Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
I just don't get it. She acts like she hates her followers/fans the way she speaks to them on IG and Twitter 🤷‍♀️
It is wierd. And has been going on for ages. Quite a few people came here and would say 'I used to be a fan but she was incredibly rude to me on Twitter/IG/FB'.
One of the reasons I started waking up to her was a very rude response to me to a completely harmless question about moisturiser or something in The Guardian comments (years ago).

{{{Haha just realised that makes me sound so petty and holding a grudge 'she was rude to me once years ago' 😂. But more to it than that. And no I'm not one of the ones kicked off the FB group for being racist}}}

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15

Houseplantkiller

I do hate it when people say the beach their back garden. It’s about 15 mins walk away from where she lives. You can hardly just pop there in your slippers can you.

• Haha

Disillusioned

VIP Member
I don’t know where to start with today’s crock o’ shite... From actual pressure sores to a “mid-shift spritz”” that “lacks sex appeal” in one column. How is this tripe possibly useful to anyone actually struggling with the effects of PPE? It isn’t. It’s just a way of promoting her personal charity.

Last edited:
  • Sick
  • Sad

SqualorVictoria

VIP Member
As terrible as it sounds I do think Sali is too thin skinned to be an influencer/ public figure. The comments made at her are usually fairly mild (e.g Brighton beach being shit)

SqualorVictoria

VIP Member
This book will really be the gift that keeps on giving.

What I don't understand is that Sali's demographic will already have a lot of life experience and won't need things like contraceptive and poaching eggs Salisplained to them.

A life guide might be handy for a teenager but a teenager is not likely to read a book on the subjects mentioned. And they'll have their own influencers they follow. I'm not saying Sali doesn't have any teenage fans but I couldn't imagine it's a huge number

So who the hell is it for?

Disillusioned

VIP Member
She’s just replied to a month-old snarky tweet... Must have an overwhelming need to get snippy today. What my mum would call “looking for trouble”. Also the irony in her reply 😉

• Haha
  • Wow

cholulamare

Chatty Member
Taking perfumes out of their boxes and leaving them in direct sunlight is a surefire way to make them go off quickly. Always store them in their boxes with the lids on.
On that note... These are some of the comments under her post. I could not find the much-referenced "earlier answer", and not for lack of trying. Warm and helpful to her followers, as always 🥴

Attachments

• Haha
  • Angry

SqualorVictoria

VIP Member
I did have a little lol to myself when I saw they'd described her as an 'influencer' (she posted it on her stories that's where I saw it first). She definitely had a word 😄 🤭
I can imagine her spitting with fury. "I am not an INFLUENCER. I am an EXPERT CONTENT CREATOR. Have you not seen my Hush ads!"

• Haha
Reactions: 14

Aude

VIP Member
I don't understand- even in the other perfume video you could hardly see her bedroom, just the mantelpiece with the perfumes. And the photos of her kids. But other than that you couldn't see any of the room
I didn't understand either. I think in the perfume video she said that it was her bedroom but as far as I recall it could have been any room with a mantelpiece.

And yet I often see her posting photographs of herself in what I assume is her bedroom - sitting on a bed, sitting on the floor in front of a bed, standing in front of a bed - with the room very much more obviously a bedroom than in the perfume video.

• Heart
  • Haha
I was just about to post about Sali’s naff hush ads!

View attachment 440959

View attachment 440961

@Mselvista’s post below was bang on the money!!

ETA: is it just me or does Sali’s boot look like the upper is coming apart from the sole? Look at the second pic in the bottom right hand corner. Her style is soooo skanky.
Why didn’t she just wait a few days for a blue sky/sparkly sea day, rather than a foggy pea-souper that makes it look like she’s wearing sunglasses because she’s had laser eye surgery?

• Haha

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
  • Angry

Heidic

Has anyone seen her Instagram make up post this morning? She makes a point of saying she bought it all herself, then lists about 6 items that were gifted 😂😂😂 'this was all bought by me except *cue very long list*'. Hilarious.

• Haha
  • Sad

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
She had that quirky, indie sort of look back then. Now she has undifferentiated influencer face
Yes she was indie looking, and (I've said before) had a sort of Clare Grogan in Gregory's Girl kind of style. I actually found her relatable in the world of beauty 😂
Plus, and this is a huge caveat, I was not on twitter. I can't ever believe I would have admired her seeing her twitter presence back then.

melfish

VIP Member
I fully agree. A charity should have clear aims and objectives and not just attach itself to a cause du jour. I'm not saying that NHS workers didn't and don't work their asses off, but those who experienced hygiene poverty will still be experiencing it and often worse so than before the pandemic.

Also: side note and I don't want to offend anyone here but I kind of feel that other essential workers like supermarket workers have been ignored. NHS workers do amazing work and in tough conditions but many others also work in tough conditions but were mostly ignored
Also medical professionals are trained for this, hospitals are sterile environments. The staff has top of the line protective gear. Supermarket employees, meanwhile, have cloth masks and - at least here - often have to deal with hostile mask-deniers

Sali would say her charity has been “agile” in responding to an unprecedented global event. 🙄 #bandwagon
But doctors are so sexy, amirate?

Last edited:
  • Haha