Sali Hughes #33 Grifty shades of grey. It's a complex case.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
@Apples87 Got a few trainer suggestions for you:

Converse Chuck70’s - chunkier than the standard all stars and just a bit fresher (IMO)

Reebok Club C

Nike Airforce 1 or Dunk

Also adidas Forum lo are nice

Reactions: 5
My most recent (you know I buy loads of testers and I only love about 1 in 20) scent that has bowled me over is 1978 Le Bains Douches. It's kind of bitter, botanical and boozy. Not a gin and tonic - richer, like whisky but not straight up. There's wood and piney stuff. I've just checked and It's another Bertrand Douchafour - which is mad. I only bought three scents on holiday with me and one is En Passant (which isn't him) and the third is Miller Harris Sublime Blossom which is him but is NOTHING LIKE Bains Douches, it's just a lovely floral, but it's another that is 100% my kind of smell - the kind that I want to smell again and again.
That sounds lovely. I'm going to get a sample. I'm a sample addict too. My more recent discovery set was Sana Jardin. A few I like from there, though they are a bit heavy on the vanilla for my liking. Any other woody, earthy scents you'd recommend?

Reactions: 2
That sounds lovely. I'm going to get a sample. I'm a sample addict too. My more recent discovery set was Sana Jardin. A few I like from there, though they are a bit heavy on the vanilla for my liking. Any other woody, earthy scents you'd recommend?
I really love A Tiger By Her Side by Sana Jardin.

Woody/Earthy - have you smelled Bois D’Encens by Giorgio Armani? It’s more just woody (and incense obviously). I think it’s great.

l’ll have a think about others, and let you know if anything dawns on me.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I really love A Tiger By Her Side by Sana Jardin.

Woody/Earthy - have you smelled Bois D’Encens by Giorgio Armani? It’s more just woody (and incense obviously). I think it’s great.
I haven't tried that GA. Thank you 😘

Reactions: 1
I’ve not even heard of that one. What’s it like?
Then it was @cholulamare who recommended it. I think. I was looking for a neroli perfume, and this was not enough neroli for me, but it turned out to be a wonderful summer scent. Or as they say in the industry - "mental".

You do love your citrus 🍊🧡
The first thing I smelled after covid induced loss of smell and taste was oranges. I jammed my snout in it like a pig digging truffles. :LOL:

• Heart
Reactions: 6
summer for me is Eau Dynamisante (original red one) I like it’s freshness.
Oh gosh, that reminds me of a work conference I was on. We were all given a bottle of that, so 40 women all wearing it in room at once o_O

It was summer, and we were at a resort, but still ...

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Oh gosh, that reminds me of a work conference I was on. We were all given a bottle of that, so 40 women all wearing it in room at once o_O

It was summer, and we were at a resort, but still ...
yeah I love it but even I would find that tricky. Possibly more the fact of just being in a room with 40 women though 😂

• Haha
yeah I love it but even I would find that tricky. Possibly more the fact of just being in a room with 40 women though 😂
They did Myers Briggs on us, and I was one of two introverts present 😩

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Heart
My most recent (you know I buy loads of testers and I only love about 1 in 20) scent that has bowled me over is 1978 Le Bains Douches. It's kind of bitter, botanical and boozy. Not a gin and tonic - richer, like whisky but not straight up. There's wood and piney stuff. I've just checked and It's another Bertrand Douchafour - which is mad. I only bought three scents on holiday with me and one is En Passant (which isn't him) and the third is Miller Harris Sublime Blossom which is him but is NOTHING LIKE Bains Douches, it's just a lovely floral, but it's another that is 100% my kind of smell - the kind that I want to smell again and again.
That's pretty cool! It sounds to me like you've found your perfumer. We'll need further reviews on any other scents he has created now :LOL:

summer for me is Eau Dynamisante (original red one) I like it’s freshness.
I love that one! A favourite of my Mum when I was a kid so whenever I smell it now it makes me smile.

Also, a weird thing I have discovered after looking up that Australian Gold Sunscreen reccomended by @Aude is that they don't sell their products in Australia. It's like Aussie haircare - uses Australian branding/botanicals but not for sale here. Weird world.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
That really resonates with me - I feel the same about my role, and there is value in enjoying being good at your job rather than living for the extrinsic praise. David Zweig's book 'Invisibles' is about just this, and as a complete introvert I found it really inspiring!
I keep getting asked to do interviews and panels. I’d honestly rather die than put myself through it.

I’m going to look that book up, thank you my fellow introvert ❤

And she’s doubled down on it. What she actually means here is ‘Look, I got my trashed hair to look a tiny bit better’, but somehow it’s all about the arrival of summer...

View attachment 596908
Yikes.

Her hair has been fried to within an inch of its life. Candy floss, anyone?

I would be devastated if that were my barnet.

Last edited:
In Sali's recent column re The Body Shop's Avocado Body Butter, she said that it could also be put in the bath to make a soothing milky bath. I have a sample. I've just tried it. It definitely doesn't work. I'm lying in a bath with flecks of undissolved body cream in it.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 31
In Sali's recent column re The Body Shop's Avocado Body Butter, she said that it could also be put in the bath to make a soothing milky bath. I have a sample. I've just tried it. It definitely doesn't work. I'm lying in a bath with flecks of undissolved body cream in it.
I thought that sounded unlikely. She’s so full of tit.

Yikes.
Her hair has been fried to within an inch of its life. Candy floss, anyone?
I would be devastated if that were my barnet.
That’s the best she’s managed to get it, Bri. After drinking half a litre of Olaplex and filtering it to duck.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I keep getting asked to do interviews and panels. I’d honestly rather die than put myself through it.
As an older person here, I would say that I regret not having 'put myself through it' earlier in my career. I did eventually get fed up with less talented, less hard working colleagues getting the credit for my work because I didn't accept the opportunities I was offered to be in the spotlight.

I still do get anxious, and performing in public is never going to be what I'm best at but with practice I've found that I can do it. In the Anya Hindmarch book that was mentioned here recently, there's a chapter on how she eventually managed to become reasonably comfortable speaking to an audience.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Back to The Hair (sorry 😂) but I am completely ignorant a out these things - is the problem with Sali's that it wasn't bleached white enough in the first stage? So there will always be yellowy undertones?
I still don't know why she didn't go for grey highlights the length of the strand - seems like she used a huge hammer to crack a small nut.

Reactions: 10
Yes, that’s my understanding at least- the hair needed bleaching to white blonde and then grey toner applied to get the effect she wanted. You can tone bleached hair to an extend but you can’t change its colour with just a toner. So far she’s ended up with slightly yellow base colour which comes through under the toner.

I would think SH needs to have another go a bleaching again if she wants to lift the colour even further. It seems a hugely damaging way of dealing with some greys. If SH’s hair was a lot grey-er already, then it would have made more sense.

Evidently the BH weekend has been slow on excitement- #blessed that the PM’s secret wedding with hey bales and bare feet and SH’s hair disaster provide some respite.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.