Sali Hughes #37 Dark tortoise pantos women's frames

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
We’ve never defamed her and that silly little man thought he was intimidating 😂😂 what pissed her off is that everything said here was how we felt about her. Her spiteful, mean, duplicitous ways were documented and she kicked off.
I think she kicked off because Estee Laundry had posted reports of her 'stalking' tattlers on their social media. It must have felt potentially career-ending.

Grossly distorting the content here would have been a way to justify it - making it look like she was bravely confronting vicious trolls rather than trying to silence criticism and piss-taking.

Reactions: 24
I think she kicked off because Estee Laundry had posted reports of her 'stalking' tattlers on their social media. It must have felt potentially career-ending.

Grossly distorting the content here would have been a way to justify it - making it look like she was bravely confronting vicious trolls rather than trying to silence criticism and piss-taking.
Yes and also not happy about the Charlotte Tilbury allegations of bullying on Estee Laundry’s page, we all know how much she loves darling Charlotte.

• Sick
Reactions: 8
Yes and also not happy about the Charlotte Tilbury allegations of bullying on Estee Laundry’s page, we all know how much she loves darling Charlotte.
I saw quite recently that SH friend Jo Jones had been the PR consultant for the Charlotte Tilbury brand. Don't know if she was at the time of the bullying allegations.

• Wow
Reactions: 8
I am constantly job seeking (see previous post) and an assistsnt role at CT comes up frequently which I find interesting - i don’t know why I get it as it’s nothing to do with my sector, I must have really gone to town in my preferences settings once up upon a time (have been discontent since I entered the workforce in the year dot). Anyway, I like to monitor this one.

Reactions: 6
I am constantly job seeking (see previous post) and an assistsnt role at CT comes up frequently which I find interesting - i don’t know why I get it as it’s nothing to do with my sector, I must have really gone to town in my preferences settings once up upon a time (have been discontent since I entered the workforce in the year dot). Anyway, I like to monitor this one.
I get this alert too and it's clearly a toxic environment so despite it being my skillset, I would never, ever consider applying.

I used to know CT in a professional albeit non make-up capacity, many many years ago, about a decade before she founded her brand. She was always charming, lovely and super friendly. Was really shocked to read about all the bullying.

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
The CT Ltd bullying allegations was such a PR fail. If the people involved were smart they would have gone down the route of “zero tolerance” to bullying, were so concerned to hear this etc
Instead there was a chain reaction of hysterics and very personal “offence” taken and/or used to deflect

Reactions: 5
Thank you to Aude and others who signposted me to the wiki and other things that have filled-in the backstory about Sali, I am most appreciative for such a comprehensive history. She really is a piece of work.

I wear little make-up, so never really paid any attention to her Guardian column, although on occasion, if I did glance at it, I was always taken aback by how poor her make-up was anyway. It looked either caked on or too clown-like. She poor writing style meant that she just was not on my radar of anyone I would ever be interested in reading. As I had fallen foul of Caroline Hirons and wasted money on useless skincare she had recommended, I stopped taking any notice of what other so called beauty 'experts' were doing. But then Sali isn't an expert anyway, she's simply regurgitating press releases and praising whatever brand is giving her freebies.

I started to pay a little more attention to Sali when an ex-make-up artist friend told me how Sali had a habit of deleting comments she didn't like. She often picked fights with my friend (amongst others) in btl comments. I found this fascinating as my friend wasn't saying anything contentious, she was merely adding to the discussion in a polite, friendly and on topic way, but wasn't sycophantic (which clearly wasn't welcome). What I also found most interesting about Sali was her claim to be honest but her pictures proved this to be untrue as she was clearly having Botox or some other injectables, even though she claimed it was down to goo skincare and genes. It was around this time that influencers had to start declaring sponsored posts and ads, and as a result, I unfollowed the few I was following.

I loathe those who are frugal with the truth for financial gain. Sali is one such person. She is not honest or transparent. She is disingenuous and cries 'troll' at those who point this out. None of on here are trolls, we just don't have the wool in front of our eyes and she can't bear that we see her for who she is. But then she doesn't really do a terribly good job of hiding it as it's there for all the world to see; once you see through her, there's no going back. She has a habit of trying to change the conversation and use of language to suit her agenda, and she doesn't like those who post on this site because we see her for who she really is. Sali would be far better to ignore this place rather than drawing more attention to us, and in turn, herself, and the fact she's not so honest after all.

• Heart
Reactions: 37
That was exactly it. She either told downright lies (eg fearing for her children's security as they were discussed), or dwelling on the dafter discussions that went on (husband being a nanny, did she really need glasses, the village in bloom stuff). Yes they were probably annoying - but honestly it was all just idle gossip and speculation that most people in the public eye probably face.
What she singularly failed to ever bring up was the real and constant problems posters had with her - the avoidance of ever being honest about botox or tweakments, the lack of clarity over #ads, and the increasing use of her Guardian column to push her own agenda eg the predictable endless mentions of Charlotte Tilbury and Hershesons.
Then there was the hysterical 'they wanted me to lose my job' (Guardian column). Well not strictly true, we just wanted her to do it better and actually seem to take interest in it. And actually so what if we wanted her to lose her job - it is just opinion. Not trolling or bullying. Opinion.

Reactions: 22
We quite innocently messaged our friends on a public forum that we think the Guardian beauty column is awful!
We await our call from Kath Viner or her minion, inviting us in for a job interview to replace the current incumbent.
How is that being a troll?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
If anyone is bored, Sali's twitter thread defending the rights of men to act out their kinks in public, in front of children, effectively forcing others to participate without their consent, is a fun read 🍿🍿
She is currently telling "outsiders" they wouldn't understand "liberal Brighton" and should stay away

• Sick
  • Wow
It is fun @melfish thanks for the heads up!
A rare opportunity to see Sali engaging with ordinary people in a “not that snippy” way

Please pay attention to these quotes taken out of context- WISE
A7A633DC-C652-4CC4-82E8-6355F1FFB7F0.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
None more ‘cool girl’ without thinking through what she’s actually seeing/saying.

Obv if it was part of a pride parade then people would be able to choose whether or not to watch/take part but unwittingly seeing fetish stuff in public - no thank you. Doesn’t matter if it is gay or straight.

What does “my kids have been raised in exactly this environment“ mean? She raised them in a railway station populated by leather queens?

Last edited:
  • Haha
God seeing that sort of thing would upset my Nan, and my Mum so much. I guess their type better stay away from Brighton (Nan’s more of a Margate type of Londoner).

• Haha
Reactions: 11
If anyone is bored, Sali's twitter thread defending the rights of men to act out their kinks in public, in front of children, effectively forcing others to participate without their consent, is a fun read 🍿🍿
She is currently telling "outsiders" they wouldn't understand "liberal Brighton" and should stay away
Outsiders?! Dafuq

• Sick
Reactions: 7
Yup I saw the same as a teen - on the bus! Woman had a guy on a lead. And a different couple months later shopping on a Saturday. Made me feel sick and wasn’t sure why. I guess it’s the “being forced to unwillingly participate in someone else’s kink”all I Knew was it didn’t seem like feminism

• Wow
Reactions: 21
None more ‘cool girl’ without thinking through what she’s actually seeing/saying.
This is it in a nutshell

Yup I saw the same as a teen - on the bus! Woman had a guy on a lead. And a different couple months later shopping on a Saturday. Made me feel sick and wasn’t sure why. I guess it’s the “being forced to unwillingly participate in someone else’s kink”
Yep, because the being watched/reacted to is part of it

• Sick
  • Sad
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.