Sali Hughes #33 Grifty shades of grey. It's a complex case.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m an ambivert so I do both crazy life and soul loudmouth and locked in my room pretending I can’t come out because of a migraine when I actually just want to read a book in bed.
I could not stand public attention. I like getting dressed up and made up for a wedding or event, taking a nice pic and getting likes on Facebook, that’s it. I don’t like random words strangers or friends of friends seeing it or trying to message me.
Public attention is a massive dopamine hit of hundreds or thousands giving you validation, but then you get abuse as well. I’m not sure why some people don’t seem to understand that the two go hand in hand. Sail was more suited to the one-way communication where she wrote for a paper and nobody could respond. So last century.

Reactions: 7
I increasingly find myself questioning the motives and mentality of people that do need to feel that they're special and different and the people who enable it. What do they get out of it?
I often wonder about this, the people who lavish SH with admiration and gratitude in their Instagram comments. Why?

Having read the comments on the new hair colour on Tattle, Mumsnet and Instagram, I can report:
  • Tattle - mixed views. Generally negative - colour not great, condition looks wrecked, upkeep a nightmare - but some saying it looks lovely and some saying it looks ok
  • Mumsnet - mixed views. Largely as per Tattle but perhaps more positive comments but also the suggestion that she's using hair extensions and not being open about it
  • Instagram - 100% it's fabulous.
In the days when SH and associates used to trade insults about here on Twitter, one particular insult was that the discussion here wasn't 'normal', no 'normal' person would engage in it. I think it's the Instagram commentary that isn't 'normal'.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
The sooner social media influencers die out the better for all involved.

Unbelievably damaging in so many ways.
I was a follower of Stella a few years ago then unfollowed when the parody got boring. Good to hear she’s recovering and feeling better ❤❤

• Heart
Reactions: 5
(I see Sali is currently fighting with someone over the spelling of a word. Nice, relaxing way to spend a Sunday evening)

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
@Annasho, such a thoughtful comment. IMO the wonders if social media have a lot to do with this truly awful phenomenon. Deliciously Stella wrote a very honest article on the topic recently:

it’s a mindfuck of a game to play being an influencer. People get sucked in and forget all the easy praise and earnings often come with a hefty MH price to pay in exchange.
I've had a few glasses of bank holiday fizz this afternoon, but look forward to reading this with a clear head. Thanks!

• Haha
(I see Sali is currently fighting with someone over the spelling of a word. Nice, relaxing way to spend a Sunday evening)
Just had a look, and oh lord I agree with Sali. It’s been nice knowing you all, for I’m about to be banned for saying I agree with her ;)

I think the spelling of that word crops up at least once a week at work, what a rock and roll life I lead!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
We must allow her at least to be an excellent speller.

Sorry Jane Austen

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Slight interjection here. Just wanted to than @Aude - I think it was you who suggested the Australian Gold tinted SPF? It’s absolutely brilliant, either under makeup or on its own. Plus huge tube. Excellent recommendation 😘

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Slight interjection here. Just wanted to than @Aude - I think it was you who suggested the Australian Gold tinted SPF? It’s absolutely brilliant, either under makeup or on its own. Plus huge tube. Excellent recommendation 😘
Do you not find it a bit hard to spread? It's sort of like peanut butter on fresh bread on my face

• Haha
This is so funny! It reminds me so much of someone I used to work with. I'd met her husband a few times and found him unlikeable and extremely argumentative. Anyway she came in one morning absolutely shattered and said they had a rule never to sleep on an argument (it's an age old rule and makes sense in theory!) So they stayed up arguing until 5am - over which school to send their 5 year old to 🙄

• Haha
  • Wow
  • Sick
Looking up @Aude’s recommendation ❤

Reactions: 3
This is so funny! It reminds me so much of someone I used to work with. I'd met her husband a few times and found him unlikeable and extremely argumentative. Anyway she came in one morning absolutely shattered and said they had a rule never to sleep on an argument (it's an age old rule and makes sense in theory!) So they stayed up arguing until 5am - over which school to send their 5 year old to 🙄
That’s a big decision, kudos to her for keeping in there until 5am because I bet she caved. Men like that never give in.

• Sick
Do you not find it a bit hard to spread? It's sort of like peanut butter on fresh bread on my face
to be honest no, it goes on easy over my normal skincare. If I am putting makeup on, I wait maybe 10 minutes or so. Wonder if you got a dodgy batch?

Reactions: 1
to be honest no, it goes on easy over my normal skincare. If I am putting makeup on, I wait maybe 10 minutes or so. Wonder if you got a dodgy batch?
It's probably just old. I bought it ages ago, and only tried it recently

Reactions: 2
Just had a look, and oh lord I agree with Sali. It’s been nice knowing you all, for I’m about to be banned for saying I agree with her ;)

I think the spelling of that word crops up at least once a week at work, what a rock and roll life I lead!
I agree. It's the same as travel and travelling. Multisyllabic word ending in vowel and then consonant gets no doubling in American English but doubling in British English.

(not a native speaker but I do have an English degree)

My hairdresser has actively talked clients out of dying their hair post lockdown, because what they’re now presenting with is much better for their own colouring, or in much better condition.

(Although he’s also doing a lot of corrections of people who took colouring matters into their own hands over the months with alarming results*, so I don’t think he’s losing out on too much business ...)

*raises hand sheepishly

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
3D4B81BE-8D88-4753-8B69-6064E006E976.jpeg

Can someone explain to me the “summer” part of this? I mean this is 100% an outfit I would wear but you could literally wear it year round in the UK, if anything it’s been TOO hot for this outfit. I just don’t understand her at all.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I cannot fathom why someone who made it into their mid 40’s with virgin hair would fry the tit out of it to get it what is essentially ash blind to cover a handful of grey hairs.

Reactions: 15
It seems a bit thick out of the tube but it covers easily and dries down (term I've learnt from Angie) within seconds to - for me - a perfect skin-like finish, just a bit more even than my skin. If I'm out in sunny weather and want to reapply spf, I find I can pat on a bit more without disturbing the finish.

I think it's not recommended for dry skin.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.