Sali Hughes

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh Sali, a few non fan girls there challenging your decades(??) use of squalane?.

Are you going to set your dogs on them?

• Haha
Reactions: 5
For the 3rd week running people are asking for a new beauty editor. Like that the top comment is calling her on the squalene and for pushing CT yet again.
I've commented on why botox is never mentioned and expect to be deleted.
SH does need replacing she is using the guardian to flog her Instagram/mates crap and not hiding it very well.
Doubt it will change they have no money for a new more enthusiastic beauty editor.
Her heavily filtered photo with massive forehead just gets on my nerves now. Sali is not #prettyhonest at all. Just an out dated sales pitch.

Reactions: 10
Surprised my comment wasn't deleted. I added some more to see how far I can go before being shot down.
Someone actually replied they didnt think sali had botox! How naive. At last though people are commenting btl that selling crap and not mentioning botox is wrong. This is all I want, for people to wake up to con artists. To stop throwing their money away so the likes of SH can buy half a dozen vampires wife dresses etc. ( if she even pays )

• Haha
Reactions: 3
^ Sorry for the OT but I can't quite decide whether I like the commenter called LiviaDrusilla in those sections, lol. She's amusing but very passive aggressive imo (is she one of you? ;))

No that's not me but I'm going to go look now. I'm ellavoid. I just rant about botox/pushing mates products etc. I often get my comment deleted for some reason.

CMA " Even gifts that without a requirement to post about them afterwards must be declared if they appear in social media content.
#freebie is suggested as a label."
As Sali relies on freebies to fund her beauty blogging I'm looking forward to seeing if she concurs with the latest cma findings and rules. It's fantastic that at last all the complaints to CMA and ASA are working and at last influencers can no longer deviously flog #freebies with impunity.

Love the way this is going. I always assume when Sali tags her clothes she is touting for business or not declaring free stuff.
On Instagram Sali replied to a poster that she never reads the comments on her guardian articles. Clearly then she knows there is a problem but prefers hiding, rather than addressing this.
Influencers get get so antsy when not blindingly admired.

Reactions: 2
She most definitely does read the comments, if someone pisses her off enough she can’t help herself but reply.
Her credibility is going to go through the floor if she starts having to declare stuff, and she knows that.

Reactions: 6
Snagging Drew Barrymore for the ITB video must be a boost for her website - the function of which baffles me. It’s never been updated enough for it to be a blog, the forum can’t get much traffic anymore, it was already dying when I packed it in at least 2 yrs ago. The videos have some novelty in that it’s fun to nosy in people’s cabinet, but surely that would warrant a YouTube channel instead of a whole site.

Snagging Drew Barrymore for the ITB video must be a boost for her website - the function of which baffles me. It’s never been updated enough for it to be a blog, the forum can’t get much traffic anymore, it was already dying when I packed it in at least 2 yrs ago. The videos have some novelty in that it’s fun to nosy in people’s cabinet, but surely that would warrant a YouTube channel instead of a whole site.
I'd totally forgotten about her website, it must be 4 years since I last visited it lol. I stumbled across her ITB series when watching the Mary Greenwell one a few years back, I assumed they were only on that channel.

Reactions: 1
I adore Drew Barrymore in her latest vid but I thought Sali kept interrupting her and I'd have switched off had it not been for Drew. Also sali needs to stop slouching in these vids it's so distracting

So pleased to find this thread on SH. I used to be on her FB group & loved it. Then joined her forum but didn't last long. I have increasingly found her humourless and thin-skinned. I sort of now read & watch what she does to get nicely irritated eg Guardian pieces 'I have long advocated...(followed by latest trend she has never mentioned before)'. Her ITB things could be good but bloody hell she interrupts so much (whatever product the guest mentions 'yes I've got that' 'yes I've used that for ages' and anything guest mentions eg a programme 'yes I loved that before it became trendy') all the while playing with her hair tucking it behind her ears. I think I really went off her when on her forum she asked for titles for her first book & someone suggested Pretty Honest. When it came out later that that was the title & the same person said 'so flattered you used my suggestion' she got incredibly arsey & said that she had thought of it and how dare anyone suggest otherwise.

Reactions: 9
At one time I felt sorry for SH. She moved her son out of his bedroom into sharing with his brother so she could have an Instagram friendly ( show off ) bathroom for her new itb series.( Unfortunately itb never really took off. ) But when she resorted to the likes of Lily Allen, got friends in again and became a virtue signalling smug monster...not so much. Mary G. Itb was its peek.

Really crappy behaviour regards #prettyhonest!

I stopped reading Caroline Hirons blog as I felt she became too aggressive and a bit of a nasty twit. I then started reading more of what Sali wrote but I’ve gone off her as well because she too is smug . The way she turned on Esther Coren a few weeks ago that resulted in Esther being targeted by nasty tears was well below the belt.

Reactions: 7
Sali has a problem with middle-class, well-educated and/or wealthy women. Even though she lives in a nice house, and probably earns a pretty penny, she still wants to see herself as a homeless, impoverished teenager. The way she went after Esther Coren was vile, she'd certainly have something to say if anyone did the same to one of her luvvies.

The fact that people still keep asking for an ITB with Lisa Eldridge probably pisses her off too. I'm not sure what the history is there, I know she makes polite nods on YouTube comments as 'I respect her' etc but I do wonder what has happened.

Ha ha ha you are so right - she definitely has a problem with Lisa Eldridge. Maybe nothing deeper than jealousy. Lisa naturally and relatively humbly mixes in the circles Sali aspires too. Plus ages ago on a vid Lisa made it clear she never ever is paid to use products and thinks it is wrong (something Sali does shamelessly). Sali likes to present herself as a fearless maverick with very unusual and slightly 'mad' ideas (usually the same ideas as Caitlin, Lauren Laverne et al). Her Twitter bio for ages was 'small. sweary. nerdy'. Cringe. And yes if she bangs on about being a homeless teen any more.

Reactions: 5
Ha ha ha you are so right - she definitely has a problem with Lisa Eldridge. Maybe nothing deeper than jealousy. Lisa naturally and relatively humbly mixes in the circles Sali aspires too. Plus ages ago on a vid Lisa made it clear she never ever is paid to use products and thinks it is wrong (something Sali does shamelessly). Sali likes to present herself as a fearless maverick with very unusual and slightly 'mad' ideas (usually the same ideas as Caitlin, Lauren Laverne et al). Her Twitter bio for ages was 'small. sweary. nerdy'. Cringe. And yes if she bangs on about being a homeless teen any more.
The homeless teen thing annoys the hell out of me. Didn’t she run away and live with an auntie then duck a load of band members? She’s so fake and loves to think she’s this dainty but cool rock chick when she’s just a sad sack.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
She consistently hashtags #nofilter #noretouch #nofacetune.

She didn’t state whether her Flawless Filter and Becca concealer was given to her or whether she paid herself, unless I missed it.

Only just saw the Esther Coren stuff. Omg Sali Hughes is such a witch. She has had some fairly dubious views herself. Slut shaming Rhianna for her clothing choices a while ago and in an ITB with Caitlin (of course) they both agreed that women who can't or just don't want to leave the house without makeup must have some kind of mental problem. Judgemental much?

She is a mega witch, she preaches about being kind and the power of female friendship, all the while running a clique girl-gang of ‘can’t sit with us’ celebs and groupies.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.