Sali Hughes #62 it’s good manners, payment pending of course

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ohhhh no it isn’t 🤣 At least not entirely. It does sound better than “scraps of polyester crap” though.
Gosh though at least it’s not leather like 30% of their other skirts.

Reactions: 13
It's a bit better than using virgin polyester but it's still regarded by many as a green-washing tactic by brands. And of course influencers lap up the PR from the brands unquestioningly and regurgitate. If only some had some kind of journalistic background and could look a bit futher past the guff. Still produces micro fibres, too.

Last edited:
Reactions: 29
Plastic can only be recycled a few times (depending on what it is made into) and always ends up in landfill at some point. So the ‘my skirt is made from plastic bottles’ and is therefore good for the planet is bollocks, unless you wear the garment very regularly for a long amount of time to get the use from it.
---
Which then at least means it’s being useful

Reactions: 19
At work we once looked at investing in a company that was making a huge deal of tbe fact that their clothing was made with Tencel, a sustainable material. But their products were made in China with a very opaque supply chain. Therefore they had no idea who was making their clothes. Its absolute greenwashing. Not saying that that this is the case here but I'm always very suspicious of any claims.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
She buys so many new clothes I don't know why she doesn't buy 2nd hand more. It's all just fast fashion for her.
How hard could it be to source a fairly dull long black skirt then get it altered by a local tailor to fit her teeny weeny lil frame 🤭
If I was her, and was buying and receiving for free so much 'stuff' for my job, I'd definitely look to areas where I could buy more ethically and responsibly to offset the waste.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Seriously, she could be a poster girl for the kind of *fewer better things* mindset influencer, but instead she's chasing those instagram hits with a kind of more, MORE, MORE!!! dying days of Rome decadence.

She buys so many new clothes I don't know why she doesn't buy 2nd hand more. It's all just fast fashion for her.
How hard could it be to source a fairly dull long black skirt then get it altered by a local tailor to fit her teeny weeny lil frame 🤭
Our little pixie could probably get an upturned thistle and some black mascara and fashion a environmentally sound pUnKy black skirt, so wee is she 🧚‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Quick crash course in lighting might be necessary if you're going to claim your hair's not damaged, but go off I guess.
1000052178.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 31
She's has the privilege of being a standard dress size/height, so second hand/vintage shops will be bursting with stuff she can easily access. For example, it's really hard to find plus sized items in those kind of shops.

Nobody tell her she's anything other than perfectly unique though, aye.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
She can get to duck with her greenwashing low spend classic purchase nonsense. She is living proof that its bullshit. She's trapped in a weird cycle of constantly buying unremarkable clothes and pretending that they are "the one". If someone was in and out of Primark as often as she is in and out of Cos or Whistles she'd be disdainful of their choices.

• Haha
Reactions: 34
She's has the privilege of being a standard dress size/height, so second hand/vintage shops will be bursting with stuff she can easily access. For example, it's really hard to find plus sized items in those kind of shops.

Nobody tell her she's anything other than perfectly unique though, aye.
Standard? How dare you, she is completely unique, there's no one else like her in the land

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.