Sali Hughes #52 Been there, seen it, done it, knew about it first. Always done it.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I didn't intend to cause anyone to defend their more relaxed, lounging holidays! I've never had a resort getaway, it wouldn't be my choice, but I can certainly understand wanting something serene and relaxing away from regular life.

When I called Sali strange that was more in general, really. I agree it's the identical behaviour from her last visit to Greece and what she's deciding to share with her thousands of followers that's odd. But her choice, obviously.
That's the thing, innit. She curates a public image which is very....dull. And gets upset when people comment on it.
And for someone who doesn't like having her picture taken (is it because she's not in control when a proper photographer takes the pic?) she sure posts a lot of pics of herself. #nofilter #ringlightforlife #strangeposetolooksmol

Reactions: 13
That's the thing, innit. She curates a public image which is very....dull. And gets upset when people comment on it.
And for someone who doesn't like having her picture taken (is it because she's not in control when a proper photographer takes the pic?) she sure posts a lot of pics of herself. #nofilter #ringlightforlife #strangeposetolooksmol
I think that control - the need to be in control - may be key. I've thought that about her stated dislike of having her picture taken versus the endless posting of selfies. And about her hair - wanting to control the pace at which it was going grey. Also about here - the one place where she can't block and mute.

Reactions: 22
She's talking about brands paying influencers for just happening to mention their products on certain platforms. No contract, oh no perish the thought.

Reactions: 3
She's talking about brands paying influencers for just happening to mention their products on certain platforms. No contract, oh no perish the thought.
That's interesting.
The Nivea perfume Sali recently mentioned in a vlog 'just for fun' is doing the rounds of the usual influencer suspects. I thought it was strange she even talked about it. Now there is no proof at all she was paid to mention it - but it did stand out like a sore thumb imo.

• Wow
Reactions: 18
Sorry, I didn't watch this... does she mean they don't get a contract for this pay to play? So how does it work exactly?

(I don't really watch videos in general and this one was exceptionally annoying with the music and the volume control etc and the not getting to the point)

Reactions: 3
She talks fast! (Shes like that IRL too, in fact more so). And the end cut out. But the term (which confused me so I Googled) seems to refer to this https://blog.assemble.tv/everything-you-need-to-know-about-the-pay-or-play-contract

And there is a contract (i paraphrased wrongly) but it's not officially "sponsorship" but a 3rd, 2nd or top tier (?) social media mention will earn the influencer specific sums of money. She is saying that brands keep approaching her with this type of proposition and how it's so common that you should take any recommendations with a pinch of salt. (Some derms are called out by people in the comments, eg teawithmd who i recently unfollowed as it was SO obvious)

Which is pretty much what we on this thread have learned from observing She Here and her ilk.

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.