Sali Hughes #52 Been there, seen it, done it, knew about it first. Always done it.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Do people often bother with taking minis on holidays anyway? Most skincare items are already in small 15-30g sizes. The only items I can think of taking as minis in the past are shampoo and conditioner and I tend to re-use the bottles as they are easy to open and clean. I cannot see the point of buying more plastic, a special brush (!!!) and a label maker (give me strength) for this very specific purpose. She is obsessed with creating reasons to buy more unnecessary tit.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
For the record the ‘transparent airport-friendly pouch’ she mentions wouldn’t cut the mustard at Manchester airport (and I’m sure a lot of others) as you need to have your liquids in a very specific sized (small) ziplock 😖
Ffs. Show me you never travel with carry on luggage without telling me you never travel with carry on luggage. She's clueless

As for the label makers, it's all part of the "I'm so nerdy" image she tries to project. "Any excuse to use it"

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Everyone has echoed my thoughts. Honestly, we all decant don't we? And without the need to buy extra gadgets like brushes and label makers. Plus we all know she seems to have an almost compulsion when it comes to buying unnecessary stuff so 100% she would just buy masses of products at the airport Superdrug/Boots/Duty Free because she 'forgot' something. Before frequenting all those little pharmacies on her holidays to buy more stuff because it is her job.

Reactions: 25
Yeah decanting has been a thing for ages and I wouldn't even say it's to do with sustainability, it's because of the 100ml liquid limit for carry on that's been around for ages. That's why I don't get why she thinks that travel sizes are a relic of the past. They weren't as people could just bring them in their checked in bag in the days before having to pay extra and before the liquid limits were introduced for carry on

Reactions: 17
Everyone has echoed my thoughts. Honestly, we all decant don't we? And without the need to buy extra gadgets like brushes and label makers. Plus we all know she seems to have an almost compulsion when it comes to buying unnecessary stuff so 100% she would just buy masses of products at the airport Superdrug/Boots/Duty Free because she 'forgot' something. Before frequenting all those little pharmacies on her holidays to buy more stuff because it is her job.
I think that if there were readers' comments on the Guardian article, 90% would be saying the same as us.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
I’ve just twigged… I think the target audience for that article was one person… and I think it’s the same person who wrote the article 😬

• Haha
Reactions: 33
I stopped decanting when I realised that unless you're buying massive value sized full bottles of shampoo and moisturiser (sorry, crem) in glass jars it's easier just to take what you're using anyway and if there is any left, bring it back again - it doesn't really save any weight or space.

Reactions: 14
But with carry on luggage the limit is 1000ml and you can't have a liquid of more than 100ml so that rules out the majority of shampoos and conditioners. And even if a bottle is 100ml or less it might be bulky and take up room in the tiny plastic ziplock bag

Reactions: 12
I stopped decanting when I realised that unless you're buying massive value sized full bottles of shampoo and moisturiser (sorry, crem) in glass jars it's easier just to take what you're using anyway and if there is any left, bring it back again - it doesn't really save any weight or space.
Decanting saves me a lot of space and weight but I even decant make-up. I'm just back from a few days away and this is one of my tiny (1 inch diameter) pots - a bit of cream bronzer on one side and blush on the other.

1657974404002.png

Reactions: 29
It’s quite uncomfortable seeing her go through a late fashion victim phase, she is definitely ’there’ in that respect. If she had a shred of niceness about her I would feel sorry for her. No intervention because either nobody gives a tit that she looks a disaster or they can’t be arsed with her snippy clipped responses.

i mean

View attachment 1413524View attachment 1413530
Scary stuff

#kindlygifted to you @Valiofthedolls:

Fabulous 🤣🤣🤣

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
She’s Number One on Amazon in the Etiquette category. LOLS. Just ahead of a book helping three year olds handle their temper tantrums. Oh the irony.

2323BADB-1342-4CE8-A56E-2C53DD867A54.jpeg

£21.99 for that bin fire. Nope.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 34
I didn't realise it was in such a niche category! I bet most people won't pay attention and they'll think she's top of the proper chart.

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 17
I really cringe when influencers post gushing thank yous for reaching dizzy heights on an obscure selling category. I can only assume their management tells them to do it because surely even typing it out must make them feel like complete dickheads.

Have some self respect, peeps!

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I think that if there were readers' comments on the Guardian article, 90% would be saying the same as us.
There was no reason to remove the comments section under her column. Well before Freaky Friday the comments were already pre-moderated. When she declared it’s been removed so that she won’t get trolled, I thought what a self-obsessed witch with zero respect for her regular readers.

Anyway, she shot herself in the foot with this move as the column has gone massively downhill since then and surely gets a lot less traffic. The vast range of opinions BTL were often more insightful than the actual column and SH was able to feed from people’s ideas and suggestions for future column topics. Silly move by her.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
And she coulda done a “annual list of readers best recommendations” as a filler column.

it isn’t too hard to hack Amazon and become a ‘bestseller’. Prob the main job for publishing interns these days

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.