Sali Hughes #37 Dark tortoise pantos women's frames

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Doesn’t she depop? Or get the assistant to do it?
I think that’s what most minor slebs do.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Loads of them do it, Vestiare for luxury, depop for the rest. There’s also Instagram resellers like Manifesto Woman who has some great stuff on her site, I think she gets stuff from influencers some times. There’s another one (can’t remember who) and she sells Erica Davies ‘old’ wardrobe / press samples / gifts etc

Reactions: 7
Urgh Sali wannabees drooling over her cast offs
I remember her selling off some of her clothes on the first FB group ages ago. They were nice actually 😬 Topshop tea dresses and the like for about £20.

Re her wedding outfit. Of course it is her money blah blah to spend how she likes. But there is an odd thing with Sali now where she wants to appear incredibly down to earth with her cheap crisps, not ironing, love of Wotsits or whatever - but there is a deeply entrenched love of bling and a label. It's like she can't quite trust her own judgement, so chucking a vast amount of money at something with a fancy label makes it automatically tasteful and acceptable to others. Insecurity?

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Geez. When she first went “grey” I made a comment on her FB group.

I said her hair looked blonde and I was confused (it was a genuine comment) and she made a very bitchy response and blocked me from the group.

But I feel somewhat vindicated after checking in. She’s SO blonde and her regrowth doesn’t appear to have any grays.

Clearly the whole going grey thing was for attention and a Vogue story. Because the woman is a lot of things, but grey isn’t one of them.

• Wow
Reactions: 35
Sali has stopped colouring her hair the same dark brown she has in her Guardian picture, and it is her natural colour we are seeing. From what I can ascertain with her hair is that she's going grey in the same way as me - her temples are predominantly grey but the rest of her hair is more flecks/streaks of grey/salt and pepper, including the top of her head. This means her roots, or rather the ones we see the most look darker, particularly compared to the (overly) processed ended.

If her hair is anything like mine, which I think it is, it is going to be quite some time before she properly goes grey in the way she wants. I think that was her mistake with going totally 'grey' for the Vogue piece, she totally underestimated what her regrowth would look like/that it would be dark.

The maintenance for her current 'grey' is probably far more than her previous single process colour. Her best bet would be to stop colouring it and to have regular haircuts until all the coloured hair has gone. Once she's back to virgin hair, she can make a better decision how to properly embrace her grey. I am really a little shocked she wasn't encouraged to do this in the first instance.

Reactions: 16
Sali has stopped colouring her hair the same dark brown she has in her Guardian picture, and it is her natural colour we are seeing.
It's not though. There's more dye on that head of hers than ever before!

Reactions: 1
Has Sali ever referred to herself as an influencer? (she may well have done - I've no idea). She probably thinks she is more of an 'expert content creator'.
I don't think she ever has. Even when referring to influencers in general she seems to use the term 'content creators' or, recently, 'digital talent'. I think it's like the way she refers to here as a 'dragging site' rather than a 'gossip site' or 'gossip forum' which everyone else does. It seems that she's trying to change the language to change the way things are perceived to suit her own interests. 'Content creator' sounds more benign, less obviously commercial, than 'influencer'. 'Dragging site' sounds more sinister than 'gossip site'.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
It's not though. There's more dye on that head of hers than ever before!
You've misconstrued what I said. She's not dying her hair the same colour shown in her Guardian picture (which is a single process colour). Her current hair colour is obviously dyed, I am not disputing that at all!

Reactions: 1
I don't think she ever has. Even when referring to influencers in general she seems to use the term 'content creators' or, recently, 'digital talent'. I think it's like the way she refers to here as a 'dragging site' rather than a 'gossip site' or 'gossip forum' which everyone else does. It seems that she's trying to change the language to change the way things are perceived to suit her own interests. 'Content creator' sounds more benign, less obviously commercial, than 'influencer'. 'Dragging site' sounds more sinister than 'gossip site'.
Yes, you're right. I think in her documentary she referred to others with threads here as "so called influencers".

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 4
Yes, you're right. I think in her documentary she referred to others with threads here as "so called influencers".
Interesting in the programme that she describes influencers as people who create social media content and then to earn money from it 'sometimes' work commercially with brands. As if the earning money part is a bit of an afterthought.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
This is a lie, isn’t it?

View attachment 695881

Not #prettyhonest
She’s gone from no dye (she used root spray she didn’t colour her hair - saw this response from her) to very high maintenance dye work because of a smattering of grey (root spray easy solution already being used)? Baffling really. But whatever floats the boat.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
She’s gone from no dye (she used root spray she didn’t colour her hair - saw this response from her) to very high maintenance dye work because of a smattering of grey (root spray easy solution already being used)? Baffling really. But whatever floats the boat.
Her colourist said different:

AC1BDFCE-A29F-43EF-BFEC-FDC6CB7FE0E0.jpeg

⬆ That’s been posted on here before, nothing new.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
She gets filler hair extensions though doesn't she? That's gone awfully quiet with the new grey/ blonde/whatevs

Reactions: 3
Geez. When she first went “grey” I made a comment on her FB group.

I said her hair looked blonde and I was confused (it was a genuine comment) and she made a very bitchy response and blocked me from the group.

But I feel somewhat vindicated after checking in. She’s SO blonde and her regrowth doesn’t appear to have any grays.

Clearly the whole going grey thing was for attention and a Vogue story. Because the woman is a lot of things, but grey isn’t one of them.
Says it all, really. Wonder how she'd cope in the real world, you know, like the workplace where someone might say something you don't like and you can't just block them...

Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.