Sali Hughes

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She doesn't post it on Twitter any more either. Not really surprising when most of the comments seem to consist of 'can we get a new columnist please?'. I remember she took a break a while ago & someone politely asked on Twitter if she was coming back or if she had left. 'Oh I'm so sorry I've been looking after my dying mother' was the terse reply.
Oh, she's since deleted that tweet.

Reactions: 2
????. Well someone is reading here... pic of the dog posted on insta today... take that haters! ?
She’s even pious about the dog. The whole ‘don’t shop, adopt’ blah she comes out with at every single dog related opportunity. I broadly agree with her, but the superior berating attitude she has is so condescending.

Reactions: 3
That is the problem with her. Even if I agree with her views on anything (usually highly predictable though she thinks she is a fearless maverick), the way she goes about expressing them in that smug self-righteous way makes me want to take the exact opposite view eg 'I can't be friends with anyone who doesn't bleeping love Killing Eve'. (Not an exact example but her tweets are often along those lines).

Reactions: 5
Sali "I dont read the comments" Hughes has moderators previewing btl telling all posters to keep on topic, meaning do not criticise!
So when Sali flogs for mates be quiet or suck up. Have never seen this on a guardian article before, they usually just block comments.

New way to avoid #AD by miss #prettyhonest "it was a Christmas present." But she then proceeds to tag the company just in case they'd like to send her some free presents she'd like them to know how she will gush accordingly, should they be interested.
How hard these influencers work to avoid #AD.
Don't they realise people see right through them?

Reactions: 1
Sali "I dont read the comments" Hughes has moderators previewing btl telling all posters to keep on topic, meaning do not criticise!
So when Sali flogs for mates be quiet or suck up. Have never seen this on a guardian article before, they usually just block comments.

New way to avoid #AD by miss #prettyhonest "it was a Christmas present." But she then proceeds to tag the company just in case they'd like to send her some free presents she'd like them to know how she will gush accordingly, should they be interested.
How hard these influencers work to avoid #AD.
Don't they realise people see right through them?
I was coming over here to say exactly the same! Twice it says comments are modded to stay 'on topic' ie non-critical. The only joy of that dull column were the comments. How funny that our Sal who prides herself on being so feisty can't take any criticism. I have more respect for Jess Cartner Morley who sometimes gets a terrible slagging. I wonder if there is a 'Lisa Eldridge did a brilliant video on this' filter? Might try it and see. :geek:

There is no point in reading that column if they keep up this control, as yes the posters were the best! How to ruin a good thing.

Reactions: 2
Why does Sali have beef with Lisa Eldridge?
No idea but she definitely does. Not sure if it is based on anything other than professional jealousy tbh. I think I read that in Sali's first book she has a list of vloggers she admires & recommends - not a mention of Lisa which is barmy as I would say she is the best especially if you want more than just celebrity looks. Also Lisa has been absolutely transparent about sponsorship for years - something Sali struggles with IMO.

What was it with the ‘press trip’ she went on last week with Moran and Laverne? It appeared they went on a girly weekend to a cottage in Cornwall, but it was paid for by some rock salt company. She didn’t declare any of the IG stuff, just stuck a #presstrip tag on the photos touting the salt factory.

• Angry
And yeah, adding the pre-mod to the comments smacks of controlling the narrative of “affiliated links”

I used to watch her when she had those good YT videos where she just talked about products she liked etc (not the “in the bathroom” ones which are so poorly produced and edited) but I always found her a bit sanctimonious with her opinions and wannabe riotgrrrl attitude.

Just watching her instagram pictures of that eye / eyebrow gets me uncomfortable lol lol lol. She and CH with their Lord and Master over beauty and skincare attitude are of no interest to me.

I notice Lisa Eldridge is a bit of a forbidden word around the Gleambots. But she's a master of her profession whereas for example, Pixiwoo used to apply foundation like they're trying to rub down to the dermis

It's amazing how thin-skinned Sali acts behind the scenes re: moderation of btl comments on her article, given she likes to mouth off to others so aggressively on Twitter. Take your own advice and have a word with yourself

Reactions: 4
I notice Lisa Eldridge is a bit of a forbidden word around the Gleambots. But she's a master of her profession whereas for example, Pixiwoo used to apply foundation like they're trying to rub down to the dermis

It's amazing how thin-skinned Sali acts behind the scenes re: moderation of btl comments on her article, given she likes to mouth off to others so aggressively on Twitter. Take your own advice and have a word with yourself
I know - quite the feisty one on Twitter mouthing off all the time (on quite safe ''acceptable' topics though no doubt she thinks she is edgy and provocative). I think Lisa moves effortlessly in the circles Sali and others aspire to. Plus Lisa seems principled re sponsorship and advertising. That will never catch on.

Reactions: 4
I see she is starting up the GTL FB group again. I think her website & forum have bombed. Plus the negativity around her Guardian column. Looking for validation elsewhere?

The resurrection of her Facebook group - which at its peak had thousands of members, many of whom were very active - is v interesting.

Is the SHB still running?
Well. I had a look there a few weeks ago and the forum was practically dead - no new posts for weeks. And no new articles. I have no idea what possessed her to give up GTL & set up her own website. I loved the GTL FB page and nobody in the group wanted the move. The new forum was so modded & dull I lasted about 2 weeks. Her reasoning for re activating FB is that the forum is costing her such a lot. Not that her website died on it's arse. Not sure if I'll be bothered with the FB group as I find her so incredibly irritating now.

I may be wrong but I thought people were generally moving away from FB these days.
I thought fewer people had Facebook but there does seem to be a lot of very active groups - I dip in and out of a few which have tens of thousands of members.

I am really surprised tha Sali has moved back to her original group.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.