Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Valiofthedolls

VIP Member
She irks the absolute holy hell out of me. The opening para of that Vogue article. What’s wrong with “sleeping with young men” REGARDLESS of your age if both you and said “young men” are consenting adults and how does one dress as a “college student”, you know, that totally homogenous bunch that they are. Its yet again her same schtick of snottily judging other women in contrast to her “I’m so edgy and interesting, me” ‘she here’ self.
Eleven plus years of this tired old ‘other women are shite, I’m so cool’. Also, going back to Vogue first para, how the hell does the face full of ‘weak dilute’ that has changed its shape and sent her eyebrows in desperate search of her hairline square with her ACCELERATING the aging process? Grrrr

Phew glad I’ve got that off my chest. Sorry :mad:As you were!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 30

Tesla's Ghost

VIP Member
Seeing the haircut ("wee fringe") again made me finally understand why I have Whitesnake's Here I Go Again in my head and why I have a sudden urge to roll myself sensually over a hood of a car.

So I will continue to wear the shades I like, keeping the same open mind and sense of experimentation as before as long as I'm being paid to do so. And I will end this shite article appropriately, i. e. with a pun: in the strong belief that the only thing a woman ever “should” do with her appearance, is whatever she damn well pleases – for me, there can be no grey area. 😒

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sick

Aude

VIP Member
It’s a mystery, get AC-12 on the case @NotDumbNotBlonde
AC-12 here. In one of the interviews publicising the Radio 4 programme, SH said that 'Becky' had apparently said that the only reason she could think of to explain why she had made mean comments here was because SH looked like a friend of hers with whom she was having difficulty.

The Mumsnet poster seems to have extrapolated from that to conclude that we are all having difficulty with someone we know who looks like SH. Or maybe it's that we all know, and are all having difficulty with, Becky's friend who looks like SH.

• Haha
  • Wow

LyraBalaqua

VIP Member
Wouldn’t it have been a better idea to have streaks of grey added to her dark hair , to make more of an impact and try to maintain some condition?

I can’t stop looking at her hair , it’s one thing leaving the salon/ training academy looking glossy-ish and tonged but it’s another when you’ve to maintain it yourself.

Something like this would have been lovely .

Attachments

• Heart

zcfthc5

Chatty Member
Has three fav purple shampoos already out of her ‘dozens’, despite having been grey for under a week?!

no wonder it looks dry if she is washing it so often

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29

Clovis

VIP Member
Also I thought Sali always asked herself: what would Madonna do? (Or was it Liz Taylor?) Could you imagine either of those asking a friend to sign up to a niche gossip site to set the record straight on how posh they were or weren't growing up 😅
This reminds me of a story Joan Rivers used to tell. Rivers was well known for her jokes about Elizabeth Taylor being fat, but she became concerned that it could upset Taylor so she asked mutual friend Roddy McDowall to intervene and ask Taylor if she wanted Rivers to stop. Taylor told her to carry on with the fat jokes as she really didn't give a fuck what anyone said about her.

• Heart
  • Haha

Annasho

There's a huge amount of value in listening to people like Caroline, who will give you a straight and honest opinion amidst simpering nonsense.
If you're 'pretty honest', why wouldn't you be into that?

I noted that loads of people had said nice things to her and she didn't even throw their posts a like. She ignored them completely and just focussed on her perceived persecution by a minority of people, some of whom thought her hair looked blonde. Oh the horror!

If She has so little humility and grace that she can't even be courteous to the people who think she's great, then she doesn't deserve them.

• Heart

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
New thread title was a joint effort between myself and @Badabing101.

* There was a Big Change and Sali has got a new hairdo. She has had it dyed grey. It had to be done at a special academy as it was such a complex case. PLEASE DON'T BE MEAN ABOUT IT HATERZ.
* Hershesons at last relented and Sali got her #gifted haircut 🎉 which included a wee soft fringe.
* Columns their usual standard - one on one moisturiser from Body Shop, another on a sustainable range of makeup from Zara. Presumably neither to be spoken of again.
* Sadly not much mention of potatoes 😥
* We won't talk about Quizness.

• Haha
  • Heart

Tesla's Ghost

VIP Member
Just read her responses :LOL:. I bet the tendons were pulsating.

And India Knight liking your hair must be the ultimate slap in the face
⚰⚱👻

The only possible reason to keep India around is to use her as a litmus test. If she likes your boyfriend, dump him immediately (maybe even alert the police). If she likes your hair, get a wig. Etc.

Last edited:
  • Haha

MakkaPakka

VIP Member
While things may be changing slowly, there is no doubt that both the beauty industry and consumers remain youth-obsessed. But I have never lied about my age, and one thing that I have never been able to tolerate is being told – either directly or indirectly – how I should look.

I am not about to “go natural” for its own sake and the patronising term “growing old gracefully” practically makes me want to bathe in Botox. My hair does not mean I am “embracing old age”

Right. Guess WHY consumers remain youth-obsessed...

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 28

Aude

VIP Member
I increasingly find myself questioning the motives and mentality of people that do need to feel that they're special and different and the people who enable it. What do they get out of it?
I often wonder about this, the people who lavish SH with admiration and gratitude in their Instagram comments. Why?

Having read the comments on the new hair colour on Tattle, Mumsnet and Instagram, I can report:
  • Tattle - mixed views. Generally negative - colour not great, condition looks wrecked, upkeep a nightmare - but some saying it looks lovely and some saying it looks ok
  • Mumsnet - mixed views. Largely as per Tattle but perhaps more positive comments but also the suggestion that she's using hair extensions and not being open about it
  • Instagram - 100% it's fabulous.
In the days when SH and associates used to trade insults about here on Twitter, one particular insult was that the discussion here wasn't 'normal', no 'normal' person would engage in it. I think it's the Instagram commentary that isn't 'normal'.

• Heart

Yel

Chatty Member
Jack Monroe visited her thread, got asked some questions then left and got banned from returning.
Jack Monroe didn't actually get banned, we asked her to stop posting as she was being disruptive and it wasn't going anywhere good.

You'd be surprised the amount of people that contact tattle saying this thread is about me and I want it deleted thanks. There's a huge lack of understanding that once you put yourself out there as an influencer you can no longer control the narrative. It's a murky old world with turning your personal life into a commodity. There's my rough plans as to how to address this in tattles law but oddly enough influencers didn't get on board with that 😆 https://limegoss.com/tattles-law/ . The name isn't serious, it's ideas to address the issues as a whole rather than just "shut tattle down and everything will be fixed".
The claim of positive and supportive posts being deleted was discussed here during the time of the documentary and Yel checked it- Yel even posted receipts here to show the posts that *were* deleted, the posts that were deleted were obvious trolls
Thanks, yep that's pretty much the case. People aren't banned for correcting stuff they'd be banned for the "you're all sad scum of the earth loosers" that they start their post off with. People that are the dictionary definition of trolling (posting to disrupt a community) are banned. But Sali never lets the truth get in the way.

I do love how one single post (selling her children) that was clearly a joke she's still feasting on and misrepresenting 😆

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha

MakkaPakka

VIP Member
WHY does she have a forum and social media if she can't cope with the slightest bit of...well, not even criticism, just..different opinions without being BITCHY?

• Haha
  • Angry

SqualorVictoria

VIP Member
Given how much she seems to dislike it I predict another change shortly followed by a Vogue article titled "I tried grey. And it wasn't for me". An inevitable pun at the end, something like: the maintenance was too much. In the end, I decided this grey didn't matter

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27

SqualorVictoria

VIP Member
That line "it doesn't matter what you want to call it as long as I'm happy". What a cow! If it's just for yourself why the Vogue article and multiple Instagram posts? Why is it even in the public domain?

• Angry
  • Haha
Reactions: 27