Sali Hughes #33 Grifty shades of grey. It's a complex case.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yes the problem comes from only lightening to the nicotine blonde.
You can lighten all the way to white, however the longer you leave bleach on, the more it will destroy your hair. It’s possible to leave it on to white and then a few days later your hair just starts to break off! I would hope the colourist lifted it as far as possible without hitting the point where it would break.
Using a toner on the greys she had wouldn’t make much difference as she didn’t have many and they were spread out in patches. She can’t dye the greys darker, toning them would act as a highlighter.
Given she can’t use the dyes with the PDD PDT really her only option left was bleach. Personally I would recommend in her predicament trying microlights first.

Reactions: 2
It’s possible to leave it on to white and then a few days later your hair just starts to break off!
So true! I did that once. Long hair that needed a big chop anyway. So we fried the last 20 cm with bleach and went to town on it with directions. Pink, blue etc. It lasted for about 2 weeks and the breakage was bad but we had planned to cut it all off anyway. Doing that on hair that you want to keep is a gamble. My hair felt plastic, basically exactly like Barbie hair.

Reactions: 5
Re: Lisa Eldridge: I wonder is Sali perceived a snub from Lisa at some point - maybe Lisa refused an invite onto ITB because let's face it, she hardly needs to waste her time doing that tit.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Speaking of In The Bathroom: I liked the one with Morag Ross and thought her (Morag's) hair looked lovely.

So true! I did that once. Long hair that needed a big chop anyway. So we fried the last 20 cm with bleach and went to town on it with directions. Pink, blue etc. It lasted for about 2 weeks and the breakage was bad but we had planned to cut it all off anyway. Doing that on hair that you want to keep is a gamble. My hair felt plastic, basically exactly like Barbie hair.
Wow! Yes even with microlights you can tell that some of your hair has been bleached and has a different texture. If you try that and don’t like it, then you know not to fraz your full head...

Reactions: 1
seems like she used a huge hammer to crack a small nut.
I've got more grays than she does, and it's still not 30% regardless of her "legal" understanding of percentages and packaging. Like it was pointed so many times - she is NOT going gray, she just (heroically) coloured her hair.
I'm 37, not thinking of going gray, I'm still too vain and superficial, and when I get addressed as Miss, I radiate happiness. Usually it's depleted uranium.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I had blonde highlights and was also all over box blonde for many years and over the last few years and lockdown have grown out my natural colour. It needs a good cut but it’s probably in the best condition it’s been for a really long time. However, it’s fine but there is loads of it and it gets really heavy and I actually miss the texture of highlights being able to make it a bit more messy. I don’t like overly done or smooth hair on me. Planning to blonde it again, soon. My hair is really tough, but will cut a good bit off to be sure.

Reactions: 4
She makes it sound like she’s super busy. Where are the results of all these hours of writing?

• Haha
I hate* her because she gets back into bed after WAKING UP!! at 7.30 to get her boys up.

*not really but she’s intensely irritating.

3000 emails ,

• Haha
Reactions: 9
That Get The Gloss "article" is just an elaborate advert for Head & Shoulders. How mortifying. Not cheering at all.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Is "pick up my emails" a thing? I just look or read mine.
Anyone else find it difficult to imagine her laughing?

• Haha
Reactions: 9
'I have a collection of hundreds of perfumes!' I wonder does she have multiple bottles of each perfume for every handbag or drawer

• Haha
Such bollocks, grey as a hair colour trend has been around for a few years now, is still alive and kicking and is well known in the beauty industry 🙄
Yes I was thinking the same thing! If this was written 5 or so years ago, fair enough. But yes this is hardly revolutionary!

Sali Hughes is an ambassador for Head and Shoulders”

Goodness. I wonder what they think of her current hair condition?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
THE BEST ADVICE I'VE BEEN GIVEN
"Oh, so many. 'You will work with everyone again, so be nice from the first time'.

It’s a goodie- explains why SH seems to only have time and patience for blue tickers. The local reformer PLATES centre mention made me chuckle- such an unfortunate misspelling.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
“I have one in every handbag, and this is the hill I will die on” for thread title!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
That and a pillow talk lipliner and you’re sorted

I saw a Nadine Baggott & Jo Jones on an IGTV today and Jo is pregnant! Fair play to her, she’s a year older than me and I always wanted a third baby and now I’m wondering….

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.