Sali Hughes #52 Been there, seen it, done it, knew about it first. Always done it.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Why oh why does she insist on constantly wearing black and linen if she doesn't own an iron and her clothes are constantly covered in dog hair and dandruff. It's quite literally the worst combo for her.
I love linen in hot weather but black long sleeves and legs in the hottest week of the year is madness.

Do we think that's the reason behind all the new clothes with fold creases still in them? Doesn't own an iron so wears brand new clothes every day?

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Or she can use one of those handheld clothes steamers that take next to no time to de-crease clothes. I hate ironing and factor that in when I buy new clothes and tend to buy stuff that doesn’t need ironing. The way’s she so keen to parade every brand new purchase is akin a 9-year old. I’m actually starting yo think she’s really benefit from a stylist- prob cheaper on the long run at the rate she’s buying new awful clothes.
On the plus side she’s single-handedly keeping the local parcel delivery service in business.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Why's she starred declaring discounts? She surely has Matches and Net a Porter discounts but never mentions them when she's saying her bag/coat/belt/scarf/trainers are by such and such designer
Maybe because she knows we know about the Whistles discount, and she is being honest 😂
And good luck her 'keeping cool' in an outfit that is 50% polyester and black.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
No affiliates, no commission, no iron.
It's really early but thread title contender.⚡

If you’re going for tortured and bizarre fashion references to American men Sali, a Dollar Store Johnny Cash would probably have been better
Still cackling over Dollar Store Johnny Cash. 😂⚰ She looks so obstinate. "Leave me alone, mum, I don't care if these sandals display my little toe like a tiny penis. It's kewl, ok?!"

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 36
She's really taking a page from Anna Edit's book with those brows, or Eugene Levy.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
The absolute bleeping hubris of her writing this column. She who can’t pass a Superdrug without buying 6 things made from plastic.

Jeeeeeeesus. “You can even buy a little brush…” just use an old toothbrush you prick. And what are the labels made of? Rice paper? Ffs.

• Haha
Reactions: 27
The fashion industry is the second largest polluter in the world just after the oil industry.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
Hello gang, was busy elsewhere and missed out on being called mentally ill by a woman with bizarre eyebrows. I’ve see those IRL about 8 years ago in my hometown (Liverpool)
Just popped in to say I bought niacinamide on a whim a few months ago but then forgot about it. Anyway, because I’m “on my way there” I’ve started getting horrible flat spots from my ears down. Remembered the niacinamide and WOW it’s a literal miracle. Acne rash thing has totally calmed down and could be gone by tomorrow.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
BUY LESS STUFF BY BUYING MORE STUFF

sorry I’m still cross.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
She also says this like it's something new? Decanting products into travel bottles has been around for ages. And most of us manage to do it without requiring a labelling machine

• Haha
Reactions: 33
I’ve been decanting big things into little things for years. And I just use my senses to work out what’s in each one.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
She also says this like it's something new? Decanting products into travel bottles has been around for ages. And most of us manage to do it without requiring a labelling machine
Yes because we don't have 8448834756 different products on the go. I manage to see the difference between my shampoo and my body lotion without a label.

She is right about the muji travel bottles, I give her that. They are way better than anything I've seen anywhere else. But also: the one time use mini bottles can totally be refilled. Removing the requirement for additional bottles to begin with. It's a problem that she only has because she has way too much stuff and likes to overcomplicate things.

Reactions: 28
The absolute bleeping hubris of her writing this column. She who can’t pass a Superdrug without buying 6 things made from plastic.

She's stopped buying travel minis? Why would she have even started? It's not as if 'travel minis bars' are a relic from the days when we were less conscious of waste. They're a pretty recent thing.

I've been decanting travel stuff into pots for probably 30 years - and I'm far from being the world's most eco-conscious. I don't label things. If any possibility of mistaken identity I write an identifying initial on the pot with a Sharpie.

ETA: Just seen that others here are, unsurprisingly, saying exactly the same.

Reactions: 25

For the record the ‘transparent airport-friendly pouch’ she mentions wouldn’t cut the mustard at Manchester airport (and I’m sure a lot of others) as you need to have your liquids in a very specific sized (small) ziplock 😖

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.