrity of her guardian recommendations? Even if Sali doesn't think she needs to be transparent I'm shocked the Guardian didn't think it important to note he sustainability conference Sali mentions in this week's column was sponsored by Aveda.

Also has face moves slightly strangely. I don't mind what someone does to their own face by I feel Sali has been particularly disingenuous and I fee massively let down.

Last edited:
Ugh I'm so tempted to write to The Guardian. Too tired to write a coherent one right now though. She is infuriating. The fact she's had to have comments disabled must mean they know she is becoming problematic.

Reactions: 3
"Comments on this piece are premoderated to ensure discussion remains on topics raised by the writer. Please be aware there may be a short delay in comments appearing on the site."

My favourite comment about sustainable hair products:

"Sali Hughes reminds me of the actress Rebecca Ferguson - a beauty indeed."

• Haha
"Comments on this piece are premoderated to ensure discussion remains on topics raised by the writer. Please be aware there may be a short delay in comments appearing on the site."

My favourite comment about sustainable hair products:

"Sali Hughes reminds me of the actress Rebecca Ferguson - a beauty indeed."
10/10 on that pre-moderation Guardian!

Interesting that they never felt the need to pre-mod comments on how wasteful/expensive/pointless makeup is and Sali always felt able to offer a good come back to them. It seems as if she can't robustly counter accusations of biased reviews and surgery.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.