Sali Hughes

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Reactions: 1
Oh, so that’s why she wrote so heavily for them. Of course it was founded and run by another one of her Twitter luvvie friends.

Her last IG was odd; look, if a strange man is following you around, you could walk into a petrol station or Ralph's chicken shop and most people will help you out. But it was Bobbi Brown so... :sneaky:

Reactions: 5
The Pool started dying a year ago, some of its feminism was iffy and I side-eyed a lot of it’s articles, it’s not paid its freelancers for months either.

The whole creepy guy thing is very weird. I can’t put my finger on what it is but something doesn’t add up.

Reactions: 3
^ If that story is true, there wouldn't have been any petrol stations or chicken shops around Soho lol but it does look very suspicious them going into Bobbi Brown like you say. If it's made-up BS what a cheeky way to mention the brand and this Keeley getting a shout-out and getting to pout on Sali's Insta :unsure:

Reactions: 2
^ If that story is true, there wouldn't have been any petrol stations or chicken shops around Soho lol but it does look very suspicious them going into Bobbi Brown like you say. If it's made-up BS what a cheeky way to mention the brand and this Keeley getting a shout-out and getting to pout on Sali's Insta :unsure:
Just seen this on her Twitter. She seems extraordinarily angry that people have suggested he might have mental health problems. Maybe it 'boils her piss' a phrase she loves using being all feisty and that. Btw not sure about on Insta but on Twitter it seems she was with another woman when this happened (she didn't say so but this other woman chipped in with 'yes it was scary for us').

Reactions: 4
Just seen this on her Twitter. She seems extraordinarily angry that people have suggested he might have mental health problems. Maybe it 'boils her piss' a phrase she loves using being all feisty and that. Btw not sure about on Insta but on Twitter it seems she was with another woman when this happened (she didn't say so but this other woman chipped in with 'yes it was scary for us').
She was probably with her lackey Lauren.
She gets so indignant and righteous about stuff, ‘how bleeping dare you all suggest he might have a mental illness, I have 28 friends who have anxiety and they wouldn’t chase me in to a make-up shop. I have decided he’s just a wanker and therefore he is just a wanker’

Plus she is probably pissed off at the suggestion the only reason a man might chase & harrass her must be because he is mentally ill. She really takes herself sooo incredibly seriously. I see her Guardian piece is a thinly disguised ad for Clinique.

Btw the comments with The Guardian piece are mostly brutal - a lot asking for a new columnist. One load of comments saying how wonderful Lisa Eldridge is which Sali will hate.

This is the 4th week in a row Sali has got nothing to say. Essentially a boring advert for cliniques latest gimmick.As usual she is getting trashed below the line.
How fantastic her column was before she got too lazy.
The Pool also got too smug. Instead of bite sized news it became virtue signalling from the usual suspects and adverts.
The pool, soho radio and the guardian all using the same people on repeat. Plugging each other's book's and skin care et al, in return for articles full of self love/oneupmanship.
Sali always has a hissy fit if crossed. Never debates.

Reactions: 7
One load of comments saying how wonderful Lisa Eldridge is which Sali will hate.
I've just read them :ROFLMAO:

She used to introduce her In The Bathroom guests as, "I've had so many requests for this person/This person was my most requested" when her comments are always asking for Lisa.

The pool, soho radio and the guardian all using the same people on repeat. Plugging each other's book's and skin care et al, in return for articles full of self love/oneupmanship.
Yep, it's very cliquey. Something Sali would hate being accused of and would have a 'moment' online about it. She recently mentioned snobby, cliquey Parisians, I was like erm, hello introspection!

• Haha
I can see the dollar signs in her eyes. Seriously, her guardian column needs it start disclaiming kickbacks.

Reactions: 3
The latest Guardian column is basically just a Clinique press release!

Reactions: 2
Isn't it? Her columns have become increasingly more irrelevant and silly - glitter? scrunchies? Obvious she doesn't give a tit any more and is just phoning it in (but still taking the money). I get far more ideas and intelligence from the suggestions in the comments. I just don't really get what she does tbh. I don't think she is a makeup artist any more though she keeps mentioning her 'professional kit'. Spends about 1 minute writing The Guardian article. The Pool has gone now. I suppose getting free stuff and testing it takes a lot of time.

Many people are saying this in the comments, of course. I find it amusing loads of people there are mentioning how great The Ordinary range is and how they've had bad experiences with Clinique skincare lol (Clinique make-up seems to be ok though, they do great foundations imo)

I've just noticed she doesn't plug her guardian column on instagram anymore. So she either knows it's substandard ( but doesn't care) or she does read the comments and is not pleased.
Also no photos of her lapdog anymore.
Has the assistant gone? Cutbacks.
I do like the guardian posters. Better advice there by far. Also this week them praising Lisa and recommending her is brilliant. No wonder she didn't post this one.
However will she be able to maintain her Gucci wardrobe.

She doesn't post it on Twitter any more either. Not really surprising when most of the comments seem to consist of 'can we get a new columnist please?'. I remember she took a break a while ago & someone politely asked on Twitter if she was coming back or if she had left. 'Oh I'm so sorry I've been looking after my dying mother' was the terse reply.

????. Well someone is reading here... pic of the dog posted on insta today... take that haters! ?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.