Sali Hughes #62 it’s good manners, payment pending of course

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'll often leave in rinse out conditioner.
I'll conditioner as nornal and then after rinsing apply a small amount the damp hair

Nornally do it with the really nice smelling one

I have very thirsty hair so works perfectly
I bought some cheapo Pantene serum stuff in B&M yesterday (£2.75) and it's apparently also a rinse-out or leave-in, which I think is weird. Have tried it, but made the mistake of combing my hair when it was dry which always frizzes it. I thought I could style it out but it hasn't really worked. I suspect the Pantene is not great but need to try without the combing. I might also have applied too much, always a bit of trial and error with a new leave-in.
---
I

I do this too - no ill-effects. I have wavy/curly hair though so can handle a decent amount of moisture. I sometimes cowash instead of using shampoo too, my scalp prefers it.
I have thick, coarse, wavy hair (mixed race but going back a couple generations) which is also on the long side - short hair really doesn't suit me. I will try using a good leave-in on wet hair. If it all goes Pete Tong I can just wash it.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
Surely, as with any hair advice, whether it not you can use rinse out conditioner as leave in or whether you can use conditioner on/near your scalp will entirely depend on your hair type.

I wouldn't dream of doing either of these on my 1b veering towards 1a hair which can barely tolerate any sort of conditioner without looking lank and weighed down (please, anyone who has this hair type, what shampoo do you use? I dream of finding the perfect one but everything is either too moist or too squeaky clean). But I'd never assume the same advice applies to someone with 4c hair.

This is where Sali always falls down. She doesn't even seem to know her own hair type, or at least doesn't treat it as if she does.
BIB Redken Volume Injection, discovered via Blowout Professor.

ETA I bought normal size bottle to try, then bought the 1 litre bottle, paid just over £30 with various offers, vouchers and no shipping. It lasts for ever and I still love it.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
I spend my life recommending K18 but it’s helped my hair enormously. I need about a pump and a half with straight hair that’s about an inch or so above my bra strap in length. I went back to L’Oréal’s dream lengths wonder water recently and it was good as well! My scalp will start throwing out oil if I even think about putting a product too near it so lengths only for me. Getting a balayage definitely changed my hair’s condition/texture though, as have some recent hormone changes, so I feel I’m still trying to figure out what my hair needs.

I always got on well with my custom mix shampoo and conditioner from Function of Beauty, but when my hair was fried from bleaching it wasn’t robust enough. Now I’ve broadly repaired it, I used my Function of Beauty stuff this morning and my hair feels really nice and swishy. Whilst it was in dire straights I have been all about K18, Redken Extreme and then OGX Apple cider vinegar as a clarifying shampoo when needed.

Reactions: 3
There’s a video on insta with the Chapmans. Sali emptying her make up bag and talking about the contents. Within the first five seconds she manages to show yet another kind of tanning drops and two brushes of the same kind. I switched off at that point.
Comedy bonus: the weird camera angle with the focus on the zipper of Sali‘s Jeans bulging weirdly.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Anyone read the BBC article about little girls under 10 using heavy duty anti ageing skincare and derms warning how horrifying this obviously is to anyone with a time share in half a brain cell? Nothing to lay at Sali's door of course but when you influence, you influence the whole culture. It's spun out of control. That's why these threads exist.

• Sad
Reactions: 19
Anyone read the BBC article about little girls under 10 using heavy duty anti ageing skincare and derms warning how horrifying this obviously is to anyone with a time share in half a brain cell? Nothing to lay at Sali's door of course but when you influence, you influence the whole culture. It's spun out of control. That's why these threads exist.
I did read that and honestly I thought of Hirons rather than Sali

Reactions: 18
I did read that and honestly I thought of Hirons rather than Sali
I don't blame any influencer individually ofc. Just a sad comment on the all-pervasiveness of the culture. Something that should be fun and informative for adults with critical thinking has spread its tentacles everywhere.

I don't blame any influencer individually ofc. Just a sad comment on the all-pervasiveness of the culture. Something that should be fun and informative for adults with critical thinking has spread its tentacles everywhere.
Your post didn’t read as if you were blaming anyone. Your comments are spot on!

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Oh I know! I just meant that it reminded me of the unhinged comments from the Caroline Hirons group, can anyone recommend a retinol for my 7 year old etc

• Wow
There’s a video on insta with the Chapmans. Sali emptying her make up bag and talking about the contents. Within the first five seconds she manages to show yet another kind of tanning drops and two brushes of the same kind. I switched off at that point.
Comedy bonus: the weird camera angle with the focus on the zipper of Sali‘s Jeans bulging weirdly.
THEY SAID I HAD A PENIS

• Haha
Reactions: 27
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.