Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Gulster

LE is light years above SH. Hence the jealousy. LE also has a lifestyle way beyond Sali's means as she is more successful with a super rich and successful husband.

The biggest difference and possibly where Sali messed up is LE isn't loud and gobby about absolutely everything. She doesn't rant on Twitter about the colour of ballet shoes etc.

To me LE has reached the very top. SH didn't really make it as a makeup artist so spread her wings and ended up being jack of all trades, master of none.
Her books aren't original they're shallow picture books to generate cash.
Her various columns aren't stimulating or thought provoking peppered with sharp witty prose, they're all repetative woke rants.

Lastly SH has been outed for how dishonest she is regards selling on social media. LE doesn't need to sink to this level of desperation.

• Heart
Reactions: 10

Jade Mitzi

VIP Member
One of things that gets me with this girl clique is that as much as these lot moan about 'jobs for the boys' they fail to realise that in fact they are just as bad.... there is a group of these (some with bugger all talent apart from being in the right place at the right time) that seem to be everywhere - all at the same events, all the same promo events and therefore all promoting the same shit different day. Sali doesn't really know what group she wants to be in which is some ways is part of her downfall. She wants to hang around with the likes of your Lauren Laverne (not a great deal of talent but poster girl for the BBC token woman) Caitlin Moran - (i'm mad me) and India Knight (in fairness she does have the nouse) but lacks the intelligence really to be in that clique; the other group she associates with is probably more her level which are your professional schillers, the Hirons, Crilly, Pebbles and The Anna Edit (so bland I can't remember her surname) either way both sets of groups seems to crop up everywhere. If there is an event to be had they are at it.... it is a closed clique and very hard for any new talent (which probably has more than these lot) to break into it. Part of the reason Sali is so defensive is I think her insecurity that one day she will be found out for what she is 'an imposter' its all the Emperors New Clothes or to coin another phrase which I am sure she would hate which is why I will put it here for her to read 'all fur coat and no knickers'
Nail on head.

She actually is the Hirons, Crilly et all grouping but is desperate to belong to the Laverne, Moran crew in the hope her career will start to mirror theirs. It won’t. She forged the ‘friendships’ with Laverne, Moran etc but repeatedly dry humping their Twitter posts which eventually got her a social invite. She has then just burrowed her way deeper and deeper in. You can still see her doing this on Twitter on occasion, she gets a bit nauseating with Nigella now and again.

She jumps on whatever bandwagon has space at the time and has zero debate skills. She isn’t about empowering anyone but herself really. The tireless sly brand promotion for money and kudos just isn’t right. The Guardian surprise me with just letting that happen week after week.

jeezlouise

'I'm not a tanner - I generally embrace my paleness' Vogue October 2017

'I’ve always rated M&S Autograph’s Self Tan Luxe Facial Oil' This week's Graun column. Uses it three times a week apparently 😂😂😂😂

• Haha
She’s so infuriating. She’s just posted about nude ballet pumps and how it hadn't occurred to her that the pink was skin coloured. She’s followed it up with a ‘Well that went well’ as though people had really gone for her. All the responses I saw were perfectly pleasant. Linking between plasters and nude nail polish etc which she’s passively aggressively responded that yes of course she knew that. Why does she have such disdain for her followers?

Girl meister

I stumbled across this site and thread after listening to Griefcast. I think most of what is written here is very harsh and I don’t know many people that would come out well with a pack of wolves ripping into their character like this.

In respect of the Botox, I’ve seen Sali post numerous times that she gets injections in a few areas twice a year and has done so since she turned 40 or just before she did.

I personally would rather look like a tit doing nana dancing or awkward djing than be the person mocking it online. 🤷🏼‍♀️

I already know I’m wasting my time with this comment...

Yes, it is harsh but lets not forget that Sali herself is happy to launch into people on twitter and other forums and set her pack dogs on them when it suits her. Reference the Botox yes there may have been the odd occasion she has admitted (reluctantly) that she has had it, but she continues to shill products (as evidenced on the recent Insta post) that are extortionate and in reality have no proven claims.... she might say things like this product really firmed my skin but then never follows it with, but please remember I have had a weak dilute of Botox.... as previous poster says, no one ever stumbles across this site.... I personally have no issue with her dancing, if she wants to put that on Insta then that is up to her. What I can't stand with these influencers is the way that they are making young people who can't really afford it buy into a lifestyle that they themselves are getting for free. Luckily I am old enough and wise enough to know better but its the hypocrisy I cannot stand.

PJMcZ

Her Carey takeover is beyond creepy. Making it all about her, yet another drama from which she emerges as the heroine, battle-scarred but still fighting on against the odds. From people I know who know people involved they weren’t even that close before the illness. Sali’s a grief thief.

PJMcZ

According to her Twitter the other day, no one EVER films at Madonna gigs. And Sali would know, of course, being the self-appointed oracle of Madonna “knowledge”. Presumably she’s been to every gig Madonna’s done in the UK to be able to make such a proclamation. She’s such a bullshitter she’ll probably claim she’d been to some of the legendary ones in the ‘80s and early ‘90s - although not sure how she’d have afforded the tickets given that she was apparently either living in “poverty” in Wales, or “homeless” (sofa surfing for a few weeks in London, which is what an awful lot of young people do when they move down there until they get work. Or in her case, when a relative pays her flat deposit). Somehow able to afford to go to Glastonbury as a teen as well, despite being So Working Class. Didn’t go again until 2017 (if she’d ever been at all before that - doubtful) but is also somehow now the oracle on what to think about Glastonbury. That Twitter conversation with “CatMo” (cringe) where she says people criticising her “Wouldn’t last a second where I grew up”, like she’s from South-Central LA rather than a completely ordinary village in Wales with a below-average crime rate. She also completely misses the contradiction of Billie Eilish telling people to “live in the moment” when Eilish is an artist whose entire career is based on social media chatter. Sali seems to think she’s an expert on music as well as everything else. Not an expert on keeping her fabricated life history consistent though. I actually think there’s something wrong with her, she’s a pathological liar.

Last edited:
  • Haha

slugella

VIP Member
I've followed this thread for a while. Used to love SH but agree with everything being said here and don't follow her anymore. Dr Sam Bunting has much better skincare advice and is much much more qualified.

Anyway, I just saw her Instagram post about Judith Kerr sadly passing away. Even in that she had to say "every one of us authors" just to remind everyone that she has published books too! It would usually be an innocent comment but she's just so up her own arse that it made me roll my eyes in response.

Attachments

• Sick
  • Haha

PJMcZ

I get the distinct impression she was always left out at school, and this current girl gang she thinks she's one of the leaders of (but is actually just tagging along while she's allowed) is a kind of revenge-meets-ego-boost for her. The kind of cutesy names she calls them (La La – really?!), the clunky attempts at using street language, the Mean Girls/ Muriel’s Wedding cliquey attitude, the desperate and wholly unconvincing attempts to claim she’s been into whatever’s the hot new thing FOREVER. Trying to become Ms Glastonbury in 2019 in her mid-forties, having only just started going – cringe. All the behaviour of a 15 year old. It’s turning into one HELL of midlife crisis.

NoseyP2019

Honestly, like no one had ever before thought of a modernist, minimalist book cover...cough... Clockwork Orange...nineteen eighty four....

Gulster

For the 3rd week running people are asking for a new beauty editor. Like that the top comment is calling her on the squalene and for pushing CT yet again.
I've commented on why botox is never mentioned and expect to be deleted.
SH does need replacing she is using the guardian to flog her Instagram/mates crap and not hiding it very well.
Doubt it will change they have no money for a new more enthusiastic beauty editor.
Her heavily filtered photo with massive forehead just gets on my nerves now. Sali is not #prettyhonest at all. Just an out dated sales pitch.

Ella77

“At least five jobs”. Do me a favour. 5 income streams does not equal five jobs, mate.

RayRayJay

I can't articulate as well as some of the others on here but I find that the vast majority of conversation is intelligent, well thought out and humorous. Not the pack of wolves you describe.

I can understand that if you've come here as a Sali follower then it might be a bit much but from what I gather, most people, myself included, were Sali fans and enjoyed her content and advice but became disillusioned by conflicting views, her disingenuous advertising and yes, her smugness.

I credit Sali with teaching me how to wash my face properly. I don't wish her any ill will. I'd be happy for her to read any of my comments the same way that I'd talk to and be honest with a friend who was telling me things that were at odds with each other, or hiding things that should be transparent.

SavetheDrama

VIP Member
Nobody here had a bad thing to say about Carey, we were all discussing how Sali appropriated that grief and used it for content, which was disgusting.
Also this isn’t an airport, you don’t have to announce that you’re departing 🤷‍♀️

Mselvista

VIP Member
I think Sali's irritation with books about periods, people who say they don't like Glastonbury (bit likevpeoplr telling you they used to be vegetarian which also annoyed when she had been veggie for about a month) and now "people doingmy effing box in" may be attributable to it bring a Tuesday. Notoriously THE worst day after a comedown.

• Haha
Reactions: 9

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
So pleased to find this thread on SH. I used to be on her FB group & loved it. Then joined her forum but didn't last long. I have increasingly found her humourless and thin-skinned. I sort of now read & watch what she does to get nicely irritated eg Guardian pieces 'I have long advocated...(followed by latest trend she has never mentioned before)'. Her ITB things could be good but bloody hell she interrupts so much (whatever product the guest mentions 'yes I've got that' 'yes I've used that for ages' and anything guest mentions eg a programme 'yes I loved that before it became trendy') all the while playing with her hair tucking it behind her ears. I think I really went off her when on her forum she asked for titles for her first book & someone suggested Pretty Honest. When it came out later that that was the title & the same person said 'so flattered you used my suggestion' she got incredibly arsey & said that she had thought of it and how dare anyone suggest otherwise.

PJMcZ

Yeah it’s almost pathological. There’s probably a name for it in psychology. If it’s not her massive earlobes it’s her upper arms or whatever. Everyone’s had insecurities in the past, but not everyone turns them into epic dramas with our gutsy heroine conquering yet another mountain and slaying yet another dragon. Must be exhausting being her.

Satisfying Click

VIP Member
She’s so infuriating. She’s just posted about nude ballet pumps and how it hadn't occurred to her that the pink was skin coloured. She’s followed it up with a ‘Well that went well’ as though people had really gone for her. All the responses I saw were perfectly pleasant. Linking between plasters and nude nail polish etc which she’s passively aggressively responded that yes of course she knew that. Why does she have such disdain for her followers?
Yes, exactly. No one as far as I could see was a dick to her on that thread, but she just had to be snippy back.

Does she want a medal for her self-proclaimed ignorance about the dark, languid history of the colour of a ballet slipper? JFC get a woke-grip on yourself, you had a book come out today, pour a drink and snuggle up with your IT'S A RESCUE DOG dog

Spilttea

VIP Member
Her written style on Twitter is far more street than in any of her other mediums. I hate it when seemingly posh white middle class folks try and be all street when it suits them.

It’s like “mate, sit the fuck down no one cares”

Also sali Twitter bingo. Every time she says the following look in the mirror and be pleased you have far more self awareness than her...

Boils my piss
Mate
Addresses someone by their surname
Wangs
My good friend Caitlin/Lauren/India
I’m a feminist
Vegetarian Brighton eaterie
Homeless as a teen
Press trip
Press sample
I’m a journalist
As a journalist.