Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
She doesn't even talk about it now does she? She used to always mention writing it lying in bed.
What would usual reasons for such a delay be? Lots of rewriting?

Reactions: 4

Filouette

Chatty Member
1608479223418.png

I was looking for something in an old thread and came across this image. December 2020. What a contrast.

Sideboard Bob

VIP Member
I usually like that kind of illustration, it’s better than anything I could ever do, and fashion illustration is often very stylised. But there’s no excuse for how unrecognisable those drawings are. I wonder if the “muses” feel flattered or insulted?

WinterSolstice

VIP Member
  • Haha
Reactions: 3

SqualorVictoria

VIP Member
Fair enough but from what I can see she was invited and not the organiser (or whatever the word is). Surely they should be answering the question on what is being done now

melfish

VIP Member
Just read the Jane Fonda interview - it gets really sad when this absolute icon and legend talks about how she can’t work unless she looks attractive, she needs men to think she looks good, and she’ll put more effort in to her appearance if she knows she’s going to be talking to a man, even if it’s just a male doctor.

Sali’s conclusion to the article:

If my being a woman has made her make less effort today, then I can’t imagine how she could look any more beautiful than this for a man.

Yuck. And then there are five product recommendations, all from L’Oreal.
Yikes, what an embarrassment. No doubt L'Oreal was given sign-off. Imagine if some minor celeb had said that, about dressing for men. Sali would be having a go on twitter. Or old Sali would, before she started censoring herself. On the other hand, she dresses for Leonard, so maybe she just relates

This page is what comes up when you click on Sali's author page at Fourth Estate even though they appear to be publishing her next book. Maybe they are updating her bio. "Sali Hughes: NOT FOUND or error" would make a decent thread title.

Isn't she with HarperCollins?

Wobblehead

VIP Member
I absolutely can't colour match any way but in person. I don't know what my skin tone is but every foundation is too chalky, too pink, too beige, too orange or too yellow. If she includes actual samples of it with lipstick orders, and I found a shade which worked, I might be tempted.
I may try it. I have not spent any money on beauty for months as I am still using my stash. I too am crap at colour matching though and I don’t need any new lipsticks as still have some LE ones from her previous launch

Never in the World

I’ve got a sample I get the jungle name you smell like a greenhouse I quite like it but my instant reaction is I don’t love it enough for a full bottle but you never know I can still smell it slightly on my wrist after 5hrs

Nonah

VIP Member
Does anyone know why my avatar is wearing a little hat?

Oh! Everyone is! What’s happening?!

• Haha

glowup

Nope I can confirm they're lovely (at least for me! And my mum, actually, who is quite the picky lady!). The Oi range in particular is lush but I also like their hair mask things in a massive sachet. And the Naturaltech range, although the scent is definitely not for everyone!
I've tried a couple of Davines products and really liked them too

SqualorVictoria

VIP Member
To be fair, Anna Friend (no clue who she is) was on the panel and she replied agreeing with the sentiment and recommended some voices

What was the defensive response? I didn't see it

Nonah

VIP Member
SH has a dog so she must do a fair bit of walking. Walking is exercise. Therefore she does exercise.