Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Clovis

VIP Member
AdmirableBronzeFlea-small.gif

WTF is she so angry about? I'd be off having a satisfying walk along the pebbly beach in my cheering Breton top rather than worrying about what a bunch of lonely embittered sewer rats have to say about a new 'do.

Truly baffling.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27

dunhill

Oh my god the wiggy comment about her natural hair. Savagery!
Eek, that is actually my comment! But her 'original' hair does look like a wig. It's too solid a colour and heavy (which is remarkable given how fine her hair is)

Like Sali (I've managed to spell her name correctly this time), I'm 30% grey and have used lockdown to embrace my grey. However, despite going to the hairdressers to speed things along, my colourist refused to dye my roots which is the exact opposite to what Sali has had done. And I agree with many that her hair is a light ashy blonde for the most part. The thing that is most apparent is that it just not a very good dye job. Luckily for Sali, she did not have to pay for it. I know if my colourist had done that to me, I'd have demanded my money back, had someone else to adjust the colour and started looking for a new colourist.

As I am new to this thread, I just want to say I have never been a fan of Sali, I have always found her disingenuous in the same way as Caroline Hirons. And having fallen for CH's schill, I saw through Sali pretty quickly. Also, and most pertinently, I just don't think Sali is a good writer or journalist, so mostly avoid her and her 'work' until yesterday on Mumsnet.

• Heart
  • Haha

WinterSolstice

VIP Member

Attachments

• Haha
  • Heart

GossipMongoose

VIP Member
It's all so ewwwww. You can say your husband was supportive (if you must) without squicking everybody out.
Also, as if anyone’s husband actually would leave them for a bog standard change in hair colour 🙄. Your brunetteness might’ve helped to initially attract him but presumably it’s not his sole reason for sticking around? Such a pointless comment.

melfish

VIP Member
One thing is certain, it will be the most unique menopause in the history of all menopauses 🦄

• Haha
Reactions: 26

MissHavisham

Chatty Member
I’m a massive LE fan and have followed since the early days when she was involved with No7. I messaged her once on FB and she responded directly with so much grace. She just comes across as such a lovely woman and talented to boot.

Not ashamed to say I’m happy to spend money on whatever products she comes up with and not been disappointed so far- have couple of her rings (the cheapest in the range) and 4-5 of her lipsticks, pencil, lips gloss and they are all great. Trying to avoid looking at the new products she’s released as only recently stocked up on couple of lovely blushes from Iconic and feel there no needed to spend more on new products.

To me she is a true star and a person that inspires people. Really enjoyed her make up documentary on the BBC.
LE reminds me of Nigella. Aside from the success thing, they're both so lovely and gracious on social media. I swear Nigella must have to spend two hours every day replying 'Looks delicious!' or 'Fabulous!' to people who tweet her pics of their dinner or cake.

• Haha
  • Heart

Disillusioned

VIP Member
It’s going swimmingly on MN this evening. Even Paul Hollywood’s bollocks have got involved. You don’t get that here.

98F436F1-3D14-43F1-80D3-3EFC6FDC5669.jpeg
AF641D8F-3DD4-46C7-A5CE-0FA99176E3D3.jpeg

Even her uber fan says “she’s screwed up her hair and is styling it out...”. This could not have gone better.

• Haha

Missypissy

It's the moment when she say "Hi ya..." like some has told her "be nice to them" when you hate someone and its your bitchface and venomous voice. Then her inflections and lack of enthusiasm for the person she's talking with. I know from that we wouldn't get on, she's so icey cold in her manner. No warmth or friendliness to her.
That Hiya...it really does tell you everything about her. The smile never reaches her eyes as she says it in that clenched way. Like an assistant in a boutique asking can I help you when she has just seen you gulp at a price tag.

• Haha
  • Heart

Kinvarra

How does she know she has no regrets? It’s been a matter of hours (well days). This speaks well to her trialling of all that goo she’s been recommending to us.

She really is full of shit.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
Looks like some high scoring Sali bingo in this, I only skim read and already got paleness and Zoom references
Haven't read it yet - do horrible trolls get a mention?

ETA - read it and sadly no.
That really is a very unflattering after photo. Her hair doesn't look grey there but sort of yellowy.
And I still fail to understand her revulsion for a few grey hairs. Hardly empowering getting older is it? Having to undergo such a massive change to make a huge statement to hide how actually grey she was (not very).
I'm not making myself clear as really I don't care about Sali's hair, but it isn't the hugely empowering and embracing age gesture she implies.
She now can tediously make herself a spokesperson for aging whilst again never mentioning the tweakments or Botox. We've never had a video or Vogue article about that have we?

Last edited:

SqualorVictoria

VIP Member
I can never understand when people push the 'those trolls are so jealous of Sali!' narrative. Someone on the Mumsnet post even suggested it recently, they said people dislike her because she's very pretty and has a nice life. If that were the case no one would have a good word to say about Lisa as she is very pretty and has an enviable career and life.

• Heart

Missypissy

I am agog at her inability to style it out. Once again she is demonstrating that in Sali Land opinions are only valid if you are paid to have them and they align with hers. Nearly went down the dying it all grey route myself recently...luckily I have a hairdresser who said you will never maintain it and it won't turn out how you want it to. She gave me a good trim and I was chuffed #ipaid

• Haha
  • Heart

melfish

VIP Member
Am I right in saying this all stemmed from someone on the facebook group saying her hair looked blonde, talking about her in the third person and saying her case was complicated instead of complex?!
Yes, Sali was displeased by two adjectives and a pronoun

• Haha

Brian Butterfield

VIP Member
I don't enjoy celebrity and I'm very aware of the desperation that surrounds it. It's an odd lifestyle to pursue.

We're all just people. Some of us are good at our jobs, hugely talented, massively skilled, beautiful, intelligent, charismatic, funny, but we don't all need or get a round of applause! We don't all need to document our every move, every makeup application, every 'witty' interaction with our friends. As normal folk, we just get on with our lives. It's all fine.

I increasingly find myself questioning the motives and mentality of people that do need to feel that they're special and different and the people who enable it. What do they get out of it?
I would say that a good 90% if not more of influencers and very active posters on social media all rate very high on the narcissism spectrum.

The constant need for validation is dangerous, insidious and extremely unhealthy.

I'm really good at my job, if I were an extrovert, I'd probably be a lot more successful but I know my mental health could not cope with it as I don't like putting myself out there. I just like getting on with things in the background and doing a great job and building my reputation that way. I don't need industry recognition or awards to sustain me, seeing the success of my projects and clients is enough for me without my name being out there or schmoozing at industry events constantly.

Sali, being the thin-skinned narcissist she is, really should not be an influencer. End of.

She'll never admit though because of her enormously fragile ego.

PS - Sal, I'm 42 (not there yet - but nearly!) and I haven't coloured my hair for two years. I'm letting my mousey (once white blonde) hair grow out because it is in the best condition it's been in since I was 12. I'd rather have healthier thicker hair than some candyfloss brassy shite. Stop trying to be something you're not and just be YOU. You will be SO much more content.

Last edited:
  • Heart