Sali Hughes #36 She irons her face, rather than her shirt.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sali's protestations about here in light of her own behaviour were slippery to say the least.
'I would never ever talk about people like that' (she did)
'if I found out someone was hurting I would stop' (she didn't)
'Yes I was a bit mean but it wasn't my fault' ( 🥴. This came after her assertions it was ages ago and completely different anyway).

'I had hardly any followers' (I bet more people saw those tweets than read her threads here before freaky Friday).
'I apologised to Dawn and Esther and they both apologised to me' (for what? Being bullied?)

Inventive to say the least.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
So this palette is coming up in an ad here for me but not clicking through! Anyone know what palette it is? It nice 🙂

ETA: found it, Beauty Bakerie. €40 tho. 🙄
554E2EB5-C809-4735-856B-04D87894AE21.jpeg

I’m off to trawl boots in the meantime…

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
She’s so relentlessly grim.

“leaves skin hydrated but still relatively matte and unsheathed”

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 16
Look fantastic also have 25% off on La Roche Posay at the moment (not required, not an ad etc).

Skin unsheathed just makes me think of that awful word “degloved” and makes me want to vomit.

“Immediate perk” is also a bit wtf?

• Sick
Reactions: 15
The way she describes products never fails to both annoy and baffle me. 'immediate perk'? What? and the bloody 'comforting' :rolleyes: and 'comfortable ride'?!?!
This is a lovely all-rounder – offering comforting, plumping hydration and immediate perk in a fine, refreshing liquid that doesn’t feel claggy for summer or smell off-putting, as vitamin C skincare is often disposed to be (though those against fragrance in skincare should avoid this one).
The texture, rich with vitamin E, aloe vera, hyaluronic acid, glycerin and fruit oils, borders on the oily, making for a comfortable ride under sunscreen, no extra moisturiser required

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
Look fantastic also have 25% off on La Roche Posay at the moment (not required, not an ad etc).

Skin unsheathed just makes me think of that awful word “degloved” and makes me want to vomit.

Unsheathed also makes me want to heave

The way she describes products never fails to both annoy and baffle me. 'immediate perk'? What? and the bloody 'comforting' :rolleyes: and 'comfortable ride'?!?!
Ride is Irish slang for shag (or a hot person), just saying 😛

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Oh tit, was it not ‘cheering’? Absolutely not interested so.

My recent recommendation for The Inkey List’s 15% Vitamin C and EGF serum (£14.99 for 30ml) prompted many of you to get in touch, asking for some more affordable day serums. Before I oblige, it’s perhaps useful to explain why I unfailingly apply vitamin C each morning.

noblesse oblige, plebs

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 17
I was just having a nosey at Sam Chapman's IG and watched her video about going from brunette to blonde. She was saying going from dark to light needs to be done gradually over a few weeks or it wrecks your hair.
I know Sam is blonde and Sali grey but would it basically be the same process? Still involving the bleaching and toning.
Sam's hair looked in cracking condition, silky and glossy. Sali's has never looked like that - is it because it was done in a day?

Reactions: 5

Yuk, I hate the word ‘sheath’ - my husband calls the wee cover for an umbrella a ‘sheath’ deliberately to creep me out. The Prick 🤨

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 20
So....people asked her for more affordable serums and she recommends 2 that are more expensive?
FFS.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I can’t be the only one who just thinks ‘condom’ when they see/ hear ‘sheath’, can I?

😂
I mean. What else is there to think?!
I’m guessing she means that ‘film’ some products leave behind. That doesn’t make it any more palatable though.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
She’s so relentlessly grim.

“leaves skin hydrated but still relatively matte and unsheathed”
It's really horrible, dour writing. Clunky as duck too

If there were still subs, they'd be having a proper laugh over her copy every week, reading it aloud to one another. I guarantee it

Before I oblige, it’s perhaps useful to explain why I unfailingly apply vitamin C each morning.

noblesse oblige, plebs
😆 It so is

I see Sali has taken a morning bath in preparation for the wedding. More feet

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.