Sali Hughes #33 Grifty shades of grey. It's a complex case.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The mumsnet Sali Hughes goes Grey thread is worth a read. Compare and contrast with here!
Doing anything to avoid the work I'm supposed to get done by Monday, I've read the Mumsnet thread and all the comments under that 2010 Guardian article about not being a proper mum.

At what point will SH come to terms with the fact that if she puts content online people will express their views on it - whether btl on the Guardian, on Mumsnet or Tattle - and that they won't necessarily be what she wants to hear? (And, in the case of the Guardian, that if she writes about her family in a published article, comments will also mention her family.) And that these are the views of a wide range of people, not just the dozen she seems to think are commenting here because they have, unaccountably, taken against her.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 21
It’s a deluded kind of privilege (is it?) to take the position that anyone who disagrees with you or is critical of your output, is a dribbling spittle spraying troll.

There must be no appraisal in the creative world.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Oh my, that thread on the other site is hysterical. I can see how it would trigger her meltdown. And it’s only got worse this afternoon...

3CB6A494-A5A6-47A3-A323-964F9EDBEC26.jpeg
6BCD770F-D583-4133-BCC0-CC30F0D3BC0D.jpeg
749F78D3-75AB-49ED-9F1A-CC7B99593E08.jpeg
1B467F74-B311-4E3B-8D1B-400708FCA75C.jpeg
B0A31946-5F14-4B37-AE2F-49577516CACA.jpeg
7BF03C82-2573-4DDA-8C79-8AAD648DC0A5.jpeg
FCC9896A-184F-4CC7-A745-8EC91D964140.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 14
This morning I was a member of the GTL group - this evening I am blocked. Interesting. She's definitely reading here guys.

I should say I have never ever commented or posted on GTL...

Also blocked from Instagram. duck she IS angry!
What is this GTL group?! I’m so curious now!!

• Wow
Reactions: 1
What is this GTL group?! I’m so curious now!!
Sali Hughes: Get the Look. Her facebook group. Usually full of foaming at the mouth fans, but some dissenters have accused her of looking blonde and all hell has broken loose

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
She has said on twitter that her son has finished school forever. She said to someone else 'we should all be proud whatever the bullshit results'. She has such a chip on her shoulder about her own lack of formal education. I would be pretty pissed if my parents told me that the hard work I had put in towards my final school year exams didn't matter as they were 'bullshit results'. That kind of thing is a milestone at that age
Could she be referring to the fact teachers are assessing for results this year not exams? I think a lot of parents are discouraged about this because it’s unknown how the grades will be conjured up.

Reactions: 4
Love that snobby comment too. 'She's a journalist, not Katie Price'. So it would be ok to discuss Katie Price but because Sali is a 'journalist' it's abuse? So classist!

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 33
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.