Sali Hughes #45 Old School Influencer - Shades of slurry and Weetabix

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
On a few acne forums I've been on over the years some people with scarring would paint on freckles because freckles are considered cute while visible scarring is considered dirty or ugly. I've not been tempted, despite having awful acne scarring, but mainly because I've got a dark skin tone so it wouldn't really work on me but it worked quite well on those with lighter skin tones and reddened scars iirc.

Reactions: 7
Our beloved Lisa did a tutorial about sunkissed, natural no make up make up a few months ago - freckles featured there too

Reactions: 8
It looks good with a tan... try it! OMG am I defending Sali? Will tattle delete my post? I'm all confused now. Not actually read the article, maybe I should.
A tan? But I'm the palest creature to ever walk the land, well apart from Sali of course 😛

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Will Sali and Dan do a 'my boyfriend did my makeup' vlog for her younger audience? With hilarious consequences?
Or is that just YT.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Fake freckles piece for Guardian readers?!..hey Sali, READ THE ROOM! 😏

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Amy Winehouse was drawing freckles on years ago 💅🏻

I allllmost feel sorry for Sali just now, her being like an influencer is such a square peg in a round hole situation.

Reactions: 9
Amy Winehouse was drawing freckles on years ago 💅🏻

I allllmost feel sorry for Sali just now, her being like an influencer is such a square peg in a round hole situation.
I almost feel sorry for Sali at times, then I remember Sali's bullying of Dawn O'Porter...and don't feel sorry for Sali at all.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I almost feel sorry for Sali at times, then I remember Sali's bullying of Dawn O'Porter...and don't feel sorry for Sali at all.
Sali’s a nasty piece of work.

I know what you mean though, one tries to be compassionate and have empathy then you slap yourself with a wet fish when you remember what a bullying, sneering brittle superior twit she is.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 25
I always enjoy the cast of imaginary friends that Wali uses to prop up posts and columns.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Sometimes I think everyone is as bad as each other. I felt sorry for Dawn for being bullied by Sali but Sali says they’re all good now and then I see that Dawn is allegedly accused of bullying by a girl who says she’s a character in the book that Dawn wrote about bullying. And then I felt bad about Esther who was piled on by Sali for writing a tongue in cheek article about makeup (but Sali says they’re all good now too!) but Esther is married to Giles Coren, and well… But I don’t want to blame a woman for her partner’s behaviour. But then I mean there’s Sali’s friend India Knight and cat flap Eric , and then, well… I mean I might as well go and paint on a few freckles. But can I be a scientist who paints on freckles too? It’s all so confusing? Lemme know.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 47
I’ve just read the Guardian freckle article and I’m surprised to see her suggesting Chanel’s water tint. She sniffed and tutted about it during an IG live ( ages ago) saying it was only any good ‘if you were about 12 with flawless skin’.

I remember because I had it already ( not 12 or with flawless skin I should add).

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
She absolutely is a nasty piece of work. And no amount of charity work can change that.

I’ve just read the Guardian freckle article and I’m surprised to see her suggesting Chanel’s water tint. She sniffed and tutted about it during an IG live ( ages ago) saying it was only any good ‘if you were about 12 with flawless skin’.

I remember because I had it already ( not 12 or with flawless skin I should add).
The Chanel water tint is used by Mary Greenwell (her Insta make-up videos during lockdown were ace) and I bought it as a result, with my FeelUnique fave brand discount. It's really excellent! I never wear foundation or tinted moisturizer but wanted to even out my skin tone a little and it does just that with a natural finish.

Is Chanel money coming herway? Who knows? Sali would recommend using Anusol as a face crème if she was paid to do so.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 29
She absolutely is a nasty piece of work. And no amount of charity work can change that.

The Chanel water tint is used by Mary Greenwell (her Insta make-up videos during lockdown were ace) and I bought it as a result, with my FeelUnique fave brand discount. It's really excellent! I never wear foundation or tinted moisturizer but wanted to even out my skin tone a little and it does just that with a natural finish.

Is Chanel money coming herway? Who knows? Sali would recommend using Anusol as a face crème if she was paid to do so.
Don't ya mean crem hun, lemme know x

• Haha
Reactions: 20
What a deep, original thinker she is.
Right, if I understand this correctly, you can love a red lip *and* be clever. Clever with lippy on. Or maybe even with eyeliner on. Read a book with my nails painted. Am I still clever? My red lips do not stop me from being clever?
duck... I'm going to have to let that digest for a while, I don't know if I can get my head around this concept. I will try my hardest. My brain bleeping hurts.

She blows my mind.

Attachments

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 22
She's many things but clever isn't one of them.
Exactly. Original is another, freckles??

Love how she had tried to build up her foundation video, most have been out for months, been reviewed to death and everyone considering a purchase has already done it. She never manages to be ahead of the game, ever.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.