Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

WinterSolstice

VIP Member
The shade suggestion (based on my current foundation) for me is also VERY dark. As in: I look nothing like the model.
I ordered 2 sample cards (light/medium 1 and 2) and the shades were a bit too light for me.
I think the matcher seems a bit off. It matched Nars Mont Blanc to a 9 - don’t think so - and Finland to a 1. Looking at the models I’d have picked 2 or 5, and prob 5 as I expect 2 might be too light 🤷‍♀️

Raindropsonkittens

Chatty Member
Is it possible that a child abuse victim may have ambivalent feelings re pedophilia/abuse so they don’t have to confront the abuse they suffered? Easier to look the other way or minimise than see it for how wretched it actually is/was? If that is the case then I’m sad and sorry for anyone who has had their perspective so skewed when they were young & vulnerable. I guess it is like being hit as a child as punishment & then thinking ‘well it never did me any harm’ as you wallop your own kid to teach them a lesson.

zcfthc5

Chatty Member
I use salicylic acid just a drop when a chimney chin hair is sprouting. Makes it easy to pluck out about 24hours later.
oo interesting tip, what’s the science behind it?

getting nervous cos I’ve been borderline hirsute since 20 so dreading it getting worse with age. Threaders told me I was “the hairiest white girl”, I knew it was bad when I went to Turkey and the local barber offered to shave me. Pcos tests inconclusive, and GP said there was no point to them anyway. Has anyone tried electrolysis?

Pretzelstick

It is so good - I think I was influenced by her (sorry Sali). I wear contacts and so many wettish mascaras stick to them which drives me crazy. The Essence Princess waterproof still looks glossy and wet but stays in place. And £3.50!
(@Mselvista, I also remembered the Collection one is good, as recommended by @TheSilverFox).
I think I tried the Princess one after it was all over the media - I wasn't sure I liked it, but I can't remember - might have to try it again :) My specific requirement for a mascara is that it doesn't make lashes stick together because although mine are long and quite dark, I don't have that many of them so they need to be separated. My favourite ever one was discontinued - Rimmel Magnifeyes (I think) - best sub I found so far is Max Factor Masterpiece.

Baroo11

Where do you beef faced trolls buy your tretinoin from? I tried pharmacygeoff but they wanted payment by bank transfer. I dislike Dermatica - I just want 0.1% Tret without the other stuff