Sali Hughes #52 Been there, seen it, done it, knew about it first. Always done it.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The alternative reality in which she has also invented a whole new skincare genre.
And in which she and her family are the victims of vicious online trolling.

'How to create an alternative reality....and get others to believe it' is a chapter I'd be interested in reading.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Imagine shelling out £23 for an etiquette book written by an expert shopper and founder of a beauty range and being confronted with a chapter on how to chop onions. Can’t wait to read the reviews 🤗

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
Imagine shelling out £23 for an etiquette book written by an expert shopper and founder of a beauty range and being confronted with a chapter on how to chop onions. Can’t wait to read the reviews 🤗
They'll all be fawning because London media is one big circle jerk. The Amazon ones, however ...

• Haha
Reactions: 24
I'm invoking #hotessentme once again. and what? she's done another book? with advice about chopping onions? like I said elsewhere, is there a song?

is this book gonna be any better than the 90s magazine advice that made up pretty honest?

I never bothered with pretty iconic or the one about how centrist dads look for meaning in the queen's clothes

• Haha
Reactions: 20
I'm invoking #hotessentme once again. and what? she's done another book? with advice about chopping onions? like I said elsewhere, is there a song?

is this book gonna be any better than the 90s magazine advice that made up pretty honest?

I never bothered with pretty iconic or the one about how centrist dads look for meaning in the queen's clothes
She’s going to talk about potatoes too

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Good thing this book seems to be dispelling the theory that women who have an interest in beauty can't be 'smart' too 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 31
Comments under the unbooking post are bordering on the psychotic

Plus - course you do Sali - why can’t she ever just say- yes it is….. there always has to be ‘I’m an expert’ subtext to everything
Wait, she “collects” Welsh blankets? How many blankets does one person need and how much storage space is in her house?! Sali, accumulating mountains of unnecessary tit (see also: flannels, clothing, product) does not a collection make. It’s acquiring for acquisition’s sake.

Maybe she forgets her Welsh blanket at home so has to pop into Machynlleth/Lampeter/Bangor/Blaenau Superdrug to get an “emergency” one every time she passes?

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Wait, she “collects” Welsh blankets? How many blankets does one person need and how much storage space is in her house?! Sali, accumulating mountains of unnecessary tit (see also: flannels, clothing, product) does not a collection make. It’s acquiring for acquisition’s sake.

Maybe she forgets her Welsh blanket at home so has to pop into Machynlleth/Lampeter/Bangor/Blaenau Superdrug to get an “emergency” one every time she passes?
To be fair they are a “thing” and I do know of other Welsh people who collect them (sorry, just remembered you’re welsh!)

Reactions: 11
Comments under the unbooking post are bordering on the psychotic

Plus - course you do Sali - why can’t she ever just say- yes it is….. there always has to be ‘I’m an expert’ subtext to everything
In fairness to her, I think if she just replied 'yes it is', it might be deemed as snippy. We've often said here that her replies are snippy and not engaging, I think talking about collecting blankets is at least replying with a bit of warmth and engagement

Reactions: 15
To be fair they are a “thing” and I do know of other Welsh people who collect them (sorry, just remembered you’re welsh!)
Sali only collects them because they’re very pricey and they have a middle class cache to them. She wouldn’t be interested if they were Welsh and cheap. They do look beautiful but they’re scratchy. Maybe she’s channelling Coastal Grandma - sorry! Coastal not quite there yet! I’m awaiting her collection of Love Spoon fridge magnets

Also, I’m in Machynlleth today! 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Is this still the book idea that was so groundbreaking her agent advised her to tell no one for fear of plagiarism? Is she living in some kind of alternative reality?
HOW TO CHOP AN ONION
followed by
WHAT TO DO IF YOUR FOOD TASTES BLAND

What the actual duck. Who need this kind of advice by a beauty journalist turned influencer?

• Haha
Reactions: 27
HOW TO CHOP AN ONION
followed by
WHAT TO DO IF YOUR FOOD TASTES BLAND

What the actual duck. Who need this kind of advice by a beauty journalist turned influencer?
I think she might be trying to position herself as a 'lifestyle' guru. Isn't her TikTok handle something like 'Sali Hughes lifestyle'?

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 15
But this is so incredibly mundane. Who DOESN'T know what to do when food tastes bland? My kid would find a way and he's 10!

• Haha
Reactions: 19
She's recording her own book? *gulp* *sniff*
Good lord.
There's a reason why there are trained narrators/voice actors - not all authors are good at recording their own books (in fact, only very few of them are).

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 32
But this is so incredibly mundane. Who DOESN'T know what to do when food tastes bland? My kid would find a way and he's 10!
She does seem to be pitching her writing these days at a very low level of intelligence/common sense/sophistication. I wonder if it's because of the many inane comments and questions she gets on Instagram - and she sees those as typical of her readership.
Maybe she's right - maybe someone who's confused about skincare is confused about a lot of things.

• Haha
Reactions: 29
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.