Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

SqualorVictoria

VIP Member
To add to what others have said, Sali this place is about you (influencers), not for you. There is really nothing to be gained from you reading here when it upsets you so much. Instead why not focus on the hundreds of comments from people that praise you? You get more praise from one Instagram post than most people will see in a lifetime.

If it's not Sali reading here and it's her friends, to them I would like to say: please stop encouraging this. This isn't primary school where you have to rush back and report to your friend what is being said. I'm sorry to say but none of us here owe Sali anything- she is a public figure to us. You are the one that's supposed to be a friend.

• Heart
Reactions: 35

SqualorVictoria

VIP Member
She seriously needs to chill. There was nothing wrong with Liv's comment. It's possible that there might be people on the group who don't know about every single sentence she has ever written in her life

Reactions: 35

NotDumbNotBlonde

VIP Member
Okay so might get blocked from GTL and following on IG. I am the Autistic woman who posted in her group. Most of us state exactly what we see and can't avoid being unfiltered. We literally learn to lie by interacting with neurotypicals who often bullshit. We lack that skill and therefore often say what we think and as an earlier poster mentioned we are often worth listening to as our thoughts are simply honest not rude (while to neurotypicals it comes across as exactly that - rude ) My thoughts after the interaction were there are millions of autistic women and men most of us are blunt, direct etc most of us love social media as it is easier than interacting face to face. Sali didn't know I was autistic but surely everyone not just influencers needs to learn to accept those that are different from themselves. I didn't even mean brassy blonde in a rude way. I actually think it looks nice but from the photo isn't grey. Sali - if you are reading - you can't always get nice comments believe me anyone who is autistic knows this, no environment works like that and if all you want is praise then get off social media - it is a tough environment to hang out in - also educate yourself on neurodiversity it is very common.
Welcome and I'm really glad you felt welcome to post here. This thread is such a lovely group of thoughtful, incisive, compassionate and funny women.

I only got my ASD DX 2 years ago aged 57 after a lifetime of struggle and misunderstandings. I tie myself in knots trying not to be too blunt but still stuff slips out and I'm bemused why people feel hurt.

• Heart
Reactions: 34

SqualorVictoria

VIP Member
Love that snobby comment too. 'She's a journalist, not Katie Price'. So it would be ok to discuss Katie Price but because Sali is a 'journalist' it's abuse? So classist!

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 33

MakkaPakka

VIP Member
My husband has a preference for brunettes, but I felt confident he (greying himself) wasn’t about to pack his bags, and anyway, he felt strongly that silver would suit me

I feel strongly I didn't need to know that.

• Haha
Reactions: 32

Annasho

After telling the internet and Vogue how much you love your hair and asking people not to say anything mean, you immediately had to come here to check whether people were being mean? Take responsibility for your actions, Sali! Do something else with your time.

Some people don't like your hair and others seem to think you're the bravest and most heroic woman they've ever encountered. That's silly because actually, none of this is has any importance. At the end of the day it's just some bloody hair dye and people are allowed to love, hate, or feel indifferent about it. It doesn't matter.

If this site really bothered you, you'd learn how to block it, not bring it up endlessly, inaccurately describing what's said here to people who never asked to hear about it.

• Heart

MakkaPakka

VIP Member
Someone who called their book "Pretty Honest" should be able to deal with honesty.
There was nothing rude about your comment @clondon
And: welcome

• Heart
In Sali's recent column re The Body Shop's Avocado Body Butter, she said that it could also be put in the bath to make a soothing milky bath. I have a sample. I've just tried it. It definitely doesn't work. I'm lying in a bath with flecks of undissolved body cream in it.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 31

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
Another chilled response...

View attachment 592556
Nope. So not bothered at all then 😂
The passive aggression oozes from every word.

And tut tut Liv. Sali didn't say complicated she said COMPLEX. So completely different.

If it was so fucking difficult and hard to maintain and they had to make so many compromises I am seriously struggling with why the hell she bothered? As I suspect is she.

Who knew the trigger to push her over the edge was to call her BLONDE.
And India Knight liking your hair must be the ultimate slap in the face 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 31

Prognosis Negative

I feel really angry that Sali bullied an autistic woman into apologising for being autistic on the GTL thread.

the world is hard enough to navigate if you are autistic without being hounded for not realising it was an ego stroking thread.
I saw that and as a fellow autistic woman I felt for her.

Computer and phone screen colour renditions vary so much, why did Hughes get so butthurt about it all? Hughes is a f-ing thinskinned bitch - she can dish it out but she can't take it.
Autistic woman here also, I'm not on the group so have only seen ss on these threads and her replies to people elsewhere. It is hard enough without people moving the goalposts constantly! Stating anything that isn't totally truthful isn't something my brain can cope with tbh.

I'm never ever purposely rude or comment about anything other than the subject at hand though, and I always have a suggestion to improve anything I'm trying to advise constructively on.

Perhaps Sali should write a disclaimer to specify that only fawning and sycophantic replies are required? Also as someone working in media and beauty for this long she really should have a grasp of colour balancing her pictures correctly to compensate for changing light conditions and an idea about how they will display on different devices and screens. If it's not photographing correctly still, just say so?

Also it is brassy! Uneven lift can be a factor when bleaching longer hair if you don't do it carefully, my hair in the photo was uneven and brassy in places because it had grown out for a year before I lifted it all again. I can only achieve really pale and consistent easy lift when my regrowth is a couple of inches max, any longer and I won't get a perfect result because of my hair type so I compensate by mixing and applying dyes as needed to blend it a bit.

An actual #expertcolourist in a good salon would have been able to avoid this though. If I had been to a salon to have my virgin hair bleached I would expect to have very clean results, especially after toning too.
I would be so pissed off having sat there for hours to achieve that result, it looks very much like her hair wasn't light enough in places for the Goldwell dye/toner to work properly but they put it on anyway?

But all this extra stuff about other allergen free options/realistic expectations based on hair type could have gone in the article if she'd been inclined to look into it at all. Would have been a much more interesting read tbh.

• Heart
Reactions: 30

usandthem

I’m a massive LE fan and have followed since the early days when she was involved with No7. I messaged her once on FB and she responded directly with so much grace. She just comes across as such a lovely woman and talented to boot.

Not ashamed to say I’m happy to spend money on whatever products she comes up with and not been disappointed so far- have couple of her rings (the cheapest in the range) and 4-5 of her lipsticks, pencil, lips gloss and they are all great. Trying to avoid looking at the new products she’s released as only recently stocked up on couple of lovely blushes from Iconic and feel there no needed to spend more on new products.

To me she is a true star and a person that inspires people. Really enjoyed her make up documentary on the BBC.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 30