Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

SqualorVictoria

VIP Member
She wasn't slating Brighton though, just the beach. Probably no real need to tell her that but I just found the outraged comments funny. As if Sali had built the beach with her own bare hands and was being personally insulted

• Haha
Reactions: 14

SqualorVictoria

VIP Member
If we all just had what we need the cosmetics companies would not make much of a profit. Stuff like that is exactly why they pay Sali and other influencers. They're setting the 'standard' we're supposed to want to live up to. Look at the freaks in Hirons' FB group and their ridiculous stashes.
I only have what I need makeup wise and it's so much more satisfying. I find it more satisfying to have a certain look and stick to it rather than dithering over 70 blushers and 80 lipsticks like the Salinistas. And which eyeshadow to pair with the lipstick and blusher. Seems like way too much hassle

Love makeup and always will but I much prefer having a small selection of what I will use and not have palettes gathering dust

SqualorVictoria

VIP Member
Maybe now that Sali has ventured into reels, she could change her signature titles too. So instead of Pretty Honest, it could now be Reely Honest, Reely Iconic, etc

• Haha

melfish

VIP Member
I thought she piled on concealer and powder, had no idea she was exfoliating around her eyes every day. Why would you do that?
She said to make the concealer go on more smoothly, so who the fuck knows. I am not an expert content creator

• Haha
  • Wow

Eurgh

VIP Member
But I thought you didn’t use eye cream Sali?

Also - I get that it must be annoying to be asked all these stupid questions but that is the approachable friendly persona SHE created. She was always below the line on the guardian and she started her own fb group and forum ffs!

TriviaNewtonJohn

VIP Member
Today's article is quite useful but why is it appearing a year into the pandemic? And it is cringy mentioning 'her' charity so early on.

• Wow

melfish

VIP Member
Horrible bitch!

ETA: just came from a poke at insta - I’d be furious/gutted if she replied to me like that and I was still a fan!
Oddly most people back down and apologise. It's horrible to witness

They just meekly accept their position as underlings

• Sad

Mazerati

Chatty Member
If I had the time I would respond to every poster who was met with a useless snippy response with a proper recommendation.

• Heart

Blahblahbuzzy

But I thought you didn’t use eye cream Sali?

Also - I get that it must be annoying to be asked all these stupid questions but that is the approachable friendly persona SHE created. She was always below the line on the guardian and she started her own fb group and forum ffs!
I saw that tweet, typically unhelpful and rude response. I also saw a comment on her replying to some poor soul asking what eyeliner she was wearing or something with 'SEE CAPTION' and another helpful person replying to Sali with, 'it must be so annoying to have to keep telling people to read the caption'. Yeah, poor Sali wearing her fingers to the bone :cry:

Also, I don't see why it should be annoying. Plenty of people post nice replies to their IG and tweets - Cher Webb is always very polite and helpful and always gets loads of comments on her posts. If Sali finds it that annoying she should resign her post as influencer expert content creator.

GTL Old-Timer

VIP Member
I’ve just read through some of the comments. What a snippy cow! Even when she’s being paid a compliment! My g-d!

6F2401FA-6CBB-4181-9FF4-21CB833A6E99.jpeg

D9728897-3E82-465A-9067-C9376C93800C.jpeg

EC157C3C-0786-41E5-8C09-C14B25BFE89D.jpeg

96AE47AE-FC56-497C-AAE5-A2C929AEA296.jpeg

• Wow
  • Angry
  • Haha

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
Their scattergun approach to charity is so confusing. I had a quick glance at their website and could not see any reference to the NHS. For this reason I would not donate to them. How I do I know where my money, which I assumed was going to the cause I presumed, wasn't being given to another? I don't want to rely on Sali and Jo's assumption of what is the best use of my money. When I worked for charity there was usually a specific fund for 'changing and emerging needs' - but always stuck to the core principles. Pamper packages for NHS staff, and basics for people in dire poverty are wildly different things.

• Heart
Reactions: 13

Missypissy

Such a weird tweet to get knickers in a twist over. Especially given the level of snippy abrasiveness that Sali serves. She must be really bored. Arranging just a fraction of her extensive perfume collection on a tray must not have been as satisfying as she anticipated...

• Haha

Gairlfb

Chatty Member
I thought I’d accidentally re-followed Sali on insta just now but no, it’s a sponsored ad in my feed - there’s no escape!

7D60AB9A-1F3B-456F-83A4-5DFD086D45C7.jpeg

• Haha
  • Sick