Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

zcfthc5

Chatty Member
Yes. I've tried both Dermatica and Skin+Me. For me, it's just a - not too expensive - way to get a regular supply of Tretinoin. I'm not sure if the two other ingredients they add are doing anything. I didn't have any particular skin issues before starting so wasn't looking for any particular improvement. Just for maintenance I suppose.

Given the proven effects of Tretinoin on skin quality I would recommend it above any OTC product, although I think some of the new retinol formulations (such as by Medik8) might be good too.
Did you have any preference between the two?

Reactions: 3

nolite

Chatty Member
The shade suggestion (based on my current foundation) for me is also VERY dark. As in: I look nothing like the model.
I ordered 2 sample cards (light/medium 1 and 2) and the shades were a bit too light for me.

But then I only use a tiny amount of foundation (each sample lasted several days) so it probably doesn't matter.

I've got the elevated glow highlighter (cosmic rose) and really like it - the bottle is massive, don't think I'll ever be able to finish it. I use it as eyeshadow, too.
I didn't do the online matching but one of my friends did. She would be super pale also and was getting suggestions for ridiculously dark shades.....she ignored and now has 5 also 🤣 So I'd say that functionality might need to be recalibrated 🤣But the actual card samples are good.

HotesTilaire

VIP Member
I can think of an obvious candidate but I won’t say. This person can either provide receipts or stay with a ? Over their story.

• Wow

Mselvista

VIP Member
I simply said that I was sad if none of the adults in her life tried to stop her based on the way she tells it. As you say we don't know the ins and outs of it but based on what she has said it's sad. Agree that this is none of our business but you could argue the same thing about everything else she puts out in the public domain. She said we spoke about her marriage (maintenance shag), her divorce (again, she has spoken about that too), and so on and so forth. If it's not up for public comment then perhaps it is something that should not be brought up or casually dropped into many conversations. Again, these are the stories she has put into the public domain.

I think mostly people are sad that this culture existed and Leaving the whole relationship out of the equation it is hard to argue that Sali hasn't glorified the teenage tearaway thing.
Perhaps my choice of the word glamorize was poor, and I wholeheartedly respect our right to disagree with one another, however to suggest that ANY poster truly thinks this based on what anyone has said is frankly, preposterous.
I agree that no one here thinks either of those things, that's why I haven't suggested anyone does. As I said, I meant that is the logical endpoint to the some of the thinking I think is displayed in some comments.

Filouette

Chatty Member
She meant Victoria's mum. Victoria's last name has been Beckham since 1999. Using her maiden name would've been even less decipherable

Badabing101

VIP Member
It can’t be illegal, not in the UK anyway. I don’t think anybody has copyright over their own image.
Don’t Instagram actually own the images if you’ve posted them on there? In the same way that photographers generally own the rights unless agreed otherwise…

Valiofthedolls

VIP Member
I have boy brow, but I need it in black because my brows are so dark. I actually prefer to use the Superdrug collection clear mascara - it's so cheap and I don't find that it makes your brows crispy at all, plus you only need a little bit to keep them in place all day. Keep meaning to panic buy a few incase they ever get discontinued 🤣
It’s a wise idea! I recommended that same product earlier in the thread. I’m in the position now (not been back to the UK since pre-pandemic, not sure when I’ll get there) that I’ve run out. Given that we’re still masked here, my unruly brows are the only thing that shows. Panic buy with impunity! 😂

• Haha

Mselvista

VIP Member
Any feminists surely should not be making *any* demands of abuse survivors in relation to their own abuse?

Nonhater

It was the foundation and Cinnabar which propelled me there! I didn't buy Cinnabar online as I thought it would be too dark and brown. By the time I saw people's photos of it and decided I "needed" it after all, it was sold out. It's actually great for me, it's what I'd hoped Dragon would be. I bought the Cinnabar pencil too to try and tone down the Dragon I bought a while back, which is disastrously too bright and orangey for me (and v unflattering to the natural tone of my teeth 😬)

Poor Sally, even her thread (cf My Charity) gets hijacked by Lisa chat!
😄 Didn’t SH recently go on a Covent Garden shopping spree with her friend? She mentioned the Lisa Eldridge lipstick once in her “The best luxury lipsticks” article, so I thought maybe, just MAYBE she would go to the shop.

I had to try on Cinnabar first because I thought the same. I find it really hard to judge a colour online - even if it is shown on models/people. Their skin tone might be slightly different or the light.

Disillusioned

VIP Member
☕can you give us the PG Tips on this?
Can’t link to Grazia here but I just googled: grazia engineer tattle. Looks dull:

• Wow

Valiofthedolls

VIP Member
I use it and am on my 4th bottle. I'm a scuzzbucket and still use it even on unwashed hair. It's all absorbed by morning. If it helps or not is anyone's guess but I'll keep going!
Thanks! I guess I’ll stick it next to my toothbrush so I don’t forget it at night. As long as it doesn’t make my hair actively fall out it’s worth a punt at this stage! I’ll report back

melfish

VIP Member
It was (pasted from my notes!) spironolactone/Aldactone-she wanted me to take one 50mg tablet a day for the first week then up it to two. I’m perimenopausal and it’s -hair/receding- been gradually getting worse over the past couple of years. I understand the rationale behind taking it but I’m not quite ready to commit to such a “serious” medication-probably for the long term. There are some (a few!) peer-reviewed studies out there about its efficacy but I dunno, on balance I’m not (ironically!) there yet about taking it.

ETA happy to provide the whole shebang that she prescribed if that’s helpful-let me know!
Ah, that's a DHT blocker. Yeah, I wouldn't want to be taking that long term either. I was hoping you were going to say propranolol, which I am prescribed PRN for anxiety. I'm in surgical meno, and while I'm not noticing more hair in the shower atm, the right side of my head at the front is alarmingly thin compared to the left side. I wonder if it's to do with sleep position. (I do already use a silk pillowcase)