Sali Hughes

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I know Sali’s type. Someone who perhaps isn’t as high profile/successful as they want to be, so instead collects famous friends so they can namedrop and bask in their reflected glory 😄

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
I know Sali’s type. Someone who perhaps isn’t as high profile/successful as they want to be, so instead collects famous friends so they can namedrop and bask in their reflected glory 😄
Yes I think the Queen is on her list :LOL:. And Meghan Markle - she is always sucking up to her.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Do you remember a few years ago when Sali wrote her open letter to Mumsnet on Mothering Sunday because she felt bullied?

• Haha
Does anyone follow Alex Steinherr? Personally I love her and her collection for Primark (though I am genuinely curious what she does as she seems to have PERFECT skin).

Anyway, I was scrolling through her latest post and had to laugh as Sali posted in response:
salihughes's profile picture
salihughes

I love that @lameruk Illuminator. It’s on my face right now.

• Haha
Does anyone follow Alex Steinherr? Personally I love her and her collection for Primark (though I am genuinely curious what she does as she seems to have PERFECT skin).

Anyway, I was scrolling through her latest post and had to laugh as Sali posted in response:
salihughes's profile picture's profile picture
salihughes

I love that @lameruk Illuminator. It’s on my face right now.
She could quite literally work for QVC as she seems to have every product ever made on her face right now.

Reactions: 3
Sorry but that's one scary over filled, filtered to within an inch of its life, fake face. Perfect for exacerbating insecurity in niave teens.
Just No!
In AS I mean although SH isn't much better. Oh it's not the filter it's the expensive ( no #AD but free ) product.😕

Reactions: 5
Sorry but that's one scary over filled, filtered to within an inch of its life, fake face. Perfect for exacerbating insecurity in niave teens.
Just No!
In AS I mean although SH isn't much better. Oh it's not the filter it's the expensive ( no #AD but free ) product.😕
Alex is pretty open and claims to not have had fillers. However, it's not the greatest photo but it does illustrate her porcelain-like skin. Like how is that possible!? Even with lots of make-up, mine just looks like a bunch of foundation sitting on craters for pores! :LOL:

Reactions: 1
Alex is 44 ( the same age as Sali). She is naturally beautiful and has fantastic skin, but it does irritate me how she she uses filters all the time.

It's so funny seeing these examples of how often she has to comment how she's got that/loves it etc. It's like those annoying people from my school days who had to stress they liked a band/movie/book etc before it was popular. Who cares.

Also similarly how she has stated sooo many times how she has to give brands prior notice before she mentions a product as it instantly sells out.

Seriously, does Sali rush to smear products on her face as soon as they’re mentioned? How does she manage it while holding down 5 jobs?

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Seriously, does Sali rush to smear products on her face as soon as they’re mentioned? How does she manage it while holding down 5 jobs?
It's actually at least five jobs. She's busier than you could ever imagine.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
It's so funny seeing these examples of how often she has to comment how she's got that/loves it etc. It's like those annoying people from my school days who had to stress they liked a band/movie/book etc before it was popular. Who cares.

Also similarly how she has stated sooo many times how she has to give brands prior notice before she mentions a product as it instantly sells out.
She still does it with bands! Of course. She has seen The Fall soooo many times. I think she first saw them as a runaway teen in a dingy dive. LOVE.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Alex is pretty open and claims to not have had fillers. However, it's not the greatest photo but it does illustrate her porcelain-like skin. Like how is that possible!? Even with lots of make-up, mine just looks like a bunch of foundation sitting on craters for pores! :LOL:
She has admitted to having both fillers and " a bit of botox to the lines the filler can't get to" which to me is blatantly obvious.

She an attractive woman certainly but also that swollen smooth wrinkle free forehead is down to fillers and filters. It's the bog standard look of beauty influencers everywhere. They all look the same. Although some do naturally have fuller lips no ones lips fill out more as they age.
SH has been having fillers for years before eventually and under duress angrily admitting to " weak dilute of botox "
Having a flawless complection isn't the same as line/wrinkle free.

She’s out and about doing interviews for her Queen book. She was on the Jo Good BBC London radio programme today. Available to listen to on the BBC Sounds App.

• Sick
Re Alex, I've been looking at her Instagram. She's 44. No amount of genetics, SPF, fabulous products and excellent self care can be wholly responsible for a completely wrinkle free face at that age. She filters so much that sometimes the lower rims of her eyes blend into her face. I'm sure she has excellent skin. Interviewers often mention it but I wish she'd lay off the filters a bit. I don't believe any amount of Sunday facials, La Mer or Primark skincare could give that perfect new born skin to a middle aged woman.

I’m not familiar with this Alex at all, but skin as spectacular as that (especially at 44!) can only be achieved with a bucketload of help, be it filters or fillers or heavy duty chemical peels. Good genes and good skincare can only achieve so much.

Reactions: 3
I don't know Alex at all so this isn't specifically re her but I wish influencers, including Sali Hughes, would just bloody stop with the propaganda that a lined skin is an ugly shameful skin you need to lie about. One of the very worst (and this is off topic) was a thing I saw recently on QVC. A sort of bizarre pulsating mask to stop wrinkles for about £300. The presenter was waffling on about how it could 'fight' aging and then said 'and you can even lend it to your daughter when she first starts showing the signs of aging'. Wtaf. I was so cross I emailed them about it. Haven't heard back.

Reactions: 8
"I don't know Alex at all so this isn't specifically re her but I wish influencers, including Sali Hughes, would just bloody stop with the propaganda that a lined skin is an ugly shameful skin you need to lie about. "

This times a million.
To be continually reminded to age is the biggest sin so get your wallet out and don't offend our eyes with your frown lines. Unless of course you're male then you don't even have to shave or cut your hair. Men get lazier as women near exploding from fillers, botox, boob and bum surgery while all claim to be feminist. It's hilarious how backward current trends have gone.

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.