Sali Hughes #52 Been there, seen it, done it, knew about it first. Always done it.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The worst thing is though, if she is indeed allergic to brown hair dye like she says, she won’t have any choice but to grow out the hair she’s got now to get it back to her natural colour. Which will look absolutely horrific for about a year unless she is prepared to go really short for a while.

I remember when she wrote for The Pool she wrote an article titled “I’m going grey, and I’ll style it out however I damn well please” - which was so confrontational and snippy for no reason, and all about her plan to go fully grey, haters be damned! She’d published photoshopped pictures of her with grey hair as part of the article and it looked bad, but not that much worse than how it’s actually turned out. It really was an awful decision.
I could be wrong, frequently am, but I was always though her hair looked dyed when it was brown. Hard to tell on screen and in photos, I know, but there was a sort of depth and richness to it that I've never seen in natural brown hair.

Reactions: 5
I could be wrong, frequently am, but I was always though her hair looked dyed when it was brown. Hard to tell on screen and in photos, I know, but there was a sort of depth and richness to it that I've never seen in natural brown hair.
she claimed she was allergic to dye and couldn’t cover the grey, hence the current situation.

Reactions: 2
She's allergic to an ingredient in hair dye, not hair dye in general. I think the most potent allergens are found in permanent hair dye. But, you know, a more curious beauty journalist might have looked into those ingredients and recommended alternatives or even advocated for better research into less irritating ingredients - it's a pretty common allergy and one that can even develop over time.

Or maybe she did do that! I clearly missed the column where she talked about her hair dye allergy. Nonetheless, it's confusing to hear that someone is allergic to hair dye ingredients and then they go off and mess about with their hair colour and expose themselves to many other allergens and chemicals in the process.

Reactions: 8
You can have no issues for decades, then suddenly have an anaphylactic reaction, as in Sali's case

Reactions: 12
She's allergic to an ingredient in hair dye, not hair dye in general. I think the most potent allergens are found in permanent hair dye. But, you know, a more curious beauty journalist might have looked into those ingredients and recommended alternatives or even advocated for better research into less irritating ingredients - it's a pretty common allergy and one that can even develop over time.

Or maybe she did do that! I clearly missed the column where she talked about her hair dye allergy. Nonetheless, it's confusing to hear that someone is allergic to hair dye ingredients and then they go off and mess about with their hair colour and expose themselves to many other allergens and chemicals in the process.
She did quite a good article at the time, and said somewhere that Guardian legal stopped her saying more.

• Wow
Reactions: 6
Those glasses 😭 The more I look at them, I realise they're a middle aged woman take on the hipster two years ago incel specs. They aren't quite oversized enough, the shape of the lenses isn't right, the wire frames are a little too thick and the lenses need thinning out desperately, she looks like Kinky John.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 20
Now available in Boots has got to win some sort of award for cringiest content ever.
Feels like Sali and Dan need to discuss who is responsible for the shameful lameness of this in that cafe they use for the losing team on The Apprentice. Back in the boardroom Sali will blame Dan for the tit pun. Dan will say it was down to Sali dying to show off her footwear.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.