Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Disillusioned

VIP Member
😬
Is it Josh Wood rather than a Hersheson that does the bleaching?
I am actually baffled - that can't be actually the look they were going for can it? And she's only just had it redone. I don't get it.

Yes, you’re right. Josh Wood for bleach. Here’s a handy cut-out-and-keep guide to all her… affiliations.

DF72927B-BB41-4449-8003-DE9AC520BBF4.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 5

dunhill

I don't think anyone judges anyone else for wanting to look their best, there's absolutely nothing wrong with that. I think people are more frustrated with the impossible beauty standards on women and that women are expected to look 25 forever. It's just not realistic, procedures or tweakments or not. She is also far from 'deformed' and is still a striking woman
I think you're a little naive, everyone judges, some more vocally than others. I don't think women are expected to look 25 forever, I know I have never felt like this, I just want to look my best. However, and for now, I draw the line at procedures and tweakments and so far, haven't undergone anything. Since lockdown, I've even stopped dying my hair.

While you are correct and that she is still a striking woman, Evangelista is not happy with her looks. This is the bottom line. She feels deformed. I suppose that's the problem with great beauty, once it has faded, or been damaged in some way, it is hard to deal with. I can't help but feel she's damned whatever she says and does. It's an awful situation to be in and probably why she has been a recluse all these years.

I must admit I am very surprised how much sorrow (and sympathy) I feel for her.

• Heart
Reactions: 5

WinterSolstice

VIP Member
JCM said in the column she’ll still be writing about fashion, just not with the photo? Hmmm

maybe Sali will have a new page like one of those magazine ones where it’s 10 products (with links) and one sentence about each.

• Sad
Reactions: 4

GossipMongoose

VIP Member
I don’t know. There’s always people better and worse off than you - it’s not a tragedy competition. Her face seems to have lost all definition - she had amazing cheekbones. She doesn’t look like herself but older - she looks like herself turned into a cane toad, and that’s got to hurt. I feel very sorry for her. Yes she’s not actually currently on fire but fucks sake. It’s bad.
“Cane toad” is a little extreme.

SqualorVictoria

VIP Member
Does anyone remember in Pretty Honest there was a tip about putting your tongue on the roof of your mouth to look good in photographs? I don't remember the science behind it. Maybe the thigh gap pose will be in the updated version of Pretty Honest that she mentioned ages ago

• Haha

HotesTilaire

VIP Member
Seems to be standing in that yellow light again here, and flashing the classic “Kylie eyebrow” Botox side effect
098309D6-DC7E-4566-865E-33903BE760BB.jpeg

• Haha

Disillusioned

VIP Member
Looks like they’ve got rid of the column photo of her and replaced it with some crappy photoshopped reference to the column topic? And does she have a bigger word count?

• Haha
  • Wow

SqualorVictoria

VIP Member
Is the eyebrow as a result of botox though? I have one eyebrow higher than the other and I've never had botox in my life!

I think botox *can* give spock brow which is different (not to everyone, of course. Our friend Caroline Hirons has it but not everyone who gets botox does)

SqualorVictoria

VIP Member
Regarding the guacamole on the turn, something else just occured to me. Doesn't guacamole have tomato so is therefore not totally green?

• Sad
  • Sick

melfish

VIP Member
Just to match my beef face, the top of arm chicken skin is fairly normal, but occasionally it takes over the bottom of my arm- the whole way round (unless this is something else, it could be) tiny red dots on the top like a shave rash except it’s not shaved, the hair is still there, and flat bumps on the underside.
I had it mainly above my elbows. A few goes with the Korean mitt and it's smooth as marble. I didn't use any lotion on it. I never use body moisturiser though

I read that glycolic acid really helps, so you may have luck now you're using that

• Heart

SqualorVictoria

VIP Member
I genuinely don't think I have ever been to an Indian/Bangladesh restaurant that was not owned/run by Indians or Bangladeshis. I can't pretend through any great moral stance on my part, just never came across one or would instinctively be drawn to one. The lack of authenticity would seem a bit wierd, when there are so many good Asian chefs out there.
It's not just Asian, I can't imagine going to say, an Italian restaurant that wasn't run by Italians. Can't imagine Indian, Japanese, Italian, etc restaurants run by non natives would be very good