Sali Hughes #62 it’s good manners, payment pending of course

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Honestly, since when was “I bought some plain black trousers” interesting content at all?

• Haha
Reactions: 27
How does one tell the difference? 😬 Asking for myself.
My hairdresser said to me, noticing shorter hairs around my face, that it wasn't breakage but baby hairs. Broken hairs will have a blunt end where they've snapped off. Baby hairs will have a tapered end.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I stopped ruining my hair with dye and now I have these tufts of baby hairs all over my head, do these just keep growing? Will I end up with an accidental mullet? Stay tuned…

• Haha
Reactions: 15
O/T but have any of you lovely beefies had success with home eyelash perming/lash lift kits? If so, which ones? I'm getting to spammed to the moon by a particular company on IG that are obviously doing a massive PR drive at the mo.

I already tint my own lashes and brows so am used to that and am fine with that.

Reactions: 3
O/T but have any of you lovely beefies had success with home eyelash perming/lash lift kits? If so, which ones? I'm getting to spammed to the moon by a particular company on IG that are obviously doing a massive PR drive at the mo.

I already tint my own lashes and brows so am used to that and am fine with that.
I bought an cheapy on eBay and it was great for me. My friend said she thinks they're all the same as the more expensive ones, but obviously I don't know your eyes. It's fiddly to do, better if you can get someone to do it for you, but not impossible on your own.

No but, if it’s the company I think it is, I caved the other day after months of being tempted and bought their dip manicure set 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 2
I suspect a good deal of that hair isn't even hers, but might be made from recycled plastic bottles.
It's quite a horrible industry

• Sick
Reactions: 8
I stopped ruining my hair with dye and now I have these tufts of baby hairs all over my head, do these just keep growing? Will I end up with an accidental mullet? Stay tuned…
Same. I noticed a lot of the grey-hair influencers mention it too - you stop slapping dye on your scalp and a few months later you suddenly get this fresh hair growth like a fluffy chick. Annoying until it gets long enough and flops over.
---

Yep - I did it for a while with the little sticky rollers, and it was fine. My tip would be do one eye at a time from start to finish, then the other eye, just until you're confident.

Same. I noticed a lot of the grey-hair influencers mention it too - you stop slapping dye on your scalp and a few months later you suddenly get this fresh hair growth like a fluffy chick. Annoying until it gets long enough and flops over.
What's a good grey-hair account to follow?

Reactions: 1
Try Grombre @melfish
---
It’s not that active anymore but interesting all the same.
Thanks, I'm already grey. Toying with the idea of colouring and thought I might be dissuaded by a grey hair account that isn't actually about grey hair iykwim. A woman who happens to have grey hair who isn't talking about her grey hair, like Paulina Porizkova but more relatable 🤣

Reactions: 4
It’s wild to me that she’s still in her 40s. It’s almost as if she wants to look 10, 15, 20 years older than she is.

The “grey” hair (which isn’t even grey, it’s like an overly bleached off-white) does absolutely nothing for her. The tone is all wrong. She should do a darker grey, closer to how her actual natural hair would look.

Last edited:
Reactions: 12
And she's such a maverick, an iconoclast even 🤪, that she insists on wearing it long (with the wrong-toned makeup), even though she doesn't have the hair for it. She is so contrary. I bet she dies on the dumbest hills irl

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Try Grombre @melfish
---
It’s not that active anymore but interesting all the same.
Seconding this. I don't have any accounts to recommend - if you search for #silversisters it brings up the biggest selection. The problem is that the accounts that get pushed are the ex-models, who would look amazing with any hair, or the women who are white/very pale silver because their transformation is dramatic. Whereas the reality is that most women will grow out to a mix of brown/dark grey hair which isn't as 'pretty'. I also have strong suspicions that a lot of them dye their hair to get a better silver, or at least light it very, very favourably.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.