Sali Hughes #33 Grifty shades of grey. It's a complex case.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hello you vile cabal of bovine drain folk.

I am on the holidays. I forgot sunblock today so I am kind of pink and tingly.

I found a thread on some other site from 2015 (!!!) asking why Sali had never featured Lisa Eldridge on In the Bathroom. https://gurugossiper.com/viewtopic.php?t=18091

My most recent (you know I buy loads of testers and I only love about 1 in 20) scent that has bowled me over is 1978 Le Bains Douches. It's kind of bitter, botanical and boozy. Not a gin and tonic - richer, like whisky but not straight up. There's wood and piney stuff. I've just checked and It's another Bertrand Douchafour - which is mad. I only bought three scents on holiday with me and one is En Passant (which isn't him) and the third is Miller Harris Sublime Blossom which is him but is NOTHING LIKE Bains Douches, it's just a lovely floral, but it's another that is 100% my kind of smell - the kind that I want to smell again and again.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
View attachment 596877
Can someone explain to me the “summer” part of this? I mean this is 100% an outfit I would wear but you could literally wear it year round in the UK, if anything it’s been TOO hot for this outfit. I just don’t understand her at all.
And she’s doubled down on it. What she actually means here is ‘Look, I got my trashed hair to look a tiny bit better’, but somehow it’s all about the arrival of summer...

ED8DDAEE-4554-4B70-982B-1D8D0E3987F3.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 6
No one is wearing a Breton in this weather, they are usually thick cotton with long sleeves. It was HOT today

Reactions: 4
I hate my arms so I’m a “summer”Breton-er. I do know I am being a twit though.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I don’t, you’re right. I just sweat my tits off until the welcome relief of autumn 😏

• Haha
Reactions: 7
My most recent (you know I buy loads of testers and I only love about 1 in 20) scent that has bowled me over is 1978 Le Bains Douches. It's kind of bitter, botanical and boozy. Not a gin and tonic - richer, like whisky but not straight up. There's wood and piney stuff. I've just checked and It's another Bertrand Douchafour - which is mad. I only bought three scents on holiday with me and one is En Passant (which isn't him) and the third is Miller Harris Sublime Blossom which is him but is NOTHING LIKE Bains Douches, it's just a lovely floral, but it's another that is 100% my kind of smell - the kind that I want to smell again and again.
Must try that - I used to go to Les Bains Douches in the late 70s (living in Paris at the time). Saw Joy Division there in 1979 - don't tell SH, or maybe do.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
The constant need for validation is dangerous, insidious and extremely unhealthy.

I'm really good at my job, if I were an extrovert, I'd probably be a lot more successful but I know my mental health could not cope with it as I don't like putting myself out there. I just like getting on with things in the background and doing a great job and building my reputation that way. I don't need industry recognition or awards to sustain me, seeing the success of my projects and clients is enough for me without my name being out there or schmoozing at industry events constantly.
That really resonates with me - I feel the same about my role, and there is value in enjoying being good at your job rather than living for the extrinsic praise. David Zweig's book 'Invisibles' is about just this, and as a complete introvert I found it really inspiring!

• Heart
Reactions: 14
They’re Stan Smiths 🧐
The other “I’m a cool mum” shoe. I had a right nightmare last time I needed trainers, didn’t want a giant, ugly gen z trainer but don’t want the yummy mummy, cool fashion girl Stan smith either.

I hate my arms so I’m a “summer”Breton-er. I do know I am being a twit though.
No shade, you would wear them at other times too though right? You don’t save them until the weather warms up and then declare it Breton season do you?

Reactions: 5
The other “I’m a cool mum” shoe. I had a right nightmare last time I needed trainers, didn’t want a giant, ugly gen z trainer but don’t want the yummy mummy, cool fashion girl Stan smith either.
I got pastel Air Force ones late last year and have waited for it to stop raining to crack them out. Don’t know if they are cool or not but they are v bouncy. I am loving the 90s throwbacks, I used to live in gazelles and shell toes.

Reactions: 6
A year round Breton-er 🙋🏼‍♀️(Classic or hideously unimaginative *you decide).

*Big Brother voice

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I got pastel Air Force ones late last year and have waited for it to stop raining to crack them out. Don’t know if they are cool or not but they are v bouncy. I am loving the 90s throwbacks, I used to live in gazelles and shell toes.
I used to love gazelles and shell toes too, I went for an Adidas sl80. Right up my street, low profile and a bit retro. Also considering Nike cortez for next time.

A year round Breton-er 🙋🏼‍♀️(Classic or hideously unimaginative *you decide).

*Big Brother voice
Same. Actually would consider it a summer jumper because my Aran is a bit much more hen it’s warm but I wouldn’t post it on Instagram as the marker of summer.

Reactions: 4
I only wear Superstars (shelltoes). It’s a devotion to RunDMC. Yes, and the year round Bretons. Pick it out of that fashion Gods (middle age middle class midlife crisis).

Reactions: 5
Nine Air Force have become ubiquitous because they are sooo comfortable. Also love Puma Vikky- affordable/ comfy and go with everything.

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.