Sali Hughes #33 Grifty shades of grey. It's a complex case.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
@NotDumbNotBlonde thank you for saving me the best part of €35, you have made me remember that satin finishes don't look good on me either ! I have Velvet Beauty and Velvet Ribbon as well as other lipsticks and that's enough to be going on with for now

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Oh dear, I didn't realise there were lipsticks still available to pre-order. Trying to just buy one...

I did only buy one! I somehow bought two glosses as well, and chose the floral makeup bag. Arghhh.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
I’ve taken one for the team and listened to Sali’s Maintenance Shag podcast. The hosts wang on for over eight long minutes before cutting to the interview with Sali. Apparently, “Not only is she a brilliant writer, she’s a brilliant thinker”. Sali actually makes some (to me) good points and sounds OK, more like I used to think she was (if that makes sense). And some dodgier statements too, as expected. Made in 2018, I think.

View attachment 595427View attachment 595428
I vaguely know one of the hosts but have never listened before. I stuck it out for about 12 mins and found it excruciating. SH benefited from comparison with the hosts but as far as I could tell they were all desperately trying to make a product out of an absolute nothing. Sometimes it's a good idea to have sex before it drags on and becomes an issue - well that's stating the obvious if you ignore (which they all did for the time I listened) all the reasons other than tiredness and parenthood that it might become an issue and that women might suffer low libido. I do apologise to them all if they addressed that after my ears involuntarily curled inward on themselves with embarrassment at the low production values.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 9
She has obviously spent the last 24hrs+ fixing her hair for a new IG profile pic. Still a bit brittle & crispy.

818B80E2-4E11-43E7-81DE-F7EA71DE4687.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I think the darker bit towards her roots tends to make her hair look a bit greasy in some photos.But she also could be using a tonne of product to stick the damage down.

Looks like very forced faux nonchalance. But dw sal you are still v attractive

• Haha
Reactions: 10
The colour really isn’t good and if that’s it manipulated and filtered, I dread to think how bad it is without.

I’m a massive LE fan and have followed since the early days when she was involved with No7. I messaged her once on FB and she responded directly with so much grace. She just comes across as such a lovely woman and talented to boot.

Not ashamed to say I’m happy to spend money on whatever products she comes up with and not been disappointed so far- have couple of her rings (the cheapest in the range) and 4-5 of her lipsticks, pencil, lips gloss and they are all great. Trying to avoid looking at the new products she’s released as only recently stocked up on couple of lovely blushes from Iconic and feel there no needed to spend more on new products.

To me she is a true star and a person that inspires people. Really enjoyed her make up documentary on the BBC.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
I think that’s her MO, nothing ever seems organic, very staged usually bordering on awkward.
Yes.
That was actually my impression when I listened to her episode on Griefcast. I've been listening to a lot of episodes recently to work through my own grief and my impression was that she was very uptight. Staged. I cannot quite pinpoint why I had that impression but maybe it's too image conscious? Definitely not relaxed and cool about anything.

I agree that is a nice picture, I also think a filter has been used or she’s sat in front of an actual stage light.

Reactions: 2
Her hair does look better there but I still have no idea why tf she thought it was worth it.
Also it looks like she now always puts a wee beachy wave in it as usually her hair is dead straight. So hot irons against already traumatised crispy hair.
(Also it might just be my phone/her lighting but on closer inspection I'm seeing slight greeny tinges on the dry lengths).

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.