Sali Hughes #36 She irons her face, rather than her shirt.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I wonder why her husband does not come with her to weddings? Bit miserable? Or too busy writing hilarious material?

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I wonder why her husband does not come with her to weddings? Bit miserable? Or too busy writing hilarious material?
Are weddings allowed an unlimited number of guests now? Maybe numbers were restricted so no plus ones?

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
Oh that's didn't occur to me :-/. Apologies Mr. Sali.
Probs at time of invite it was limited numbers, then even with things being more relaxed partners may have made other plans / the awkwardness of being uninvited then reinvited.

(On that I’ve just been invited to a wedding in a weeks time, any good recs for places with well priced dresses? The new rental websites are mainly size 8 stock)

Reactions: 5
(On that I’ve just been invited to a wedding in a weeks time, any good recs for places with well priced dresses? The new rental websites are mainly size 8 stock)
If you like those sort of ditsy floral mid calf tea dresses which are all the rage (and I really do), M and S have a lovely range from Ghost. My daughter got one and it is beautiful. Not sure if all the stock is available in store but definitely online. They are about the £60 mark.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Not to be a snippy Sali but it means the same thing in all English speaking countries.
Not true. If an American asked you if you want a ride they would mean a lift! (cue "highlarious" misunderstanding in some Marian Keyes novel)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Sam looks fabulous - someone totally called it with a Bianca Jagger vibe. She’s made it her own though.

Sali really suits that dress too, it’s the clean blue I think, works with her colouring well.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Not true. If an American asked you if you want a ride they would mean a lift! (cue "highlarious" misunderstanding in some Marian Keyes novel)
Exactly! "He's a ride", "I got the ride last night", "I'd ride him", all clearly Irish slang! Baffled by Apples post to be honest

Reactions: 12
If you like those sort of ditsy floral mid calf tea dresses which are all the rage (and I really do), M and S have a lovely range from Ghost. My daughter got one and it is beautiful. Not sure if all the stock is available in store but definitely online. They are about the £60 mark.
And Ghost itself is good for that sort of dress (and has a sale at the moment).

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.