Sali Hughes #37 Dark tortoise pantos women's frames

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Agreed. I think the tweeting is an addiction to the validation that strangers want to interact with you.

ETA

Reactions: 9
Sali's Tweeting seems performative - Look at me, look how upset I am! Because I'm a good person!
There used to be a lot of grief oneupmanship on Mumsnet , when a Celeb died posters would scramble to state how devastated they were , David Bowie’s death brought them all out of the woodwork.

Being shocked and horrified is the right emotion but it doesn’t have to be publically stated , the families at the heart of this don’t care what strangers think, they’re numb.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
She has to tweet. She's read Jane Monckton Smith's book so now she knows as much as this expert 🤷🏻‍♀️.
I follow this professor and recently I've seen Sali retweet her stuff a bit and an attempt to interact her which I found quite odd. She really does love a band wagon

Reactions: 9
Can’t believe she was out of Brighton for the annual naked bike ride. She could have gone along and applauded herself for being liberal about ‘things’.

• Haha
I dunno. I have a Twitter audience of ziltch and sometimes I feel moved to put a thought out into the universe in the way you might have in a diary once. I think it’s alright really.

Reactions: 5
Its her sharp intakes/gasps of breaths for me!
Now I think she has only SLIGHTLY stopped her nasal takes of breath. I can't not notice it.

Try it when you next talk. you naturally get air in quietly via your mouth
But not sali she sucks air in and pausing to breathe in through her nose.
Like she is in full passionate swing to her staff at a multimillion£ board meeting or speaking at the UN for some serious climate issue and normal breathing won't cut it.
Sal' its your tits and some face cream bleeping chill mate.

• Haha
Its her sharp intakes/gasps of breaths for me!
Now I think she has only SLIGHTLY stopped her nasal takes of breath. I can't not notice it.

Try it when you next talk. you naturally get air in quietly via your mouth
But not sali she sucks air in and pausing to breathe in through her nose.
Like she is in full passionate swing to her staff at a multimillion£ board meeting or speaking at the UN for some serious climate issue and normal breathing won't cut it.
Sal' its your tits and some face cream bleeping chill mate.
The gasping is really distracting. Once you've heard it, it's all you can focus on. Then you end up holding your breath till she breathes again!

• Haha
Reactions: 7
These tweets are the problematic ones for me. Sali is not qualified (and those that are usually shy away from diagnosing at a distance) and cannot know enough about the perpetrator from the news reports so far to comment on whether they were rational and methodical or psychotic or otherwise experiencing mental illnes immediately prior to the shootings.
I don't understand the significance of any legal definition here or what legal distinction she's referring to and how that can relate to whether appropriate treatment (if applicable) might have prevented the tragedy. There will be an investigation into whether the family was failed by mental health services as well as into the circumstances on which the perpetrator's gun licence was returned. It won't be based upon news reports from the first 48 hours after the tragedy.

20210815_095612.jpg
20210815_095631.jpg

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
"There's a demonstrable impulse by culture to reach for diagnosis when lone white men act as terrorists. We can't fathom it". Oh duck off you virtue signalling twit.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
Who is the ‘we’ there?

Yes, that is the tone and the positioning that has presumably sent most of us here for a bit of a chin wag.

Reactions: 11
To be fair, she is correct. She may not be a professor of the subject but her comments to my mind are accurate. There’s much reluctance to name a white male as a terrorist.

Psychosis is generally the only defence against such atrocities and this man was working as a crane operative for a company requiring background checks and security clearance strongly suggesting he was unlikely to have a history of psychotic illness. His videos don’t portray someone who has completely lost touch with reality to the point that they no longer have the capacity to make decisions.

I have plenty of criticism of Sali but not on this subject. I’ve got about 6 Twitter followers but still might express my feelings about things in the news.

What he did was monstrous. Positioning him as a monster, evil, etc, takes focus and attention away from the structural issues that enabled this behaviour and has fed the incel ideology - and that needs urgently addressing. He was obviously mentally ill. You can be methodical and plan something and still be mentally ill. Having a mental illness doesn't detract from or excuse his behaviour. Or stops him from being a terrorist.
Her relentless lack of nuance really gets to me.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
It's the superior and condescending tone that gets me. We are all shocked by this horrible tragedy but not shocked in the way that Sali deems correct. If anyone scrambles to make sense of it Sali virtue signals by bringing race into the equation. (Not that I'm saying sense can be made of it, hope you know what I mean)

Reactions: 17
New video up. Haven't watched it but the caption states she wears a bralette in XS. Always quick to point out the XS!

• Haha
I'm no expert on these things but how on earth could she be XS in a bralette? I'd have thought A or B cups would be XS

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.