Sali Hughes #37 Dark tortoise pantos women's frames

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yeah, she's concerned with appearances and stuff, not aesthetics in a classical sense. She's isn't moved by Beauty, just obsessed with beauty products. It's all very prosaic
Yes, for someone with such an interest in beauty I've never seen anything suggesting she has read any philosophy on aesthetics and she has a very rigid stance when she thinks her "passion for surface" is being challenged.

Reactions: 10
Yes, for someone with such an interest in beauty I've never seen anything suggesting she has read any philosophy on aesthetics and she has a very rigid stance when she thinks her "passion for surface" is being challenged.
Did she really say "passion for surface"?

• Haha
Reactions: 3
🤣🤣🤣 there are potential thread titles every other post round here, we need to have threads that are like 10 posts long or summat

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Has anyone seen evidence of this alleged depth?

*Memorising lines from Hollywood movies and Nora Ephron novels doesn't count

• Haha
I mean, to be blunt, her “limited intellectual resources are all tied up with self-indulgence and mirror gazing”.

She inadvertently hit the nail on the head there.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
I mean, to be blunt, her “limited intellectual resources are all tied up with self-indulgence and mirror gazing”.
I mean, she is in Greece, birthplace of the Western philosophical tradition, and she is literally just taking endless photos of herself in a mirror.

I guess Narcissus was Greek 🤷‍♀️

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 30
Has anyone seen evidence of this alleged depth?

*Memorising lines from Hollywood movies and Nora Ephron novels doesn't count
Nope.

Actually, for a film buff, I don't think I've ever seen her share a scene from a film, apart from a shot of an actor about whom she's said "face".

• Haha
Reactions: 8

She inadvertently hit the nail on the head there.
She's a forensic psychologist on the side too, I think. I'm just going by her Twitter feed since the Plymouth shooting, mind.

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
She's a forensic psychologist on the side too, I think. I'm just going by her Twitter feed since the Plymouth shooting, mind.
Thank goodness for her insights. However else would we fathom this tragedy?

Reactions: 7
Garth loves to peddle the myth that people think women who like makeup are dim (I don't know one person who thinks this). It is the same silly extreme polarised view she takes about here. All grandstanding.
Mind you I think her obsession and greed over product and surface is a bit bleeping dim tbh. Who needs over 100 perfumes? And multiple pouches of identical products? And then on her holiday 'I don't wear makeup' 😂

• Haha
  • Sick
You’re so right. Also evidenced by her penchant for a true crime podcast (a valid alternative to a Masters in criminology imho). Her ability to quack on with the most obvious takes on the most high profile issues is unparalleled.

Reactions: 7
Share the highlights please. Has she forgotten she is on holiday?
Forensic psychologist Sali Hughes is never truly on holiday
Garth loves to peddle the myth that people think women who like makeup are dim (I don't know one person who thinks this). It is the same silly extreme polarised view she takes about here. All grandstanding.
Mind you I think her obsession and greed over product and surface is a bit bleeping dim tbh. Who needs over 100 perfumes? And multiple pouches of identical products? And then on her holiday 'I don't wear makeup' 😂
She reminds me of a child playing dress up.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Her ability to quack on with the most obvious takes on the most high profile issues is unparalleled.
That is exactly it. And her inability to ever listen to anyone else ever on any subject is so tiresome. Her certainty she is always right is a very odd trait. The most intelligent people I know have an enquiring and open mind, and take delight in an informed and opposing point of view.
Sali utterly resents it and brands people trolls.
Her musings about this dreadful tragedy are predictably ponderous and pompous.

• Sick
Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.