Sali Hughes #35 She wore Vampire's Wife dresses when they were still Vampire's Girlfriend

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I loved Ysatis, then its stablemate Amarige.
I just took a look at the notes and my goodness, they are still what I seek out in a fragrance to this day, the base notes especially. I've recently realised, though, that while jasmine, gardenia, iris etc are gorgeous in real life, I don't like wearing them. I prefer woody, earthy orientals on my skin

Reactions: 4
For me if a fragrance had to be put in the 'bleep' category surely it would be Secretions Magnifique - though frankly can't imagine ANYONE wearing that, whatever their line of work.
there is a review where basically they wanted that fragrance to smell more like a gay gym and it didn’t but it smelt quite nice. One star!
Putain des palaces is actually quite nice but jasmin et cigarettes is the only one I would buy

Oh my gosh, Amarige! My mother was really power scenting her way through bollocking 2 kids.
Mine too

• Haha
Reactions: 3
When I was like mid-to-late teens I wore Paris by YSL, then Diorissimo, then I was really into original Fendi and then Shalimar through my mid to late 20s. I went off perfume in my 30s and now I have loads of different ones and love buying samples.

Reactions: 4
When I was like mid-to-late teens I wore Paris by YSL, then Diorissimo, then I was really into original Fendi and then Shalimar through my mid to late 20s. I went off perfume in my 30s and now I have loads of different ones and love buying samples.
Yes! Fendi! That was another

I went off perfume in my 30s/40s too. Now I am obsessed with samples, in search of the One

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
I am LOVING this perfume chat — your descriptions are much more evocative (and influential!) than She Here’s meaningless word salad

My very first 'grownup' perfume was Ma Griffe. Does anyone else remember that? I literally have no memory now of what it smelled of.
Yes! Ma Griffe, Worth Je Reviens & Dans la Nuit — I remember those from Saturday morning shopping in ancient, no longer in existence, department store in Belfast, when the whole department smelled of Youth Dew…

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Oooh remember Gucci Envy?

I had a miniature set of the perfumes which contained the classic power perfumes. I had Lou Lou in my pencil case at school and the lid came off and it absolutely stank, I got sent out for making the teacher feel sick!!

Lou Lou
Amarige
Anais Anais
Ysatis
Eden

My mum also had Paris and Beautiful by Estée Lauder

Reactions: 8
You all are a terrible influence. I just ordered a sample of POAL (plus Noir Epices and Une Rose).

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Reapplying lipstick is 'a good look'?
Is it? No doubt Sali thinks it is sexy.
I don't dislike it but Sali seems to be a bit obsessed with putting on makeup in public. I sometimes see it as a necessary evil but I don't see it as a 'thing'.
I hate that lipstick thing she says. You don't understand? Really? Longwear lipstick means not having to apply lipstick as frequently, so it lasts longer. It means not leaving lipstick all over everyone's wine glasses. Longwear lipstick means you don't end up looking like you forgot to wipe your mouth after eating bolognese.

Not everyone has the time or inclination to pretend they're, I dunno...Liz Taylor.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I see perfume a lot like make-up - when you actually wear it, nobody can tell anything about it other than how good, bad o people literally looking down on people who wear mainstream cheaper fragrances are just posturing from a very precarious position.
And this is Sali’s problem.

Last edited:
  • Sick
Not everyone has the time or inclination to pretend they're, I dunno...Liz Taylor.
That is just it. She here seems to spend her time imagining she is Liz Taylor. Ballsy broad with pistols in her knickers not giving a duck about convention and sexily applying lippy while men look on adoringly and women enviously.
But Liz Taylor really genuinely did not appear to give a duck. When asked if if she worried people thought she was fat she said 'why the duck should I care? I am fat'.
But Sali painfully, and actually quite normally, does care very much. Image is absolutely everything. Including her carefully curated 'look how much I don't give af' posts.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Soaked myself in LouLou when I was 19 and going out with a weird guy called Kevin, but was simultaneously using my allure on Dave who was 28. I wore so much of it, LouLou smacked anyone in the vicinity round the chops but sadly, it failed to get me in to Dave’s Vauxhall Nova.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
I know Giorgio Beverly Hills is overpowering, it really should be known by its initials, GBH, but I like the smell of it (on occasion) and it brings back so many memories. I moved on to the Belles de Ricci in its cool bottle and honestly it smelled nice but on me it smelled like cat piss. My first lesson in why you try scent on your skin before buying.

• Haha
I see perfume a lot like make-up - when you actually wear it, nobody can tell anything about it other than how good, bad or indifferent it smells on you. Nobody can see whether your lipstick is a Chanel or a Rimmel when you have it actually on your lips. application and knowing what colours and look suits you is way more essential than brand. The rest is just label snobbery if someone's actually ridiculous enough to judge you. If it looks good on you, that's all that matters. If people want to judge me for not wearing boutique fragrance that costs £120 for 30ml or whatever, they can indulge, but they're just snobs who think they're better because they can afford expensive stuff. Sorry. Yeah, I know it's nice to have nice stuff, and there's pleasure in owning really nice stuff that appeals to you from whatever brand, but it's our own business how we spend money and people literally looking down on people who wear mainstream cheaper fragrances are just posturing from a very precarious position.

Some high-end fragrances smell incredible and some are absolutely no different from a Coty fragrance tbqh, and frankly some Coty smells great. There are some niche ones I think are just taking the piss too in terms of price and what they offer. Anyway, I love Tom Ford Black Orchid but cannot justify spending £80+ on it, so I bought a smell-a-like from Milton Lloyd which pleases me greatly. I also love Shalimar EDP ... but have to limit myself to cheeky airport sprays in duty free right now. Life is short, not going to worry about it!
Agreed.
I bloody love Wild Musk - I remember smelling the body spray on a girl at school and following her, sniffing to find out what it was. It’s so cheap and uncool but a very classic and sexy smell

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
I think it's time for me to lower the tone again and mention I had a little handbag-sized spray/rollerball thing of Kylie Couture back in the early 2010s which I wore the tit out of. I really liked that perfume.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
In Year 10 my favourite ‘scent’ was an impulse body spray. Forget which one but it was sickly sweet and floral. The boys had their Lynx and we had our Impulse (and smelling either gives me flashbacks to secondary school 😅).

I haven't paid much attention to ole Sali for a while but bugger me, what has she done to herself? She looks like a Madame Tussaud' recreation of herself. And she used to be so pretty. And it looks like she applies her foundation with a plasterer's trowel.

• Haha
In Year 10 my favourite ‘scent’ was an impulse body spray. Forget which one but it was sickly sweet and floral. The boys had their Lynx and we had our Impulse (and smelling either gives me flashbacks to secondary school 😅).
Mine too, around the same age! I loved Impulse Zen and their Spice Girls one 😆 Both long since discontinued but I swear the zen one was gorgeous, I can still smell it in my mind‘s nose!

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.