Sali Hughes #45 Old School Influencer - Shades of slurry and Weetabix

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Of course her working life is too busy to show you foundation that she’s testing for work without putting blusher over the top because she has to have a full face of make up on before the ads for face crem. Duh! 🤦‍♀️

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
SHE'S SUPER BUSY OK?!
This seems a bit rude to Sali - but what is she exactly super busy doing? One scanty column a week, Soho Radio occasionally, going to London a lot (no idea why apart from hair upkeep).

And good luck to anyone who got through the foundation video. The repeating herself constantly, saying exactly the same thing slightly differently in ten ways, and emphasising 'well it isn't for me but....'

Yeah I've seen Hogie say 'lovely lipstick, what shade is it'
Adrian Hershesesonsons has made similar comments. Hilarious 🙄 You just know they have a good laugh and mock followers.

• Wow
Reactions: 21
Ooh, shade…

Many will like Lisa’s pretty packaging but Sali’s above it all.
Am I missing something? Somebody here with the Lisa foundation can probably help - but why is it harder to get the dregs out of an oval bottle than rectangular one?

Reactions: 10
Am I missing something? Somebody here with the Lisa foundation can probably help - but why is it harder to get the dregs out of an oval bottle than rectangular one?
You can't turn Lisa's foundation bottle upside down on its cap, you'd have to stand it in a glass? But that wouldn't help with a pump bottle anyway. So ... ?!

Long time lurker here! Idk what SH had to say about it, but LE's foundation is gorgeous and the bottle and overall packaging are a work of art.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
And if she's constantly chucking them into bags why does she frequently have to go into Boots/ Superdrug/ the body shop to buy things she has forgotten to bring.

I still find the concept of carrying foundation, powder, etc around in a handbag amusing. For me those things get applied once in the morning

Also, the thoughts of a foundation or compact breaking in my bag freaks me out. But she doesn't appreciate the value of things when so much is 'kindly gifted'

• Haha
Reactions: 30
And if she's constantly chucking them into bags why does she frequently have to go into Boots/ Superdrug/ the body shop to buy things she has forgotten to bring.

I still find the concept of carrying foundation, powder, etc around in a handbag amusing. For me those things get applied once in the morning
I was thinking the same thing earlier . I apply make up before work and leave it all at home . I wouldn’t reapply even if I going out straight from work, not that I’ve done that in ages.

Reactions: 21
Hello beefies, I’ve been scrolling the advice section to find a thread. Have any of you come across a Consumers Right one? I’m raging atm. As well as our dear Wali, the con merchant, people really don’t give a tit as long as it lines their pockets. I’m quite disgusted by “brands/businesses” treatment of people right now.

Reactions: 4
Christ, she’s in a foul mood this morning. It must be fun chez Hughes 😬

View attachment 1059154

She’s taken a few deep breaths and rethought her face palm though:

View attachment 1059159
...after reading here! 🤭

Seriously, PK is coming off as a right weirdo.
PK was never the sharpest chisel in the toolbox. 🤭

I was thinking the same thing earlier . I apply make up before work and leave it all at home . I wouldn’t reapply even if I going out straight from work, not that I’ve done that in ages.
Ooh, I like to re-apply cream crème blusher throughout the day. I may not be there yet...but at 47, the pink flush of youth has already deserted my face 😥

What boils my piss is Sali using her Guardian column to plug companies she has direct commercial links with. Where is the subjectivity? the integrity? the professionalism?

The Guardian is no longer employing a beauty journalist as she once was, they are paying an influencer as the face of their beauty section. I find it surprising that links haven't been severed and I no longer buy the Guardian for that very reason.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 24
Seriously, PK is coming off as a right weirdo.
I feel a bit sorry for her tbh. She’s really not SH and her cool girl gang’s type and a bet there have been a few giggles at her attempts to be friends.

• Sad
Reactions: 10
Trust Sal to pop up just in time to give it the cheugy kiss of death.

Straight off the Caroline Hirons thread 🤭 IYKYK
The guy who popped up on the freaks page asking about bleaching his anus and how Hirons said this is technically skincare? Or am I misremembering 😅

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.