Sali Hughes #36 She irons her face, rather than her shirt.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Clapping, crying and posing at someone else's wedding ceremony!!!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Her skin looks absolultely terrible here which is a horrible thing to say, I know. But this is literally her job and God knows how much money she's spent on it. Whatever she is doing is not working and I would never take advice from someone with skin that looks like this.

Reactions: 13
I'm sure the fabric is a lovely quality silk but from a design point of view a mid-size floral from neck to ankle is tedious to look at. A full-length garment with a print at that (original) price point would usually show some variation on the theme, for example a border, yolk, cuff, or the last ruffle on the skirt would have a placement print to break it up, to avoid it looking like an expanse of a soft furnishing item.

Reactions: 11
Love the dress, but not enough to spend even the reduced price of £400. That's still a ton of money for most people, myself included.
Same. It's funny how £400 is seen by Sali as a 'bargain' but to most people that's a fortune.

• Sick
Reactions: 20
I absolutely adore Vampire's Wife (my budget only stretches to the H&M version!!!) but the patterned dresses are too much for me. Migraine inducing.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Same. It's funny how £400 is seen by Sali as a 'bargain' but to most people that's a fortune.
I'd have far more respect if she'd bought vintage as a one wear dress (I am assuming this isn't going into her day to day rotation) and then sold it on, or raffled it off, or something vaguely in touch with the current state of the world.

Reactions: 3
Her skin looks absolultely terrible here which is a horrible thing to say, I know. But this is literally her job and God knows how much money she's spent on it. Whatever she is doing is not working and I would never take advice from someone with skin that looks like this.
I’ve never had filler , is that what’s making her look puffy?

• Sad
Reactions: 8
Yep. Puffy and lumpy. It migrates as well which only highlights when you’ve had too much, too often.
I was wondering if it was too much filler or adult acne - the puffiness is bad but her skin texture is appalling. I'm actually really surprised she uploaded that photo. Her skin looks excellent in her insta lives too!! What a fraud.

Reactions: 8
I think eliminating wrinkles at any cost becomes the goal when people go down the injectable route and they lose sight of the bizarreness the face takes on in their single-minded pursuit of that goal. I have a friend - a very beautiful friend - whose imo is wrecking her face with fillers and botox. She looks puffy and strange and unnatural, but it's not my place to say anything, is it?

I totally get where the impulse is coming from. She is a fashion designer and surrounded by models all the time. It must take a toll

I mean, look at what Marc Jacobs has just done

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
I have a friend - a very beautiful friend - whose imo is wrecking her face with fillers and botox. She looks puffy and strange and unnatural, but it's not my place to say anything, is it?
What is the correct etiquette when someone is looking weird from it? Saying nothing feels like the only thing you reasonably can do, but that also feels wrong and uncaring.

I too have a beautiful friend who is looking increasingly like a blow up doll. I just want to make sure she's happy because it feels as if she might not be.

• Sad
Reactions: 10
What is the correct etiquette when someone is looking weird from it? Saying nothing feels like the only thing you reasonably can do, but that also feels wrong and uncaring.

I too have a beautiful friend who is looking increasingly like a blow up doll. I just want to make sure she's happy because it feels as if she might not be.
It's a really delicate situation, isn't it?

Reactions: 6
I have only just noticed the ankle chain. I did not think She would approve of such an adornment.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
We're at new thread title time. I fully endorse the suggestion upthread for the name of those Chanel sunnies in all caps

She’s had it for a while. Tacky, isn’t it? (Missoma?)
I noticed it in the gratuitous bath-feet story. Feels cheugy

• Haha
Reactions: 27
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
I agree - she needs to stop. She is a pretty woman but the fillers and botox are starting to distort her face. It is as @melfish said and the goal of no wrinkles is blinding her (and others) to anything else.

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.