Sali Hughes #5 Punched in the titters by all those lovely blue tickers

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thank you HarryPotterFan as well. It clearly doesn’t come from a secure place, and as a person who would love to have children but fertility is holding me back, I resent it so much. I’m already being told that I “don’t know love until I have children” and it’s honestly breaking me down. IK has some serious issues.
Sending you a hug. Please don’t let that vile snot rag trigger you, she’s a twit x

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Does anyone know why Lauren Laverne got sucked into Sali’s Vortex of Vile? She seems far too nice 😓
I think LL is pretty ruthless on the quiet.

I don’t think it’s possible to be as successful (some might say overexposed) as she is without a ruthless streak.

As yes, when The Pool crashed and burned after her exit (obviously she knew it was on a downward spiral and bailed when she could) her brief, emotionless statement was quite telling I think. It basically said “Nothing to do with me, I left last year” 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 14
I sacked off IK’s writing when she did that hideous book including such belters as childfree people should just suck it up if they get divorced because it’s not that bad, childfree people talk about their parents too much and then those profiles of women by the way they dress (remember Hampstead Woman?) I remember at the time on SHB some people said it was a bit off and they got shut down immediately cos it was Sali’s friend.

Also, in case anyone is worried at the prospect of EJ turning up at their front door, I used to work at Parliament at the same time EJ and no one was scared of him. I think most people felt sorry for him. “EJ is pissed in Sports & Social again”

Great thread title btw!
Hampstead Woman *spits*

Reactions: 1
This attitude gives me RAGE! Apparently as I am childless I cannot know true love, feel truly scared or proper happy. duck that tit. I feel like I won the lottery at 11am every Xmas morning, when I don’t have to deal with irritable kids who have been up since 4am. I get that kids are wonderful, but I’m no less of a person or a Woman because I don’t have one.
Same, and I don't want kids. IK sounds like a bitter wench.

Reactions: 8
I think LL is pretty ruthless on the quiet.

I don’t think it’s possible to be as successful (some might say overexposed) as she is without a ruthless streak.

As yes, when The Pool crashed and burned after her exit (obviously she knew it was on a downward spiral and bailed when she could) her brief, emotionless statement was quite telling I think. It basically said “Nothing to do with me, I left last year” 🤷‍♀️
Thanks to this poster and the other who answered. I have got so many scales fallen off me today I’m going to have to get the bloody hoover out. And I HATE doing that.

In answer to the other poster (apologies, first day posting) who said why are otherwise intelligent people sucked in I think in discussion with my friends who’ve followed SH we all took it reasonably at face value and probably just didn’t pay her personal life a great deal of attention - she was just a go to for a beauty recommendation. By being such a drama queen she’s managed to alienate those of us who probably liked her but weren’t ‘devoted’and made herself and her ‘coven’ (Yuck) look like a giant circus of malingering donuts of mean. Which is probably 80% of her fan base / readership.

Reactions: 18
So the self promoting twit made his Twitter private. The plot thickens...
*evil cackle*

ETA: thanks for the thread @Yel and what a great title Jellybean!

Reactions: 5
Thank you HarryPotterFan as well. It clearly doesn’t come from a secure place, and as a person who would love to have children but fertility is holding me back, I resent it so much. I’m already being told that I “don’t know love until I have children” and it’s honestly breaking me down. IK has some serious issues.
I was childFREE for years for various reasons. Not once I felt that I didn’t know love or affection. I had family, friends and duck me, I was adored (and adored) by partners. Is it a different love, sure! I love my cat differently and I’d be willing to risk my life to save my cat’s arse from a burning house. Over the years, I had heard all the insults. IK lame writing is laughable, I’d be upset if I got insulted by the likes of Nora Efron (rip) or The RBG but from IK? 🤣 . Let’s be honest if IK didn’t have the connections to start that car crush of a career, she’d be nothing but frustrated failed divorcee. And funnily enough, I’m far richer and thinner and able to retire at 40 so.... nah! I’m not a jealous Harpie.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Oh my god! Rude! It’s because I posted a comment to say has anyone sympathising with her on there actually read the comments here as they are in the main written by people who have enjoyed her work for a long time. I was very polite!

But yes I’ve felt for a long time she is just rude and arrogant in the way she replies to people and have frequently rolled my eyes at the virtue signalling and bullshit life stories. Glad to have found that so many people feel exactly the same!

• Haha
Reactions: 25
It's definitely still there, I went to have a look.

I had another look thorough the comments and saw something about her Dad having dementia, which is an awful illness and I know causes a lot of distress - I've had friends that dealt with this.

What concerned me is she said people had been horrible about it on here, but honestly I haven't seen anything about that - have I missed it?

• Sick
Reactions: 9
That’s nonsense. Truly. Don’t let people tell you that, it’s so cruel. Wishing you every happiness. Xx

I had another look thorough the comments and saw something about her Dad having dementia, which is an awful illness and I know causes a lot of distress - I've had friends that dealt with this.

What concerned me is she said people had been horrible about it on here, but honestly I haven't seen anything about that - have I missed it?
Nope. It’s yet another manipulative lie. Chuck it on the pile.

She seems to be in the habit of accusing others of things she herself has done, so perhaps has become confused with a time when she was nasty to someone about their parent’s illness? So easily done! :unsure:

Sali’s dad has/had dementia? Literally have no recollection of that coming up in these threads, let alone someone being horrible about it. And I’d remember if someone did, believe me.

Reactions: 12
She seems to be in the habit of accusing others of things she herself has done, so perhaps has become confused with a time when she was nasty to someone about their parent’s illness? So easily done! :unsure:
I’ve read all these threads and had no idea her dad had dementia. Even if I did there is no way in hell I’d laugh about it!! My FIL has dementia along with colon cancer and it’s currently making our all our lives as a family so sad and stressful, love him.

Sali, it seems, will say and do anything to shed a better light on herself and it’s really troubling

Sali’s dad has/had dementia? Literally have no recollection of that coming up in these threads, let alone someone being horrible about it. And I’d remember if someone did, believe me.
SNAP!!!!!

• Sad
Reactions: 13

No you didn't. Not once people spoke about her dad, her kids, her mum unless it was mentioning facts that Sally herself said so. No one here spoke ill of her family other than making fun of the fact that Sally herself said what a great shag her husband was. Of course she's going to say that it's all been deleted or edited but the mods made it clear further up the thread that nothing has been deleted by them.

ETA: My nan suffered with dementia for ten bleeping years, I'd never laugh about that because I'm not a psychopath.

Reactions: 18

Yep, another lie. FFS.

Reactions: 2
Well, I have to thanks Sali for alerting me to the existence of this forum. I've learned SO much. :)

Not sure that was her intention, mind.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.