Sali Hughes #45 Old School Influencer - Shades of slurry and Weetabix

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I bet they are. Is there a way to find out?

There's no doubt now she's pulled out all the stops on her path to being a full-time influencer. Bon appetit
They usually broker it behind the scenes and set up a whatsapp

Reactions: 6
What an utter prick she is…

View attachment 1052713

What possible reason to post, unless she wants a few ‘Noooo!! You’re so tiny!!’ messages? Who would even consider white jeans in February anyway? She’s so contrived and needy.
Behold. A “feminist”. Choosing to not wear an item of clothing because her thighs may look slightly bigger in it… instead of just wearing what the hell she wants to wear.
You’re a disgrace to womanhood, Wali.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
how grim is that?

her influencer management company have likely advised her that if she is purchasing followers she needs to try and boost engagement so it doesn’t look so obvious. Her way to boost engagement is this obvious - whip smart our Sal
because she just lurrrrrves advice 😆😆
I think we can imagine the replies people would get if they tried to tell her to follow on a normal day

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I'm sure she's said that she doesn't think banning anonymous accounts is the answer and would prefer sites to be legally responsible for their content in the way newspapers are. Can't remember where she's said it though.
Ah OK - she must've said that as well. On the Liz Earle podcast LE was saying how there should not be anonymity and Sali agreed with her. (This was when she then went on to say she had a list of 20 names 'most of them in regulated jobs', one of whom 'worked for an adoption agency'. Which sort of entirely disproved her theory that posters here are thick with no lives).

That instagram engagement thing she/her management are doing is crazy. So obvious and cynical. I read somewhere recently by a SM observer it is suspicious if one platform suddenly is growing hugely for an influencer and others aren't. Eg on Sali's social blade her IG numbers are growing by about 1200 per day - especially around a big push to get her to 200k. But twitter is miniscule - average 6 a day. Recently she lost about 30 in a day. Obviously not a hard and fast rule, but interesting.

• Wow
Reactions: 16
Latest grid post. Isn't this a good way to get more followers for yourself?View attachment 1056045
I don’t even follow Sali closely and this post was SO jarring to me. So clearly written by someone else.

I always wonder why influencers do that. When they were all posting about The Gilded Age, their tone and copy was exactly the same - just copied and pasted info from an agency brief. Why not rewrite it in your own voice? It’s not hard to pluck key info from a brief and use that to craft your own copy. I know the success of influencers is largely based on luck and looks, but I am still surprised how many of them are so tit at writing.

Reactions: 18
Behold. A “feminist”. Choosing to not wear an item of clothing because her thighs may look slightly bigger in it… instead of just wearing what the hell she wants to wear.
You’re a disgrace to womanhood, Wali.
You are so right.
I think the post with the white jeans is so puerile and attention-seeking, and reveals her insecurity and need for others' validation. Her entourage ought to tell her to step away from Instagram for a couple of weeks and get some perspective.

Sali once wrote that you must put on your best face out of respect for others, you owe it to others so that others won't be offended to see your ugly bare face (paraphrasing).
Now, I like my crèmes and eyeliner as much as the next person, but that statement (I'll see if I can dig it out later...) did not and does not sit well with me at all. That's patriarchy, quite simply. Be ready for the male gaze with a red lip on 👄.[/QUOTE]

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 19
It’s very jarring. Makes me think she’s preparing to shill something quite off-brand.

• Wow
Reactions: 11
So bleeping embarrassing, to see her copying the style of [checks notes]… Lily Pebbles?

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Aargh, argh, argh.

What is wrong with her, seriously?

“That said, women with freckles will simultaneously have other skin concerns and may crave coverage, but I’d urge them not to throw the baby out with the bathwater”

“this mimics the naturally varied shade density of real melanin dots”

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.