Sali Hughes

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I had to look that up.
It's a mini book of photos of the queen. So a book of photographs but not taken by the author?
Weird!
As all her other stuff has gone tits up guess some ardent fans will buy this scintillating book of nonsense to keep the wolves from the door. I doubt a single photo or the accompanying blurb will contain an original thought.
I could be wrong and it could be this years booker prize winner.

Reactions: 3
I think she’s having a reinvention, she’s suddenly reopened her FB page, started posting stereotypical influencer style IG posts, started posting photos of her kids. I wager many more #ad #gifts are on their way.

God, that book looks beyond awful, who the hell is the target audience for that. she really does think quaint is her ‘thing’ doesn’t she.

She's using her boys now? Wow. Words fail. That was her one redeeming feature.
Seems she is desperately looking for new income revenues after collapse of The Pool and her blog. If she maintains comment control btl in her column that will crash too.
Not a great time to start with the #ADs as the tide is turning. Bet she'll use present/ press sample or some other pusillanimous #AD hiding cop out on her quest for freebies and dosh.
I have no idea who will buy her copy and paste pics of the queen book, maybe the pride set in Brighton!

This Queen book seems a bit random, Sali's thing is more beauty than style/fashion (I also had her down as a republican/anti-monarchy lol). It would be more understandable if the queen had a milestone birthday or anniversary of some sort but I don't think she has unless I'm mistaken. Nice little earner for Sali, anyway ;)

Reactions: 1
I’m really surprised she’s got her boy in a photo, thought her thing was keeping her family private. Then again this is Sali Hughes; do as a say not as I do.

Why is Sharing pics of her extension/bathroom on insta?

All she has done since Christmas is press and paid trips to lush places.

Yeah I suspect the reinvention is because certain avenues are drying up. I do wonder how long her Guardian gig will last too.

The queen thing is weird. I suspect it'll be like the squaline oil thing out of nowehere: "I've been a fan of her Maj for years and now I've had the opportunity to sing about her style"

Does being a royalist fit with her riotgrrl/'Hood/homeless teenager image? Is this a pseudo-pseudo-pseudo ironic thing?

Reactions: 4
Shes always had a thing for the Queen. I remember the 2012 jubilee(?) being made into a really big thing on GTL, everyone who fawned over Sali were gleefully exclaiming how cool it was, and anyone who came out as anti-royal was shut down.

I think she thinks it makes her quaint to like the Queen, in the same way that she over uses ‘old-fashioned words and phrases. And bigs up brands like Yardley.

Oddly I can see a Queen book being very her. She delights in finding quite normal things awfully quirky and eccentric and makes them all about her - 'I've long advocated....' (No doubt in this case a twin set, pearls, tweed). Others have tried but only Sali actually 'gets' the Queen's style. And has done for years. Plus cynically she is banking on the Queen soon either a) dying b) turning 100. Totally agree she is trying to bolster up dwindling interest in her forum, bathroom chats and the Guardian now censored articles. It doesn't help that on Twitter she comes across as quite unpleasant, humourless and a total luvvie.

Last edited:
She really is "do as I say, not as I do". She's always been so breathtakingly hypocritical I've never been able to understand why so many people love her on Twitter. This is one of my favourite Sali pieces, on how her now-husband is a Tory. :rolleyes:

Reactions: 2
She really is "do as I say, not as I do". She's always been so breathtakingly hypocritical I've never been able to understand why so many people love her on Twitter. This is one of my favourite Sali pieces, on how her now-husband is a Tory. :rolleyes:
Omg that article? The self serving nonsense in it is hilarious. 'My family down the mines blah blah blah'. I remember her wanging on and writing numerous articles about how she would never ever get married again and shouldn't be judged for it. Happy being in a relationship. Then she got married to the Tory and then there were articles about how people who didn't re-marry had closed minds and had shut themselves off from new love. And she now never wastes an opportunity to shoehorn in 'my husband'.

Oddly I can see a Queen book being very her. She delights in finding quite normal things awfully quirky and eccentric and makes them all about her - 'I've long advocated....' (No doubt in this case a twin set, pearls, tweed). Others have tried but only Sali actually 'gets' the Queen's style. And has done for years. Plus cynically she is banking on the Queen soon either a) dying b) turning 100. Totally agree she is trying to bolster up dwindling interest in her forum, bathroom chats and the Guardian now censored articles. It doesn't help that on Twitter she comes across as quite unpleasant, humourless and a total luvvie.
Exactly this

UGH I didn’t know he was a Tory. And she is such a virtue-signalling liberal.

Reactions: 2
I’m not on FB, what’s kicked off?
A looong post from her saying how it had come to her notice that people have been saying on FB she only reopened the FB group as a promotion for her new venture. She points out it can't possibly be true as she has been so successful in the intervening years she just doesn't need it (then listing her achievements). A couple of posters mildly said people were within their rights to wonder as the timing is suspect and she did her usual of rounding on them (with back up from minions) saying they could f off (or words to that effect). I had forgotten quite how pompous she can be tbh. I wonder if the criticism she was mentioning was the FB source she said or here?

God she’s so entitled, honestly does she think all her ‘followers’ are thick?

I’m really glad I left the FB group years ago, I can feel my shackles rising just at the thought of how Mean Girls it is.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.