Sali Hughes #5 Punched in the titters by all those lovely blue tickers

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sorry to hear that @HowardMoon

My Nan has to be reminded that her husband died on a daily basis (well, whenever she remembers that he’s gone, which probably isn’t daily). My Grandad died nearly 8 years ago. It’s the cruellest joke that her body is still going while her mind (her personality, her dignity) went years ago.
Oh no that’s awful. Lots of love to you. It’s such a cruel disease. Watching someone slip away in front of your eyes is so hard. My FIL’s medication can make him very aggressive and prone to verbally attacking his nearest and dearest too which is another thing to deal with for his wife, nurses etc.

Reactions: 3
No one here has even discussed, let alone joked, about her dad having dementia. Is she going to produce a single screenshot of a post or message or anything that backs up what she's accusing people of on here? She'll doubtless say she wouldn't "lower herself", but the truth is that there aren't any. Anyone who has read through these threads knows that there's nothing here. There's been plenty of evidence posted here now though of SH's bullying and lying.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
I’m so sorry that this happened to your dad. I’m going through the same with my granny. She keeps telling us she doesn’t want to live anymore, and to be honest I can’t blame her. Only a person who’s never experienced it or someone so callous would say that.
Hi there. Your poor granny. It’s very sad. The thing is that Sali has gone through it (or so she says, not to be callous but I’m a little suspicious of anything that comes out of her shitmouth) but still has the audacity to accuse of of these awful lies.

No one here has even discussed, let alone joked, about her dad having dementia. Is she going to produce a single screenshot of a post or message or anything that backs up what she's accusing people of on here? She'll doubtless say she wouldn't "lower herself", but the truth is that there aren't any. Anyone who has read through these threads knows that there's nothing here. There's been plenty of evidence posted here now though of SH's bullying and lying though.
Her whole dramatic response in that video and in the comments underneath it is that she has been so traumatised and unjustly singled out by demented evil Trolls that going onto Tattle to search and ss anything would cause her intense mental distress. My guess is that she’s on here religiously and is reading every word and she’s not distressed she’s pissed. Her act has not fooled me. Hi Sal 👋

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Folks, I owe you all a huge, huge apology.

It's not Sali that made the comment about her Dad having dementia, it was someone else on her Instagram feed (another influencer). I realised when I double checked the screenshot I took.

I am so sorry, especially because people have shared personal stories on here. I can't apologise enough.

I've just been wondering how the Corens, O'Dowds, and lovely Lauren Luke might be feeling if they know (Lauren if you are reading here - zoom zoom!). They have all been so dignified and kept their powder dry. And the beauty is SH brought this all upon herself. We here idly possibly mentioned those things, never ever intending to explore it much, just gossip really between ourselves. And she gets all shouty and accuses us of bullying and trolling. Not for one second reflecting on her own behaviour. And even better (no offence to people here) this had been a relatively quiet thread just ticking along with the odd query about botox or lipstick or menopause. Her column was so boring sometimes we hardly commented at all. But no. As I said before. She couldn't let it lie.

Reactions: 9

It's not Sali that made the comment about her Dad having dementia, it was someone else on her Instagram feed (another influencer). I realised when I double checked the screenshot I took.

I am so sorry, especially because people have shared personal stories on here. I can't apologise enough.
Don’t be hard on yourself. It has suited the “victims” to be vague about who said what and where and about who, in order to allow this very sort of confusion.

Reactions: 8
Thanks so much for this. I still would love a family with small humans but I may never have that. Good ole Sal has just blocked me, so I guess I’m on the right track
You are doing something right to get blocked.

I'm sorry that horrible people have made you feel that way. They don't deserve to, when you feel low and vulnerable comments about having kids can feel like a sucker punch. It's no way true that the child free don't know love, we are just as able to love and just as richly as those with kids. I don't have kids and yet my whole life is filled with love and my aim in life is to put all the love out there. However you create your family, it will be perfect.

• Heart
Reactions: 11

We all make errors *hugs*

Reactions: 7
Don’t be hard on yourself. It has suited the “victims” to be vague about who said what and where and about who, in order to allow this very sort of confusion.
Thank you. All the same I'm genuinely sorry because I know it's an emotional subject for a lot of folk. I put 2 and 2 together and made 5.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
You are doing something right to get blocked.

I'm sorry that horrible people have made you feel that way. They don't deserve to, when you feel low and vulnerable comments about having kids can feel like a sucker punch. It's no way true that the child free don't know love, we are just as able to love and just as richly as those with kids. I don't have kids and yet my whole life is filled with love and my aim in life is to put all the love out there. However you create your family, it will be perfect.
Me too. I'm so sorry you are made to feel that way. We're child free kind of by choice, but it's still not easy, the implied "you're less then me" comments. Coming into Xmas, it gets truly glorious, really shows true personalities.

Hello everyone - deluded turds included! Thanks for the new thread.

I’m sorry to all those who are dealing with the heartbreak of family with dementia and of fertility issues and of anything else for that matter! To make something like that up (the father dementia jokes) suggests SH is a bit more damaged than I imagined. It’s a real reach and it’s deeply unfair.

I have a theory about the whole thing! I have sensed the tide turning re. SH for a while. Friends I’ve spoken with have rolled their eyes and there have been a good few critical comments in the guardian piece each week and it began to need stringent modding.

This may have caused some people to send her rude messages, but I really have no idea. I have never contacted her directly, I have only ever left (one or two) relevant comments on her public social media and I’ve always been very gentle and polite as I believe that’s the only way to make a point.

I think she’s CONFLATED the two things and blames her less enthusiastic audience on Tattle rather than looking to herself to see why her formula has started to wear thin and why a tattle thread even started in the first place.

The magic mix is ban free conversation on your SM, be rude to the very followers who pay your bills, tell lies, be a bully and act evasive about brand relationships. But I really think the main one is being rude. She sometimes says she doesn’t have to reply to comments and she’s really busy and does it for free, and other variations on that theme. But the more comments she gets, the more she can monetise her account if she needs to. Her followers are literally scattering valuable currency into her feed and she’s like oooooo Thank Me! And excuse you!

When I read the comments below her IG vid I feel absolutely disgusted with myself for ever posting here. Then I go away and think about it and wonder what the options are. Obviously voting with my follows is one clear answer. But what about the people who don’t have time to look into the reality behind the people who populate our screens? Is that fine for them to just have half the info? And what is the future if it just goes unchecked? It doesn’t look healthy, especially if influencers are this ruthless and literally lie to gain support and everyone trots out the exact same lines by rote: poor sali, anyone who criticises you must not have a life! They must be losers! Goblins! Evil! Poos! Wees! If you disagree then you’re a miserable and nasty cow!

It’s like living in a dystopian world written by Margaret Atwood. That image on SH grid of her grinning and holding the Handmaids Tale sequel is extremely uncomfortable 😂.

It isn’t sensible for a handful of people who lets face it, must be narcissistic (at least a little smidge, at least a weak dilute of narcissism running through their veins) to have such a gigantic platform. Obviously they are doing what is best for themselves. What are the chances that’s also what’s best for lots of other people? I almost feel I have a responsibility to push back against it.

Here are some of the signs which suggest the SH situation is unhealthy:

Censored debate (even mumsnet ffs)
Lies
Same handful of media spokespeople
Edited history (deleted tweets and false claims)
Emotive language and manipulative use of distress
Calculated burying of the lead (ie releasing video to overshadow EL stories)

These things are as old as time but if social media has given us something good, it’s the opportunity to get educated, be critical and push the issue of transparency. I’m not talking about bullying anyone, I’m just talking about quietly demanding certain standards for the media we consume. And until I know how to do that in an effective way, I will talk to all of you about it, and that’s my right.

I am so grateful there is a group of people who have the same perspective as me. I know I’ve gone on a bit too long now!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 56

Don't be too hard on yourself. 😘
And lots of love to anyone with a relative with dementia. It's a horrible illness, the person is still there but not anymore at the same time, it's so infuriating.

And re not knowing love if you don't have kids is the biggest pile of rubbish I've ever heard. What she may have been trying to say it's that there's no stronger love than a mum's for their child, but even that is a flawed argument. I work with Social Services every now and again and some mothers most definitely do not love their children.

Last edited:

Don’t worry about it one bit! I think we all here have our heads spinning the last few days 😂

Reactions: 4
Hello everyone - deluded turds included! Thanks for the new thread.

I’m sorry to all those who are dealing with the heartbreak of family with dementia and of fertility issues and of anything else for that matter! To make something like that up (the father dementia jokes) suggests SH is a bit more damaged than I imagined. It’s a real reach and it’s deeply unfair.

I have a theory about the whole thing! I have sensed the tide turning re. SH for a while. Friends I’ve spoken with have rolled their eyes and there have been a good few critical comments in the guardian piece each week and it began to need stringent modding.

This may have caused some people to send her rude messages, but I really have no idea. I have never contacted her directly, I have only ever left (one or two) relevant comments on her public social media and I’ve always been very gentle and polite as I believe that’s the only way to make a point.

I think she’s CONFLATED the two things and blames her less enthusiastic audience on Tattle rather than looking to herself to see why her formula has started to wear thin and why a tattle thread even started in the first place.

The magic mix is ban free conversation on your SM, be rude to the very followers who pay your bills, tell lies, be a bully and act evasive about brand relationships. But I really think the main one is being rude. She sometimes says she doesn’t have to reply to comments and she’s really busy and does it for free, and other variations on that theme. But the more comments she gets, the more she can monetise her account if she needs to. Her followers are literally scattering valuable currency into her feed and she’s like oooooo Thank Me! And excuse you!

When I read the comments below her IG vid I feel absolutely disgusted with myself for ever posting here. Then I go away and think about it and wonder what the options are. Obviously voting with my follows is one clear answer. But what about the people who don’t have time to look into the reality behind the people who populate our screens? Is that fine for them to just have half the info? And what is the future if it just goes unchecked? It doesn’t look healthy, especially if influencers are this ruthless and literally lie to gain support and everyone trots out the exact same lines by rote: poor sali, anyone who criticises you must not have a life! They must be losers! Goblins! Evil! Poos! Wees! If you disagree then you’re a miserable and nasty cow!

It’s like living in a dystopian world written by Margaret Atwood. That image on SH grid of her grinning and holding the Handmaids Tale sequel is extremely uncomfortable 😂.

It isn’t sensible for a handful of people who lets face it, must be narcissistic (at least a little smidge, at least a weak dilute of narcissism running through their veins) to have such a gigantic platform. Obviously they are doing what is best for themselves. What are the chances that’s also what’s best for lots of other people? I almost feel I have a responsibility to push back against it.

Here are some of the signs which suggest the SH situation is unhealthy:

Censored debate (even mumsnet ffs)
Lies
Same handful of media spokespeople
Edited history (deleted tweets and false claims)
Emotive language and manipulative use of distress
Calculated burying of the lead (ie releasing video to overshadow EL stories)

These things are as old as time but if social media has given us something good, it’s the opportunity to get educated, be critical and push the issue of transparency. I’m not talking about bullying anyone, I’m just talking about quietly demanding certain standards for the media we consume. And until I know how to do that in an effective way, I will talk to all of you about it, and that’s my right.

I am so grateful there is a group of people who have the same perspective as me. I know I’ve gone on a bit too long now!!!
A fantastic post. Thank you.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.