Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Disillusioned

VIP Member
It’s the music that gets me, in general I hate music on Instagram, it always comes blasting out of my phone unexpectedly and always seems kind of.. cringey... to sound like my teen. Does anyone other than kids and influencers use music on Instagram?
I have no idea, but I bloody love Morcheeba and their summer of 1998 vibe. And now she’s fucking ruined it with her February winter pebble beach and plague-era clothing. The arse!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16

melfish

VIP Member
It presumes an awful lot. Where is her authority coming from on, well, everything? I am stuck on the sheer arrogance of it. It's her on twitter, but a book. Declaring this or that to be the best, or the only way. Ugh

If I read it, I'd probably go out and commit a crime 🤣

• Haha

melfish

VIP Member
Why deal in absolutes all the time? Time and time again she does this.

Some of us have time on our hands - I do and some people I know do too. Also some people I know very much don’t. I am able to understand that other people are having a different experience from me.
The absolutes hurt my head. It's constant with her. Everything is a superlative, everything is binary. Her main problem though is that, like all narcissists, she has ZERO empathy

The charity is a stand-in for where her feelings would go

Actually, no it's not. The charity is another opportunity for self-aggrandisement, as well as a shield to deflect criticism

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Angry

Disillusioned

VIP Member
It’s like she’s declared a petty war on anyone who isn’t familiar with her complete oeuvre. Or, god forbid, hopes for a quick up to date rec without trawling through her #thousands of poorly disguised ads.

• Heart
  • Haha

Badabing101

VIP Member
God the point is being missed so much by FeeBee... yes the UNDERAGE girls might have been into it, but they were still underage and were more than likely manipulated however subtlety ... flattered, wooed, coerced etc. That’s the point - the power in balance with a MAN. 😬

• Angry

SqualorVictoria

VIP Member
I mentioned a Q and A Sali did on the forum. Just logged in a few minutes ago and have copied some of the comments here. It was called Open Make Up Surgery

Poster: No update for 6 days on the blog and no response to any of the posted questions or indication about when there might be some answers. Is it just me who finds this frustrating and discouraging?

Poster 2: it's not a live Q&A session.

Hughes is a really busy woman - I'm just grateful we have an opportunity to have a beauty pro of her knowledge and experience offer to help fifty of us - at no cost apart from that of her own valuable time.

Just be patient, I don't think instant gratification is the name of the game here. To use words like "frustrating and discouraging" seems rather churlish and unfair, IMO

SH:
Hi
I always said within the week. My intention was always to do it yesterday as I was in America all week. Unfortunately I arrived home early yesterday morning and was floored by the most horrific jetlag. I've never had it before and it's been awful. I couldn't even see the screen straight to type. I had already cleared today to do it.
Likewise, I have not updated the home page because I was in the States making content for it. I'm a one woman operation and was on a different timezone so couldn't do both. This is my job but sometimes certain parts of it - especially when time sensitive - have to take priority over others and I have to make that call. It will be worth it, I believe.
I'm sorry to those who are frustrated and discouraged that I'm a day late. I will issue you with a full refund. Oh wait.

Poster 3: Errr, yes. I suspect it is. The rest of us appreciate getting independent expert advice for nothing.

• Wow
  • Haha
  • Sick

Grizzlybear

VIP Member
I am CRINGING at how awkward this ad is 😭 and how horrid this outfit is - and I am a fan of all elements (black, animal print, large sunnies etc)

• Haha

Shineyshine

VIP Member
I agree with everything else you say but you would have no idea if you knew any paedophiles or not. It is actually quite likely that many of us are on friendly terms with at least one and have absolutely no idea.
I know @Jelly Bean will want to reply, but I’ll just say it may be that many of us are on friendly terms with a paedophile and have no idea. If we knew what said person had done / was doing, I’m sure we would be horrified, report accordingly and no longer continue any acquaintance. The difference here is that Eric Joyce has been caught and outed, with a criminal record, yet certain media types, Sali included, don’t seem to have a problem continuing their relationship.

• Heart

Badabing101

VIP Member
Fucking hell - EXPERT content creator. Maybe my job description should say expert marketing director or expert account manager. Jeez

Fucking hell - EXPERT content creator. Maybe my job description should say expert marketing director or expert account manager. Jeez

So aghast I said it twice.

• Haha

The Dowager

Chatty Member
The grifting. The sunglasses on a cloudy day. The excess XS. The sheer bloody awkwardness of it all.

She’s well and truly crossed the Rubicon.

• Haha
  • Sad

rosemarina

VIP Member
Yes, I don't think we should be poking the bear. There's every chance that person is not a Tattler and just hates her, though. I should imagine she winds a lot of people up :D.

• Haha

Runestone

Meanwhile companies pay a lot of money for the engagement she gets and her response is basically get lost figure it out yourself.

• Sick

SqualorVictoria

VIP Member
Sali directing people to this thread via the Freaky Friday video was full Streisand. It was a fairly slow moving thread before then but a lot of people came to see what the fuss was

• Heart

Missypissy

Listen, you ignorant bitches, WATCH IT ON REELS. No way in fuck am I listing the brands and shades I’m shilling. REELS, BITCHES, REELS! 🙄
I am hearing Sali's replies in the voice of that fella in the Jackie Weaver viral video. The fewmin one telling her to read the standing orders
"Read the product captions on reels Jackie Weaver. Read them and understand them"

• Haha

WinterSolstice

VIP Member
Judging by how short she is with public queries vs how verbose she is in her columns, the Guardian must have a great per-word rate 🙂🤑

• Haha

GTL Old-Timer

VIP Member
So, since the increased focus here on Sali’s racism and anti Asian/Rihanna bullshit, she’s heartily recommended TWO Fenty products and a bowl of “Korean quick noodles”.

The word you’re looking for is RAMEN, you clueless twat. Even “instant noodles” would suffice! 🤦🏻‍♀️

C791D68D-BAD3-49B2-A1BB-7E4149A6B3ED.png

• Haha
  • Sick

Blahblahbuzzy

The Ordinary do a glycolic toner that might be good for you? Nice big bottle, not expensive and they definitely deliver all over Europe.
They have other exfoliators too - salicylic, lactic etc. Worth a look: https://theordinary.deciem.com/gb/rdn-glycolic-acid-7pct-toning-solution-240ml.html
I like the Superdrug toner too (and loads of other things from the Superdrug range, it's such a bargain) and I've liked the Ordinary skincare I've had. Quite like their foundation and concealer too for the price.

Made the grave error today of allowing myself to be influenced. Someone slap me 😭 I'm having a world-recording breaking miscarriage that's been going on for months and I felt so sorry for myself after my latest hospital trip this morning. My favourite Bobbi Brown tinted moisturiser has just run out and I watched Cher Webb's reel this morning with a L'oreal thing that looked similar. It's only 10.99 so much cheaper that the Bobbi one and I was miserable so I popped into Superdrug on my way home to get some. Decided to get the same shade as Cher even though she looks like she's waaaay fairer than me because I prefer a lighter base that I can warm up. It was 3 for 2 so stupid me also bought another L'oreal moisturiser thing that looked similar and (THANK GOD my favourite Maybelline Lash Sensational oil mascara). Came home to wash my face and try it out, get some glow back to my sad, grey, iron-deficient pallor and I am bright orange. Literally, orange. I've been influenced to glow like a fecking oompa loompa. I think the only thing that will save me is to get a 1million mega watt ring light and take a selfie, because that way NOBODY CAN ACTUALLY TELL WHAT COLOUR IT IS OR WHAT IT REALLY LOOKS LIKE 😭

• Heart

Perpet

The way SH talks about using acid daily in the morning - "why sleep through the glow?" - as though this in some way makes her hard core, or as SH might say "nails", surely contributes to this overuse being seen as desirable. Like people who go on about how hot a curry they can eat, how much alcohol they drink or indeed how strong they like their tea as thoug it's an interesting personality trait or to do otherwise is a sort moral weakness.
I saw her say this in an interview with someone and it perplexed me. Acids work by dissolving the stuff that bonds dead skin cells to the rest of your skin, no? This can't happen instantly, surely? I always use an acid toner at night so that I can wash any exfoliated cells away in the morning. I don't like the idea of that happening in the day under my makeup. I also thought her advice of using at night if you are unlikely to bother with SPF baffling. The photosensitivity doesn't just go away after 8 hours. She really doesn't think any of this through.

I'm in need of a recommendation. Used to use the Superdrug Naturally Radiant AHA toner (a Sali recommendation that I actually loved, although I already used Superdrug own brand stuff pretty much exclusively, being an expensive skincare sceptic, which didn't make me popular on the forum.) Last summer I got that REN Ready Steady Glow one in the M&S beauty bag and it was a bit sticky but fine. As I now live in Spain where I can't get my beloved Superdrug I went to Sephora and got some Pixi Glow Tonic. I never get reactions to anything but I got several sore spots. Any recs for internationally available, affordableish, gentle acid toners? I have normal-dry skin.

Even when I was a fan I was horrified by the amount of stuff she applies and recommends others do. IMO the best thing you can do for your skin is basically leave it alone. Cleanse gently, moisturise as needed, use actives sparingly (I only use acids and only twice a week.) Her bare skin looks quite inflamed actually as does that of many influencers, and their advice seems like a surefire way to wreck your skin. But then the more problems they cause, the more shit they can sell you to 'rectify' the problems. Sali's skin would need less 'cosseting' if she left it the fuck alone.

Reactions: 15