Sali Hughes

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh dear, I hope that article is just ill-written satire.

But wtaf Sali Hughes spends her time being virtuous about trolling and appointing herself the Master of the Art of Female Friendship. Then she sets her dogs on EC. She is such a bloody witch when she wants to be. A hypocritical pious bloody witch.

EC profile is now set to private so can’t see what she’s said. Please post it on here if she puts a juicy response.

Reactions: 2
My head is spinning, so the article is supposedly bad because it is "peddling rubbish to girls and women to hate on ourselves and each other" and so to prove/disprove this point (this is where my head falls off) EC is now being trolled by other women to the point where she has had to make her profile private? WTF?? I mean, its a crap article, but I don't see why EC deserves so much vitriol. The women that peddle make up as if the products are scientific miracles are complete fruit loops. Wear make up or don't wear make up, meh. Do what you want.

Reactions: 3
Who has the time and inclination to witch plop like this?

Sali Hughes sounds like a spiteful hole and isn’t as clever as she’d like to think.

Reactions: 1
This is yet another influencer cat fight made public ( of course ) by encouraging the sheep to take down the oppostion. SH will use her pool platform to further inflame and humble brag as always. In tyical smug SH style.
EC has the bigger house, plus the better looking and far more successful husband. SH husband is a rather podgy nonentitiy, though a useful nanny I expect.

• Haha
I quite like influencer cat fights made public. It is better than the pretence that they are "kind" all the time. I have no idea what SH's husband looks like, I do know GC can be a tosser and I don't envy EC in the slightest being married to him.

Giles Coren is a rent- a-gob, I suspect that’s the way Esther is going too, being mildly controversial is lucrative.

Sali starting a slagging off of Esther is gob smacking in its hypocrisy.

She has zero self-awareness.

And when she gets called out on it she always says the same thing: being sisterly doesn’t mean having to like everything a woman does. Yes Sali that is true, but it’s not an excuse for being such a massive witch.

Sali is very proud of her Christmas tree. She’s storied all her baubles. Seriously is anyone ever bothered about a strangers bauble collection.

Attachments

Last edited:
After glitter we have mens grooming kits being flogged in this weeks column. Sali's picture heading this useless article is heavily airbrushed, but she still looks really odd.
Far too much botox. Stop! It's awful. Although a good example of what not to do.

She’s just so tedious. And this weeks column reflects what a dead horse she’s flogging - At least she resisted mentioning Aseop poo drops for the 101 time.

Why does she mention she’s a vegetarian so often, no one cares, the virtue signalling is ever increasing.

Reactions: 4
Sali Hughes has been the smuggest irritating name-dropper for years. Can’t stand the woman on social media.

Yikes that's a nasty photo! #botoxfail.
Guardian column last week had a scamp and dude plug ( £40 makeup bag that all bloggers get free ) at the end. This week her column ends with her millionth plug for beauty pie.

Name dropping, virtue signalling, new vegetarian seems to be confusing pushing on instagram ( omitting#AD as always ) with plugging for the guardian.
SH will gush over every latest virtue signalling trend for a freebie ( undisclosed) with impunity.#notprettyhonest #champagnesocalist

This ‘writers retreat’ she’s on was definitely gifted and definitely not being disclosed.

She’s just done an Insta live from Austria, she’s either got a rogue eyelash or a very droopy eye that I’ve not noticed before.

If it's a free retreat she is keeping that very quiet as she plugs the resort daily.
Her guardian column last week involved her pushing £40 scunchies! Went down like a bomb with posters suggesting she leave and stop flogging her Instagram crap in the paper.
I think it's the eye thing is excessive pink eyeshadow minus mascara. Does look like her right eye is sore though.
Good column this week on cheaper cleansers to counteract last week's fiasco.
My main issue with her is the secret botox while flogging anti aging products and omitting retin a use.
Her forehead will explode if she has a massage. Beautiful have to refuse certain facials for faces that tight as the skin will split.
Dread to think how that could heal.

Yep, I agree it's gifted. She'd never dream of paying for something like that! Rich women jetting off abroad, paying £££ for detoxing treatments etc. that would be a Pool article for her. Dressed up as a writing retreat, I guess it's ok...

I just find it amusing she had to more or less 'earn' Guardian readers' respect when she first started writing beauty articles there and now she or her editors think it's ok to flog extortionate scrunchies and be taken seriously lol. I did used to like Sali years ago (when she made beauty videos for the Guardian youtube channel around 2011) but I find her smugness, too-cool-for-school and all this Twitterati stuff really annoying now.

Reactions: 6
it's absolutely infuriating and disappointing that all these beauty "influencers" and journalists, like SH, shill pots of cream whilst behind the scenes are getting facials, botox, fillers, peels and whatever else saying how great they are. As if it's just creams and serums that are doing wonders. I actually have a lot more respect for beauty influencers like jamie genevieve who are totally open and honest (and film!) all the tit they get done. No misleading posts about miracle creams.

Reactions: 5
She is so full of bull-tit. She’s wanting on about having used Squalane for decades. Someone has pointed out in the Guardian comments that they’ve never heard her mention Squalane up until now, and it’s true, she hasn’t ever mentioned it and she always mentions her ‘go-to’ products with relentless repetition.
Also, the scrunchie thing a few weeks ago is outrageous! £40 for a bobble is beyond defensible.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.