Sali Hughes #62 it’s good manners, payment pending of course

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ditto I’m a fan of Lisa Eldridge foundation, did like the luminous silk but the Armani colour number system confused me too much

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
Thanks everyone for the foundation recommendations! I’ll definitely try some of those.

Some of my friends rave about Il Makiage. It wasn't for me - the colour match was wrong and I prefer a heavier finish. But you can return for free if you don't like it. You do have to get past the girl boss marketing as well.

Reactions: 3
Some of my friends rave about Il Makiage. It wasn't for me - the colour match was wrong and I prefer a heavier finish. But you can return for free if you don't like it. You do have to get past the girl boss marketing as well.
Very curious about the marketing now and will look into it straightaway. 😂

Reactions: 2
Always here lurking in the background for a good recommendation… and laugh at the observations you all make. I really love the Monika Blunder foundation it’s a solid cream in a glass pot, but it’s so creamy and soothing and really buildable. Also No 1 by Chanel is fab, but very pricey.
Have any of you beefies got recommendations for helping an itchy scalp, mine is driving me mad and I’ve never really had it. I have a shampoo the GP recommended but feel like I need some sort of soothing serum or something too - not sure where to start! I have bought the inkey list scalp toner but don’t want to use that whilst using the shampoo because It has salicylic acid in it. I think it’s perimenopause related, I’m not having tons of flakiness it’s just really itchy and irritated 😒

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Have any of you beefies got recommendations for helping an itchy scalp, mine is driving me mad and I’ve never really had it. I have a shampoo the GP recommended but feel like I need some sort of soothing serum or something too - not sure where to start! I have bought the inkey list scalp toner but don’t want to use that whilst using the shampoo because It has salicylic acid in it. I think it’s perimenopause related, I’m not having tons of flakiness it’s just really itchy and irritated 😒
I haven't tried it but this by The Ordinary looks good. About £14.

Screenshot_20240120_150101.jpg

When I had a horribly itchy scalp a few years ago the only thing that worked was Polytar shampoo. Coal tar. Smelled horrendous but did the job! Probably the sort of thing your GP has given you. Funnily enough I got quite addicted to the smell after a while 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Ooh while we’re on foundations can I ask whether you have any recommendations for a rookie like myself (worn it maybe 5 times in my life including on my wedding day). Looking for something very light and natural, almost like a bb/cc cream to give me that flawless finish I see some people have. Was just in east Asia and the skin on some of the women was incredible! Know a lot of it is skincare/genetics but the women I saw wearing make-up were clearly wearing something amazing and I want to try to recreate that if poss! Thanks 🙏😊
---

View attachment 2702789

When I had a horribly itchy scalp a few years ago the only thing that worked was Polytar shampoo. Coal tar. Smelled horrendous but did the job! Probably the sort of thing your GP has given you. Funnily enough I got quite addicted to the smell after a while 😂
I tried this and it does work for dandruff and itchiness, so worth a shot!

• Heart
Ooh while we’re on foundations can I ask whether you have any recommendations for a rookie like myself (worn it maybe 5 times in my life including on my wedding day). Looking for something very light and natural, almost like a bb/cc cream to give me that flawless finish I see some people have. Was just in east Asia and the skin on some of the women was incredible! Know a lot of it is skincare/genetics but the women I saw wearing make-up were clearly wearing something amazing and I want to try to recreate that if poss! Thanks 🙏😊
---

Hard to beat Armani Luminous Silk Foundation. You might need help with picking up the right shade though as the colour coding is a little complicated (works on a similar principle as hair dye codes).

Reactions: 7
Always here lurking in the background for a good recommendation… and laugh at the observations you all make. I really love the Monika Blunder foundation it’s a solid cream in a glass pot, but it’s so creamy and soothing and really buildable. Also No 1 by Chanel is fab, but very pricey.
I can't remember where I read this, but I sometimes use The Ordinary Glycolic Acid on my scalp. You can get it in a nozzle ended bottle, it's very "affordable" if you section your hair with a rat tail comb and run the nozzle along the partings, leave it on for a bit and wash it out, it helps clarify the scalp. Similar function to salicylic but glycolic is an AHA and salicylic is a BHA which deals more with issues of oiliness. My facial skin doesn't tolerate salicylic although it's fine on my limbs.

• Heart
Reactions: 7

View attachment 2702789

Thankyou for the intel, making a note of Polytar and definitely going to check out The Ordinary serum

Hard to beat Armani Luminous Silk Foundation. You might need help with picking up the right shade though as the colour coding is a little complicated (works on a similar principle as hair dye codes).
Thanks! Will check it out ☺

---

I like the nude glow cc cream from it cosmetics. It gives me an even finish but don't look made up. However, note down your shade because it rubs off the tube and then remembering which it is to replace it is a pain....(or is that just me?)

I use the philip kingsley scalp tonic for density but has really sorted out my itchy scalp

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Thanks! Will check it out ☺
Best budget foundation is L'Oreal True Match imo, I apply it with a beauty blender (like all foundations, I hate brushes), one pump for my entire face and it's really natural-looking.
Others I use are: Hourglass Veil Skin Tint (great, light coverage), Ilia Serum Skin Tint (which I find pretty high coverage despite its claim of being medium), Clinique Even Better Glow (fab, probably my HG foundation, I don't NEED the others, I just like a bit of variation) and Chanel Les Beiges (my summer foundation). My skin is very dry, so ymmv.

Yep Eborian CC is my daily base
Its equivalent to a very light sheer foundation. Its not a massive shade range (only 5) but it's pretty adaptable for most (I don't think it does super dark tho)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.