Sali Hughes #45 Old School Influencer - Shades of slurry and Weetabix

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I was suspicious she was buying followers the way her count suddenly jumped, but I couldn't actually believe she would do it. So many obvious new bots in her follower count though 🤷‍♀️ - they don't even have a profile picture or any posts. Urgh. So disappointing.

Who the duck paints fake freckles on?
I do in the summer :ROFLMAO: I've got quite dark, olive skin and wet an eyeliner brush, dab it in bronzer and tap a few on my face when I'm doing my make up. What a strange article.

Reactions: 9
Who the duck paints fake freckles on?
My 15 year old daughter did. Occasionally. Last year. She sort of spattered them on with a brush using a brown eyeshadow. Think it was a very short lived phase. Never noticed Wali doing it. Column seems to be do as I sell not as I do.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I’ve seen it all over beauty SM, looks cute. Katie Jane Hughes is the master.

I really can’t imagine SH actually doing this.

Reactions: 6
Sam Chapman was dotting on fake freckles on her channels years ago but that this is a column worthy article in the Guardian beggars belief .

She Here passed her sell by date decades ago, give it up love and just embrace the influencer culture you’ve fallen in love with .

Reactions: 21
To think the person who created a career around the claim “Pretty Honest” is now buying thousands of Insta followers. Well! *hoiks bosoms etc*

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
Imagine the conversations that arose around 'lemme have your recommendations!'

Sal, we need a more breezy tone. I know, let's mash up let and me, the gen zers will love that. And exclamation marks. Don't forget the exclamation marks

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 15
Sali once wrote that you must put on your best face out of respect for others, you owe it to others so that others won't be offended to see your ugly bare face (paraphrasing).
Now, I like my crèmes and eyeliner as much as the next person, but that statement (I'll see if I can dig it out later...) did not and does not sit well with me at all. That's patriarchy, quite simply. Be ready for the male gaze with a red lip on 👄.
Which is pretty much what Esther Walker was saying in the piece that Sali ripped into her for.

Attachments

• Wow
Reactions: 8
a girlfriend of mine is covered completely in freckles and it’s as though she wakes up each morning in a perfect face of foundation

Er, what?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 30
Imagine the joy on Wali’s face as she ‘engages’ with all the #sharethelove recommendations she has asked for 😂😂 (well, a select few).

• Haha
Reactions: 12
a girlfriend of mine is covered completely in freckles and it’s as though she wakes up each morning in a perfect face of foundation

Er, what?
well, Sali has a rather peculiar idea of what a perfect face of foundation looks like. The fairest shade of orange in the land.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Funnily enough I've just seen a raging debate on twitter about freckles. So quite zeitgeisty for Wali.
One poster, with freckles, accused another (who had fake freckles) of doing the equivalent of blackface ie copying something for fashion that had been nothing but grief for her in her youth.
It got heated as you can imagine.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
What would happen if you were wearing fake freckles and got caught in the rain? Isn't the point of makeup to enhance features you already have, like make your eyelashes more defined or whatever, rather than drawing on fake features?

Reactions: 10
Sam Chapman was dotting on fake freckles on her channels years ago but that this is a column worthy article in the Guardian beggars belief .

She Here passed her sell by date decades ago, give it up love and just embrace the influencer culture you’ve fallen in love with .
Hannah Martin did a tutorial on it years ago too when she was still with Bobbi Brown. It was useful for anyone who fancies freckle-ing up this summer!

But Sali probably invented freckles, who am I to judge 🤷‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 13
It's something that I remember seeing in 90s magazines from time to time. I just never thought it was a thing people did in real life

Reactions: 11
It's something that I remember seeing in 90s magazines from time to time. I just never thought it was a thing people did in real life
It looks good with a tan... try it! OMG am I defending Sali? Will tattle delete my post? I'm all confused now. Not actually read the article, maybe I should.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.