Sali Hughes #45 Old School Influencer - Shades of slurry and Weetabix

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I love that there’s a core group of us loving Astral. An extra tip: add a few drops of a face oil to supercharge it when your skin needs it. Excellent night cream mix!

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
What a deep, original thinker she is.
Right, if I understand this correctly, you can love a red lip *and* be clever. Clever with lippy on. Or maybe even with eyeliner on. Read a book with my nails painted. Am I still clever? My red lips do not stop me from being clever?
duck... I'm going to have to let that digest for a while, I don't know if I can get my head around this concept. I will try my hardest. My brain bleeping hurts.

She blows my mind.
She does this. Puts forward an argument that literally nobody ever disagrees with anyway. I have never ever heard anyone say a woman is thick or frivolous for wearing makeup. Apart from Sali. Or the Taliban.
'They said I was like the Taliban'.
Mind you she has said women who don't want to go out sans slap are mentally ill so 🤷‍♀️

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 35
Love how she had tried to build up her foundation video, most have been out for months, been reviewed to death and everyone considering a purchase has already done it. She never manages to be ahead of the game, ever.
She did the same over her retinols video, such a lead up, promising it “this weekend, hopefully” but not delivering. You’d think she’s producing a major motion picture. Odd. But then the world of an Expert Content Creator is a closed book to me. Talking of books… 🤔

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
'Unfortunately my life isn't set up for lab conditions in that way'. Jeez Sali, what she's asking for is hardly unreasonable. If you're too busy to do it properly why bother?

Also, she just face palmed a commenter. Lovely

Attachments

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 32
'Unfortunately my life isn't set up for lab conditions in that way'. Jeez Sali, what she's asking for is hardly unreasonable. If you're too busy to do it properly why bother?

Also, she just face palmed a commenter. Lovely
duck sake.

She seems to forget that she needs her followers far more than they need her. She's in a saturated market, so you'd think she'd be even slightly pleasant.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
I just don't understand how on one hand she has the talent agency writing posts for her (the lemme have your recommendations! follow friday style post) in an effort to drum up more followers and engagement but on the other hand she's rude and snippy to actual people who are engaging with her.

The foundation thing is very valid feedback. Isn't that usually how foundation reviews are done instead of this lazy chatting tit on IGTV?

And as for face palming a commenter, can you imagine doing that to a client or customer? Absolutely no chance

duck sake.

She seems to forget that she needs her followers far more than they need her. She's in a saturated market, so you'd think she'd be even slightly pleasant.
Exactly, her talent agency know this too, hence the follow Friday post. Her 'niche' is becoming outdated too. Her niche was that she was the 'thinking woman's beauty expert' (or something equally nauseating) but this is old hat now. No one needs to read articles on the power of a red lip or how you can love 'lipstick, literature and liberalism'. It's been done to death

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Exactly - and imagine, Sali, not everyone wants to watch through every second of every video of you eye bleeping yourself in the hope you might mention the foundation they are looking for. It’s standard to go “oh does this vid cover xyz” if it doesn’t, why would you watch? Are we so time rich 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 20
It's only Sali who has a busy working life!

The funny thing is, when she goes on about how busy her working life is, it's almost certainly to someone who is actually properly busy

• Sad
Reactions: 18
Sali really is an unpleasant twit.

No matter how she pretends with her ‘hey’, ‘hiya’ and that fake pretend chumminess in her videos the minute she has to write something , the true personality of Sali is instantly visible.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Exactly - and imagine, Sali, not everyone wants to watch through every second of every video of you eye bleeping yourself in the hope you might mention the foundation they are looking for. It’s standard to go “oh does this vid cover xyz” if it doesn’t, why would you watch? Are we so time rich 😂
To be fair to Sali, she always lists the products she is reviewing. I'd always glance at the information box. Far quicker than asking the reviewer and waiting for them to answer.

Reactions: 9
To be fair to Sali, she always lists the products she is reviewing. I'd always glance at the information box. Far quicker than asking the reviewer and waiting for them to answer.
If you can’t handle dumb questions politely then influencing probably isn’t the right role. (I hesitate to call it a job.)

Reactions: 22
There's a few of Sali's chums who always think it is hilarious to say 'so Sali what foundation are you wearing 🤭'.
Taking the piss out of commenters.

• Sick
  • Sad
Reactions: 17
Christ, she’s in a foul mood this morning. It must be fun chez Hughes 😬

C901871B-A923-463A-A9D2-97EA762102CC.jpeg

She’s taken a few deep breaths and rethought her face palm though:

AEC60111-770E-4840-8EBB-19A3D4290E98.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 27
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.