Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

HowardMoon

VIP Member
Is a ‘blonde rinse’ a thing? Isn’t it just applying bleach to go blonder? A rinse, to me would require colour to get a hint of colour on top of another 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 1

SqualorVictoria

VIP Member
Is gloating anger? Idk 🤷‍♀️
The documentary is called David Baddiel: Social Media, Anger And Us which is very specific and not just re "bad" behaviour in general.
I expect the pizzagate shooting, QANON and us saying Sali's concealer isn't blended will feature
Ah ok, fair enough. I missed the anger part

SavetheDrama

VIP Member
oo interesting tip, what’s the science behind it?

getting nervous cos I’ve been borderline hirsute since 20 so dreading it getting worse with age. Threaders told me I was “the hairiest white girl”, I knew it was bad when I went to Turkey and the local barber offered to shave me. Pcos tests inconclusive, and GP said there was no point to them anyway. Has anyone tried electrolysis?
Didn’t work for me, my facial hair is dark and coarse and it came back with a vengeance. Thinking of laser now.

I bought this after watching a Nadine Baggot video doing her makeup on YouTube. Never used one before so unable to comment on crispiness! I tend to wipe excess before using it so not thick.

Baroo11

I have bought it online from United Pharmacies. The first time I bought from them I had to pay by bank transfer but it worked OK. After that I've been able to pay by debit card. Product cheap but shipping quite expensive, so I tend to order a couple at a time.
Thank you - I’ll give the a go. The wire transfer freaked me out but it’s good to know it worked out. So much cheaper than a dermatologist.

Pretzelstick

Can anyone recommend a dupe for Brow Boy? I hate the crispiness of most brow gels and like Brow Boy which I have in brown. I only really need colour on the outer part of my brow which can look a bit gappy but want something with similar flexible texture/consistency for the rest to keep them in place. I know there's lots of supposed dupes but the ones I've seen are all tinted. Cheers!
I recently got a No7 one which is ok - can't recall what it's called but it's in a little tube much like the Boy Brow - I got 3 when it was on 3 for 2. Doesn't go crispy on me and I quite like it, but have to add that the spoolie brush isn't as easy as the Boy Brow one. It's at a weird slant and takes a bit of finessing (with my skills anyway).

anais750185

Chatty Member
View attachment 890075

I got this insta message recently. I would not be caught dead in activewear. Let alone on my insta profile. But I can see how people might be flattered by the request and enjoy the freebies if not the 💵💵💵.

Call me cynical but I expect a Sali/Lululemon fitness collab within the next 2 months.
I got that same message, never caught dead in activewear either!

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
New thread Salinistas 🤭

😄 Didn’t SH recently go on a Covent Garden shopping spree with her friend? She mentioned the Lisa Eldridge lipstick once in her “The best luxury lipsticks” article, so I thought maybe, just MAYBE she would go to the shop.

I had to try on Cinnabar first because I thought the same. I find it really hard to judge a colour online - even if it is shown on models/people. Their skin tone might be slightly different or the light.
I bought the hype and set my timer to put LE Velvet Cinnabar in my shopping cart first thing before moving down the rest of my wish list (I also set a timer to access the site as soon as it opened and nearly had a panic attack when it was down for about 10 minutes, maybe this pandemic needs to end solely so I can regain a sense of perspective about makeup?).

Alas Cinnabar is not a great look on me. It shows up as rust which is…OK, but it looks blah with my #22 foundation face (I didn’t buy it! I just made a lucky guess with the samples). I much prefer Velvet Jazz, which is a gorgeous brick color that has enough red to contrast with my skin. I recommend it highly.

If Dragon looks orange, then I imagine Morning is even worse?

melfish

VIP Member
I get a tret prescription from my derm at my yearly skin cancer check. I also have a subscription to Agency (which is specifically for old beef faces like me). I alternate between the two

rosemarina

VIP Member
Sometimes the gift guides are published a day later online. Is it worth paying for? I’m guessing probably not?

Mselvista

VIP Member
Can anyone recommend a dupe for Brow Boy? I hate the crispiness of most brow gels and like Brow Boy which I have in brown. I only really need colour on the outer part of my brow which can look a bit gappy but want something with similar flexible texture/consistency for the rest to keep them in place. I know there's lots of supposed dupes but the ones I've seen are all tinted. Cheers!