Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Annasho

I'm in need of a recommendation. Used to use the Superdrug Naturally Radiant AHA toner (a Sali recommendation that I actually loved, although I already used Superdrug own brand stuff pretty much exclusively, being an expensive skincare sceptic, which didn't make me popular on the forum.) Last summer I got that REN Ready Steady Glow one in the M&S beauty bag and it was a bit sticky but fine. As I now live in Spain where I can't get my beloved Superdrug I went to Sephora and got some Pixi Glow Tonic. I never get reactions to anything but I got several sore spots. Any recs for internationally available, affordableish, gentle acid toners? I have normal-dry skin.
The Ordinary do a glycolic toner that might be good for you? Nice big bottle, not expensive and they definitely deliver all over Europe.
They have other exfoliators too - salicylic, lactic etc. Worth a look: https://theordinary.deciem.com/gb/rdn-glycolic-acid-7pct-toning-solution-240ml.html

Reactions: 2

GTL Old-Timer

VIP Member
Which salicylic should I try for roots please? And why would it be better than glycolic? Thanks!
Any. I am going to use up my glycolic and then try the salicylic 2% from REVOLUTION (£10 for a bottle) as I too have greasy roots.

Are you the poster who said that you have alopecia and that the chemical which causes that is found in sebum? If so, salicylic will be for you because whilst glycolic is good for surface exfoliation, salicylic or any other BHA can get into pores and dissolve sebum (which is why it’s recommended for acne prone skin).

Reactions: 2

MrsBubz

This book looks AWFUL. Love the fact the blurb thinks “learning to poach an egg” think someone out there stupid enough to buy a book to learn to poach an egg?

Brilliant. Not even a link to a specific article. Just...here’s the ENTIRE GUARDIAN website. Catch up with some news while you’re scrabbling about my back catalogue to find something I could have found for you in a second. It’s almost like she’s going out of her way to be unhelpful!
Just realised this post included a previous one I wrote and then decided not to post as I scrolled down and realised many people had already made the point much better 🤦‍♀️Which reminds me I wanted to ask...how do you delete a post you’ve started but don’t want to use? 🧐

• Haha
Reactions: 1

MrsBubz

You mean when it appears in the reply box and then follows you all around tattle? That’s the £1million question!
That’s the one! Thanks :)

Tattle seems very keen to save any half-written draft posts.
You can just highlight what you don’t want included and delete though. In fact I think I have to select and use ‘cut’ as the keyboard doesn’t come up to access the delete button. You can also use Preview to check what’s going to be posted and then adjust.
Thanks! :)

Ah. Somebody who actually knows what they’re doing! Ignore my bodge, @MrsBubz.
Tbh I still can’t get it to work (no floppy disk-like icon though am on phone so that’s maybe why) so going with the tried and tested “delete everything” method 🤷‍♀️

Last edited:

WinterSolstice

VIP Member
Hi @Perpet i found the ordinary glycolic a bit sting-y, but I’ve used products with higher percentages that didn’t feel this way. Pixi is actually my favourite glycolic (not helpful!) but Aldi do a dupe at least some of the time which is around €5, you might not have issues with it? Not sure if they’re in Spain though. I’ve also found Nip & Fab to be irritating. First Aid Beauty facial radiance pads I found good but they are more expensive.

Perpet

Well, I am very envious. I'd love to live anywhere in Europe really. Working on getting my Polish passport, to make that a possibility
My husband and I are both eligible for different European passports based on ancestry, but in both our cases it's taking forever, exacerbated by Covid. Even though I have my Spanish residency now I won't feel properly secure until I have my EU citizenship back. Have you started the procedure yet?

zcfthc5

Chatty Member
I can’t remember where I read it or saw it but someone recommended setting under eye concealer with setting spray rather than powder. Obviously powder settles in the creases and makes them look worse. Spray the spray onto your hand, dip your little finger in it and pat gently over the make up.

Sali’s tip about using colour corrector before your concealer is a good one.

I use Nars creamy concealer.
I never thought of that! Will def give that a try ty!

Skiddidlydaddle

Chatty Member
Who is K.erry J.ean Lister too? Her name pops up on my social media snooping, sorry browsing, all the time. She seems to be a Northerner living in Brighton. Is she an influencer?